Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

There’s a whole number of takes on this :
Firstly he’s more animated by off road bikes than anything he’s said on Gaza
Secondly his ‘plan’ has been used in Manchester for over 10 years
Finally after listening to it , watch it again with no sound and pay attention to the people in the background who seem to have problems concentrating on his pitch .

Anyway it’s one rung up from banning fizzy drinks

The guy in the brown jacket directly behind him is awesome, it's like they're not even on the same planet.

There’s a whole number of takes on this :
Firstly he’s more animated by off road bikes than anything he’s said on Gaza
Secondly his ‘plan’ has been used in Manchester for over 10 years
Finally after listening to it , watch it again with no sound and pay attention to the people in the background who seem to have problems concentrating on his pitch .

Anyway it’s one rung up from banning fizzy drinks
I wonder how dirt bikes rank compare on the importance scale with the smell of cannabis

I quite like it, which is just as well, considering how much of it I vape (much less smelly than smoke, but still noticeable - some vaping folk seem delusional about that).
But hardly a burning (npi!) matter of importance enough to put in a manifesto, surely?
Same with quad bikes. They’re extremely annoying and angering to me when I see lads racing them down the high street but it happens maybe twice a year. I would support stern measures against them but don’t think it’s up there with climate change and housing as a key issue

I know people are sneering about the bikes thing but I think that's pretty good politics. Local Facebook groups are full of posts really pissed off at noise / ruined green spaces etc. it might be low level stuff but it's one of those quality of life issues that gets people's backs up. Of course it's not more important than Gaza or poverty but you need to bring the mildly annoyed suburbanites into the coalition.

I know people are sneering about the bikes thing but I think that's pretty good politics. Local Facebook groups are full of posts really pissed off at noise / ruined green spaces etc. it might be low level stuff but it's one of those quality of life issues that gets people's backs up. Of course it's not more important than Gaza or poverty but you need to bring the mildly annoyed suburbanites into the coalition.
It's a swing voter issue.... The concerns of those few thousand voters repeatedly trump everyone else in the country

It's a swing voter issue.... The concerns of those few thousand voters repeatedly trump everyone else in the country
Is it? It's one of those perennial issues that comes up all the time in this safe-ish Labour seat. Much like the usual issues that plague local politics like litter and dog shit and roadworks. I don't think it's a swing voter issue really. Sensible to have some policies about local quality of life stuff, mundane though it can seem.

Is it? It's one of those perennial issues that comes up all the time in this safe-ish Labour seat. Much like the usual issues that plague local politics like litter and dog shit and roadworks. I don't think it's a swing voter issue really. Sensible to have some policies about local quality of life stuff, mundane though it can seem.
Of course something should be done but does it really need to be a photo op issue ? What prevented the previous incumbent of this safe-ish Labour seat where you live or the Council/Police /Housing providers from doing something about it?

Greater Manchester which includes the Lib Dem and Tory councils have confiscated and crushed off road bikes for years.

That's what I mean, they're making a meal of it because of what it signals and for whom this signal lands with....this is focus group led for certain...

Not really. I know of a traditional labour area where these bikes are a nuisance to the people that live there. Not Tori is going to get elected by those people.

I should add, my mouse must just have been hovering over the Reform odds, I did not make such a bet.

Especially as it would have been stupid, with them being the shortest odds available.

I guess Ed Davey (Not Nick Clegg, Charlie Kennedy, Vince Cable or any of the LDs anyone has ever actually heard of) becoming the leader of the opposition will be the true Portillo moment this time around. Unless Binface beats Binfire in Richmond.

Back
Top Bottom