Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

deliberately bombing the shite out of civilian hospitals, museums, schools and other civilian infrastructure but barely hitting actual military targets
attacking individuals, as in Bucha ... shooting POWS ...

those are - or should be - war crimes ...

Do people really feel the Ukrainians should fight to the last soldier still?

When the soldiers are dead or injured, the front collapses, the country in ruins; what will you advise the Ukrainians then?

Their leaders have led them down a path of destruction. Their supporters will eventually desert them. No EU any time soon. The loans have to be repaid. It’s not a good future and will worsen the longer this goes on.

deliberately bombing the shite out of civilian hospitals, museums, schools and other civilian infrastructure but barely hitting actual military targets

i daresay we're not being told about all the military targets the russians are hitting, just as we're not told how many ukrainian casualties there are

No more pics of women in makeup holding rifles by the barrel. Times have changed. Zelenskyy knows like Netenyahu he will only survive as leader if the war goes on. His end is in the post.
there are precedents for changes of leadership during wartime. nicholas ii. churchill. roosevelt. hitler. some perhaps more palatable to zelenskyy (and indeed netanyahu) than others. this 'we can't change leaders at a time like this' is nonsense, whoever says it.

What would you say to someone who posted:

Do people really feel the Palestinians should fight to the last soldier still?

When the fighters are dead or injured, Gaza in ruins; what will you advise the Palestinians then?

Their leaders have led them down a path of destruction. Their supporters will eventually desert them. No state any time soon. It’s not a good future and will worsen the longer this goes on.

When the fighters are dead or injured, Gaza in ruins; what will you advise the Palestinians then?

Their leaders have led them down a path of destruction. Their supporters will eventually desert them. No state any time soon. It’s not a good future and will worsen the longer this goes on.
wrong thread.

ukraine is not gaza.

you forgot the nuns being bayonetted and babies thrown out of incubators.

If you don't think the Russians have deliberately targeted civilian infrastructure like hospitals or committed war crimes in places in Bucha then I guess I don't have any. more questions for you - it's like talking to the back end of a human centipede with Putin in the front and George Galloway in the middle

i would question them all until there was proof.
for instance, we know the un told ukraine to stop hiding military bases amongst civilian infrastructure, like schools, etc.

starting to sound like a line you hear from the Israelis about gaza

Open discussion of US requests to cease attacking Russian refineries
If they want a say in Ukraine's targets, they'll just have to pony up and start sending arms again won't they? Don't get nothing for free.

Interesting to see that you're continuing to describe posters here as apologists for war crimes, and to suggest that I'm aligning myself with them.

Also interesting to see that editor is liking your post, which I suppose means he is aligning himself with your baseless accusations.
There's many reasons why I might like a post, and it doesn't always mean that I agree with every single word in them.
If you want my opinion on a topic, try asking directly instead of just projecting whatever's in your head. Thanks.

This Russian pacifist helped Ukrainians forcibly deported to Russia to return to their homeland. He died last week after six months in custody and there's been a crackdown on other volunteers

In a phone call to his son, Demidenko described being tortured by the Akhmat forces, who he said forced him to confess to the charge. Vishnevskaya also published photographs of her husband in court which showed signs of torture on his body.

Demidenko’s final days remain a mystery. Prison authorities say he died on 5 April. The local Belgorod Bel.ru outlet reported this week citing prison officials that his cause of death was suicide. But Demidenko’s official death certificate, seen by the Observer, states that the cause of death “was not yet established”.

Yet more war crimes racked up by Putin's obscene regime.

Especially when you have nothing of note to add to the thread.

oh my you pop up with a reply

be very interested to see your response to yossarian post a few posts up in the thread :)

also pivoted the flow of the thread to the Israel conflict by mentioning Ben earlier

oh my you pop up with a reply

be very interested to see your response to yossarian post a few posts up in the thread :)

also pivoted the flow of the thread to the Israel conflict by mentioning Ben earlier
Generally you are too incoherent to understand

Back
Top Bottom