Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

He's so humorless. Just say it in a sarky voice, or cross your fingers or even more creative learn to say it in some minor Brit language and see what you can get away with.

I'd love it if someone did a proper waynes world "....NOT" but they're all so sanctimonious, look at me, doing a protest. At least Skinner had a sense of humour.

So does the publication of Hallet’s Covid enquiry report give us a further clue to the ‘thinking’ behind rat-boy’s GE date?

Are they gonna not let him do the job he was elected to do if he doesn't swear undying allegiance to whichever tennis instructor's bastard hasn't been disinherited so far this week?

yes.

an MP who has not taken the oath is not allowed to take part in parliamentary business, doesn't get paid, and the powers that be can call a by-election to replace that MP if they try and take any active part in proceedings.

more here.

(i should add that i'm not agreeing with the concept.)

Fucking joke of a country. He was elected wasn't he? Are they gonna not let him do the job he was elected to do if he doesn't swear undying allegiance to whichever tennis instructor's bastard hasn't been disinherited so far this week?
After every election the King should go to Downing Street to ask if he can form a new Monarchy.

(And the PM should say no get a proper job.)

Fucking joke of a country. He was elected wasn't he? Are they gonna not let him do the job he was elected to do if he doesn't swear undying allegiance to whichever tennis instructor's bastard hasn't been disinherited so far this week?
He was elected to do a job that involves swearing the oath so he should just do what the electorate voted for him to do. Many of those people value the monarchy and it is arrogant of him to decide he knows better. But I don't suppose you care about what is of value to ordinary people.

He was elected to do a job that involves swearing the oath so he should just do what the electorate voted for him to do. Many of those people value the monarchy and it is arrogant of him to decide he knows better. But I don't suppose you care about what is of value to ordinary people.

Ah, the proper non-royalist making excuses for their continuance yet again.

Would you like Sinn Fein to swear the oath to your beloved parasites as well?

What about those that don't value the monarchy why do they not deserve representation?

What about those that don't value the monarchy why do they not deserve representation?
They are free to vote for candidates whose manifesto includes getting rid of the monarchy. And they are free to do a revolution. But the reality is there is hardly anyone who actually cares that much. Shooting the messenger isn't going to change anything.

They are free to vote for candidates whose manifesto includes getting rid of the monarchy. And they are free to do a revolution. But the reality is there is hardly anyone who actually cares that much. Shooting the messenger isn't going to change anything.
Proof, please

On a different note, there is much speculation that Braverman will defect to Deform. Should she do so, so soon after the GE, surely there should be a new election to see if the locals actually want her as a Deform MP.

62% of the British population are ordinary people. 38% are not ordinary.

Of which 80% of people aged 65+ are ordinary, only 20% aren't normal people.

But of the 18-24 demographic only 37% are ordinary people, 63% are a bunch of weirdos apparently. 44% of people aged between 25 and 50 are also not ordinary people.

62% of the British population are ordinary people. 38% are not ordinary.

Of which 80% of people aged 65+ are ordinary, only 20% aren't normal people.

But of the 18-24 demographic only 37% are ordinary people, 63% are a bunch of weirdos apparently. 44% of people aged between 25 and 50 are also not ordinary people.
Also, we should avoid upsetting people because noone cares that much.

On a different note, there is much speculation that Braverman will defect to Deform. Should she do so, so soon after the GE, surely there should be a new election to see if the locals actually want her as a Deform MP.
if that's true then i agree she should stand down and force a by election but she almost certainly won't.
There is no legal requirement to do so and mp's don't normally do that when they have swapped parties in the past.

if that's true then i agree she should stand down and force a by election but she almost certainly won't.
There is no legal requirement to do so and mp's don't normally do that when they have swapped parties in the past.
A unfortunate side effect of FPTP is you vote for a specific person regardless to party.

One less Tory is no bad thing.

Ahem:

We usually use less with uncountable nouns. We use fewer with plural nouns:
You will often hear less used with plural countable nouns in informal spoken situations, but traditionally it is not considered to be correct:
We’ve got less pizzas than we need. There’s ten people and only eight pizzas. (traditionally correct usage: fewer pizzas)

You're on dangerous ground here :mad: and we can only dream of 'Tories' being an uncountable noun

So if they voted for a candidate who supports the abolition of the royal family, for example Clive Lewis, that vote should be respected?

Back
Top Bottom