Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

I'd like Russia to withdraw immediately. Don't you?

I too would like Russia to withdraw immediately, but you and I wanting it and repeatedly posting how much we want it doesn't actually bring it any further forward.

After a while, posting that we want it and especially demanding that others confirm that they want it too, seems to me to serve little purpose other than virtue signaling.

I too would like Russia to withdraw immediately, but you and I wanting it and repeatedly posting how much we want it doesn't actually bring it any further forward.

After a while, posting that we want it and especially demanding that others confirm that they want it too, seems to me to serve little purpose other than virtue signaling.

When posters appear to be celebrating Russian triumphs and denigrating the Ukrainian leadership, it’s always going to be worth asking them for that confirmation.

MODERATOR NOTICE

A reminder of the board rules:
Enforced mutual ignore is a last, desperate admin measure to stop long-standing personal conflicts continuing to disrupt threads.

This means that that those put on mutual ignore DO NOT respond, quote, comment or make any reference the other person in their posts, and continuing to do so will result in a warning, eventually leading to an automatic temp ban if they accrue enough warning posts.

It is very much a reluctant measure, but it is taken in the interests of the boards overall, and is only ever introduced after every other admin measure has failed to stop the personal digs and general unpleasantness.

As editor now has Pickman's model on ignore, I'm curious how another moderator is apparently aware that PM has replied to one of ed's posts and has issued a warning within 5 minutes of the reply :confused:
There is no functioning mi function on the boards. No posts have been hidden from me. It's a sort of pretend ignore thing which is hidden behind a er lie that some technical thing's been done and its purpose, as Spymaster can aver, is to allow warning points to be added for temp bans.

There is no functioning mi function on the boards. No posts have been hidden from me. It's a sort of pretend ignore thing which is hidden behind a er lie that some technical thing's been done and its purpose, as Spymaster can aver, is to allow warning points to be added for temp bans.

OK, never having been involved in a mutual ignore myself, I assumed that something similar happened to when I choose to use the ignore function, ie the posts disappear but can still be read by clinking on "show ignored content".

OK, never having been involved in a mutual ignore myself, I assumed that something similar happened to when I choose to use the ignore function, ie the posts disappear but can still be read by clinking on "show ignored content".
I asked about mutual ignore when I was stalked here by an ex gf. Essentially told by that man that no such facility existed. I won’t post the PM concerned as against another rule.

Back
Top Bottom