Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2023

Great game, great series, though the curmudgeon in my instantly thinks they should be 2-1 up, not down)

Well, that's probably the end of Anderson and maybe Bairstow, at least as a keeper (not sure how brutal the current England management are). Wood and Woakes delivered.

Great game, great series, though the curmudgeon in my instantly thinks they should be 2-1 up, not down)

Well, that's probably the end of Anderson and maybe Bairstow, at least as a keeper (not sure how brutal the current England management are). Wood and Woakes delivered.

May I refer my learned friend to the test case (lol) of Zak Crawley.

Bairstow. Yorkshire. England. Golf.

He's in for the series.

Anderson will be back at Old Trafford I reckon.

May I refer my learned friend to the test case (lol) of Zak Crawley.

Bairstow. Yorkshire. England. Golf.

He's in for the series.

Anderson will be back at Old Trafford I reckon.
I just noticed in the interview Stokes said 'if he gets a chance', of Woakes, later in the series.

Who bats at 3? Moeen didn’t do too well. It could squander Stokes’ wicket too early on. Root doesn’t want to do it.

Crawley
Duckett
Moeen
Root
Brook
Stokes
Foakes
Woakes
Wood
Broad
Anderson

I just had the most tragic bumble date ever when we wandered past some big screens showing this drinking cappuccinos while there was a bar there. I mean, I was probably out of her league anyway..

I think it's safe to say now that this will be a 3-2 England victory. But just checked - no more Tests this year after that. Just some white ball shit. They're bringing NZ over and not even playing a Test.

Has every single thing that Petcha has said proved to be wrong? Or has there been a prediction that did actually pan out? Please give me at least a glimmer of hope on this

Can anyone realistically see YJB being dropped? I can’t.

I’d have had Foakes in from the start, as would many on here no doubt. Can’t see Baz & Ben having a change of heart now

Can anyone realistically see YJB being dropped? I can’t.

I’d have had Foakes in from the start, as would many on here no doubt. Can’t see Baz & Ben having a change of heart now

I think Bairstow definitely plays. The question is whether he keeps again I'd say not whether he's in the team.

Their problem is Stokes' bowling fitness - if he could bowl a decent number of overs they could go for Foakes at 7, Moeen at 8 and three seamers. If he doesn't recover enough with the break though they'll go for a similar lineup I guess which means no Foakes.

Bairstow will play, as I said upthread. There is serious talk of Moeen at 3. Although he seems to have volunteered for this, it's beginning to resemble the dicking about he received under previous management, with no fixed position in the order.

1689069899596.png

Bairstow will play, as I said upthread. There is serious talk of Moeen at 3. Although he seems to have volunteered for this, it's beginning to resemble the dicking about he received under previous management, with no fixed position in the order.

View attachment 382774
Yeah according to Ben Stokes he asked to bat at 3 as he wanted to "have a go" at the Aussies.

Stokes didn't see it as successful but Michael Vaughan did as he felt it allowed Brooks to relax and play better lower down the order.

View attachment 382774
I've always felt Moeen is a natural number 7. Those numbers seem to bear that out. Stokes-Bairstow-Moeen-Woakes works as a 5-8. Root should be put to 3, Brook 4.

The problem is that Root refuses to bat 3.

I guess maybe because in the past that effectively means hes opening :D

Maybe now we have a slightly stable opening pair he'll rethink.

Back
Top Bottom