Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

But that's just ot true is it. Despite his last post no one would suggest kebabking supports Russia. It's about far more than that. For one thing there is the complete absence of any criticism of Russia or condemnation of Russia war crimes from some posters.
If you're counting me among these then a) I've said something on the wc subject in the past and criticised russia and b) I don't post to order.

But that's just ot true is it. Despite his last post no one would suggest kebabking supports Russia. It's about far more than that. For one thing there is the complete absence of any criticism of Russia or condemnation of Russia war crimes from some posters.

I guess the absence of "criticism of Russia or condemnation of Russian war crimes" from the vast majority of my posts on this thread marks me out as a supporter of Putin as well then :(

I don't think we're at a stage where anyone can be very confident in predicting the outcome of the war, absent their wishful thinking.

Last edited:
I don't think we're at a stage where anyone can be very confident in predicting the outcome of the war, absent their wishful thinking.

I'm at bad. Shit can happen that would change that to a different bad, but I don't see any move being made to stop a chain reaction of bad things leading to a really bad thing.

When the history of this gets written its going to look like every inquiry we've ever had into every disaster we've had - repeated signposts saying 'this is going really badly!', and endless opportunities to put the brakes on, bit every single one charged past like a blind bull on Crack.

I'm at bad. Shit can happen that would change that to a different bad, but I don't see any move being made to stop a chain reaction of bad things leading to a really bad thing.

When the history of this gets written its going to look like every inquiry we've ever had into every disaster we've had - repeated signposts saying 'this is going really badly!', and endless opportunities to put the brakes on, bit every single one charged past like a blind bull on Crack.
Ah what I think of as the American way, after the way in which for many years from 2003 on whenever presented with an alternative that would keep the situation as bad as it was or make things rather worse they opted unerringly for the worse choice

I guess the absence of "criticism of Russia or condemnation of Russian war crimes" from the vast majority of my posts on this thread marks me out as a supporter of Putin as well then :(
For fucks sake, I'm done with the defenders of these pricks, and your massive double standards

It is FUCKING OBVIOUS!!
It oozes from their posts.

But if you defend and align yourself with apologist for war crimes then yeah you really are just as bad.

I dare you to say you would take the same stance uf this was Israel instead of Russia? You fucking wouldn't.

Germans getting worried about a far-right party's ties to Mocow

Yet to many politicians, these precautions against espionage now feel like something of a farce.
Because seated alongside them in those classified meetings are members of the Alternative for Germany, the far-right party known by its German abbreviation, AfD.
In the past few months alone, a leading AfD politician was accused of taking money from pro-Kremlin strategists. One of the party’s parliamentary aides was exposed as having links to a Russian intelligence operative. And some of its state lawmakers flew to Moscow to observe Russia’s stage-managed elections.

Germans getting worried about a far-right party's ties to Mocow

Yet to many politicians, these precautions against espionage now feel like something of a farce.
Because seated alongside them in those classified meetings are members of the Alternative for Germany, the far-right party known by its German abbreviation, AfD.
In the past few months alone, a leading AfD politician was accused of taking money from pro-Kremlin strategists. One of the party’s parliamentary aides was exposed as having links to a Russian intelligence operative. And some of its state lawmakers flew to Moscow to observe Russia’s stage-managed elections.

Because they've spent so long looking the other way.

If it's anything like Britain the problem will be that it's not just the fringe right that have been taking money from Russia.

More on energy prices.
  • European energy prices will rise dramatically if the Russian destruction of Ukrainian energy infrastructure continues unabated, Andriy Kobolyev, a former head of Ukraine’s Naftogaz, has told the Guardian. “Russia is trying to wage a global energy war and Ukraine is part of that war and if the markets perceive that Russia is winning that war … you will see a spike in prices all round the globe.”

For fucks sake, I'm done with the defenders of these pricks, and your massive double standards

It is FUCKING OBVIOUS!!

But if you defend and align yourself with apologist for war crimes then yeah you really are just as bad.

I dare you to say you would take the same stance uf this was Israel instead of Russia? You fucking wouldn't.

Interesting to see that you're continuing to describe posters here as apologists for war crimes, and to suggest that I'm aligning myself with them.

Also interesting to see that editor is liking your post, which I suppose means he is aligning himself with your baseless accusations.

It is FUCKING OBVIOUS!!

I double dare you to take that attitude with the zionist entity

Zelensky demands parity of defence with Israel.

Voldoymyr Zelenskiy has called on allies to show Ukraine the same unity they displayed in helping Israel fend off Iranian attacks. The Ukrainian president issued a fresh plea for air defences to protect against Russian strikes on cities and infrastructure. Zelenskiy said: “Israel is not a member of Nato … and no one was drawn into the war,” he said. “They simply helped save lives.

Interesting to see that you're continuing to describe posters here as apologists for war crimes, and to suggest that I'm aligning myself with them.

They are and you are.

You have lied several times about what posters are saying to defend them as well.

It is FUCKING OBVIOUS!!

It is, and it does, but extreme left politics are like that and the ridiculously puerile "my enemy's enemy ..." is a huge thing for those obsessed with anti-west politics. Whilst TC and DK are truly and openly down the rabbit hole there are a couple of other posters approaching their position but managing to hold themselves back a bit! Generally though, given the political leanings of many on these boards, I'm actually surprised that they don't have far more supporters. Most sane people appreciate that a Russian win here is in nobody's best interests other than a handful of very wealthy Russians, and increases the likelihood of a non-conventional weapons exchange further down the line.

That said, the extreme left and sanity have never been comfortable bedfellows.

Last edited:
It is, and it does, but extreme left politics are like that and the ridiculously puerile "my enemy's enemy ..." is a huge thing for those obsessed with anti-west politics. Whilst TC and DK are truly and openly down the rabbit hole there are a couple of other posters approaching their position but managing to hold themselves back a bit! Generally though, given the political leanings of many on these boards, I'm actually surprised that they don't have far more supporters. Most sane people appreciate that a Russian win here is in nobody's best interests other than a handful of very wealthy Russians, and increases the likelihood of a non-conventional weapons exchange further down the line.

That said, the extreme left and sanity have never been comfortable bedfellows.
I'm going to ignore the digs at the left. :)

But it really is the refusal to accept that some posters on here actually support Russia that I can't get my head around when It is so obvious from their posts.

I can get how someone gets to the point of supporting Russia, as misguided as it is. But I find it hard to believe that so many posters on here are so inept at understanding human communication that they can't see it.

Maybe they just don't want to accept it of posters they previous felt on the same side of?

Or as you say theyare inching towards that position themselves so have to defend those futher down the rabbit hole to shore up their own stance.

It worries me because as I have said several times this is a path that ends with conspiracy theorys, antisemitism and a full on embrace of the far right.

They are positioning themselves alongside Galloway, and that should really be warning enough.

This Russian pacifist helped Ukrainians forcibly deported to Russia to return to their homeland. He died last week after six months in custody and there's been a crackdown on other volunteers

In a phone call to his son, Demidenko described being tortured by the Akhmat forces, who he said forced him to confess to the charge. Vishnevskaya also published photographs of her husband in court which showed signs of torture on his body.

Demidenko’s final days remain a mystery. Prison authorities say he died on 5 April. The local Belgorod Bel.ru outlet reported this week citing prison officials that his cause of death was suicide. But Demidenko’s official death certificate, seen by the Observer, states that the cause of death “was not yet established”.

But it really is the refusal to accept that some posters on here actually support Russia that I can't get my head around when It is so obvious from their posts.

I can get how someone gets to the point of supporting Russia, as misguided as it is. But I find it hard to believe that so many posters on here are so inept at understanding human communication that they can't see it.

Maybe they just don't want to accept it of posters they previous felt on the same side of?

Or as you say theyare inching towards that position themselves so have to defend those futher down the rabbit hole to shore up their own stance.

It worries me because as I have said several times this is a path that ends with conspiracy theorys, antisemitism and a full on embrace of the far right.

They are positioning themselves alongside Galloway, and that should really be warning enough.

I'm with you, and it outlines the depressing observation that some people feel so damaged by the actions of what they perceive as "the west", that they are prepared to support the rape and murder of civilians by their opponents.

Maybe consider you are just wrong perhaps because of stupidity and a poor grasp of history plus your analysis is very poor and all this causes you frustration you find hard to deal with?

Your frustration is going to get worse as your side are losing and we’re always going to lose.

Back
Top Bottom