Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

"Urban75's lack of empathy for ordinary people accused of supporting Russian war crimes"

It would be good to get it clear, whether posters on urban are actually being accused of "supporting Russian war crimes".

Can anyone clarify? Is there anyone out there who genuinely believes that other urban posters "support Russian war crimes"?

The bolded bit, please. NATO troops holding the Belarus border and swamping Moldova, freeing Ukrainians for the Donbas front. All the air defence that NATO has, wherever in Ukraine it can do most good. Missiles in their thousands that can take out every piece of Russian logistical infrastructure that enables the war, especially bridges.

I don’t think that this risks nuclear escalation any more than the current level of support. And it’s what Ukraine needs. I think I’ve said so elsewhere in the thread.
Would you join up for that?

It would be good to get it clear, whether posters on urban are actually being accused of "supporting Russian war crimes".

Can anyone clarify? Is there anyone out there who genuinely believes that other urban posters "support Russian war crimes"?
Loads of allegations of that on this very thread.

It's not really possible to be politically opposed to Ukraine's self-defence without being politically supportive of Russian victory, regardless of how explicit you are about it.

I'd imagine they don't so much support Russian war-crimes as minimise them and spend time reading about Ukrainian ones.

Would you join up for that?

To sit around in Moldova as part of a force that deterred Moscow from playing silly buggers in Transnistria? On full pay? If I was 30 years younger and able-bodied? And if for some unknown reason we’d moved from having a small but professional army to random conscription, like jury service?

Sure. But it’s a pretty odd question.

Happy for my taxes to pay for missiles that take out Putin’s war machine, though, more to the point. As a good European.

It's not really possible to be politically opposed to Ukraine's self-defence without being politically supportive of Russian victory, regardless of how explicit you are about it.

I'd imagine they don't so much support Russian war-crimes as minimise them and spend time reading about Ukrainian ones.

Do you think people are "politically opposed to Ukraine's self-defence"? Do you mean on pacifist grounds?

so, you send all the air defence to ukraine. what will defend the uk? or the us? i don't think you have thought this through.
You are ignoring the role of the aircraft flown by entities such as the RAF and USAF ...

I was talking more about such things as Patriot batteries and similar ground-based systems.
The missiles etc hung on the current RAF 'planes are less backwardly compatible than some people think.

I hope that the boffins in the defence industry are working on a way to defeat the FAB / guided bombs ... other than relying on shooting down the aircraft involved - which isn't as easy as it sounds, although there are a few late Su-34 pilots that might disagree with that assertion.

You are ignoring the role of the aircraft flown by entities such as the RAF and USAF ...

I was talking more about such things as Patriot batteries and similar ground-based systems.
The missiles etc hung on the current RAF 'planes are less backwardly compatible than some people think.

I hope that the boffins in the defence industry are working on a way to defeat the FAB / guided bombs ... other than relying on shooting down the aircraft involved - which isn't as easy as it sounds, although there are a few late Su-34 pilots that might disagree with that assertion.
er, i wasnt replying to you?

Loads of allegations of that on this very thread.

*Sarcasm mode engaged

what do you mean that because i take relish in all news reports of a Russia advance and the thoughts of them winning the war

that you can accuse me of supporting their war crimes .. how dare you

btw if you show any support for Ukraine, you are by direct action a supporter of nazism and the actions of the Waffen SS

Perhaps this is an only slightly related question, but have sanctions ever worked?
They've worked in Russia, just not to the extent that the west had hoped. Russia's factories are producing less complex arms (eg: T-90M) for themselves than when they were exporting. It's clear that santions on electronics and optics have had an effect there. However, Russia is quite self sufficient in things like artillery shells, mines, and simple drones. Which are what's winning things for them right now. And since tank on tank battles have proven to be quite rare, their stash of old tanks works on their favour.

Back
Top Bottom