Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nicola Bulley Missing

In the Ch 5 interview, Nicolas husband was asked at the start almost, if that morning was normal.
He said mornings are normally chaos, kids getting ready for school, dog to be walked, packed lunches etc...
He answered that on the morning she disappeared, everything seemed to have been done and prepared earlier and it was unusually not chaotic.

In the Ch 5 interview, Nicolas husband was asked at the start almost, if that morning was normal.
He said mornings are normally chaos, kids getting ready for school, dog to be walked, packed lunches etc...
He answered that on the morning she disappeared, everything seemed to have been done and prepared earlier and it was unusually not chaotic.

Sounds like she knew she was going to turn into a werewolf

That's been covered upthread a determined individual only needs a bucketful

How many suicides by drowning occur by someone inhaling a bucket-full of water? Given such quantities of water are more readily available than deep bodies of water, you'd think it would be commonplace.

That, to me, would be the biggest indication that suicide was a possibility.

(e2a well, depending; when he said unusual, he might have meant only happens a couple of times a month)

Last edited:

Witness claims two men tried to 'hide their faces' near Nicola Bulley’s walking route​

Wonder what came of this?

They didnt contact this witness til 9 days after he contacted them ..having seen two suspicious men the day before and again one man on the day Nicola disappeared.

Witness claims two men tried to 'hide their faces' near Nicola Bulley’s walking route​

Wonder what came of this?

I think the answer is fairly obvious - nothing. Someone saw two fish assassins and didn't recognise them. It's not really...anything at all, is it?

I think the answer is fairly obvious - nothing. Someone saw two fish assassins and didn't recognise them. It's not really...anything at all, is it?

He does say he saw one of them on the day Nicola went missing and that the guy was on the same walk as Nicola.

It does sound odd that their faces were covered / hidden.

He does say he saw one of them on the day Nicola went missing and that the guy was on the same walk as Nicola.

not that weird, its cold out. I wouldn't even be sure he saw the same person the next day, sounds too far away and he couldn't see their face. It would appear the cops put it down as low priority given everything else they had to chase up.

only seems odd in retrospect. As said it was cold. Eye witness acounts are notoriously fuzzy anyway.

I'm not saying she couldn't have been abducted or willingly disappeared to a new life. But all this stuff like a tatty red van, shifty blokes, a lost glove, (referred to somewhere up thread) is very every day stuff and only worth remark because of the disappearance.

The police addressed this in the press conferences. There’s no evidence to back it up that they’ve found.

The main point in the conference was a claim that social media speculation had distracted the investigation.

All this stuff about “but she wouldn’t have done this” and “she would have done that”. I don’t know what happened to Nicola Bulley but I do know that those who suicide will indeed do the things that are being declared as things she wouldn’t do. And vice versa.

Like, the fact that she left her phone on the bench. That absolutely does not mean she didn’t go downstream and jump in the river. Doesn’t mean she did it, doesn’t mean she didn’t.

All this stuff about “but she wouldn’t have done this” and “she would have done that”. I don’t know what happened to Nicola Bulley but I do know that those who suicide will indeed do the things that are being declared as things she wouldn’t do. And vice versa.

Like, the fact that she left her phone on the bench. That absolutely does not mean she didn’t go downstream and jump in the river. Doesn’t mean she did it, doesn’t mean she didn’t.
I completely agree that suicide is usually an irrational act but at the same time there is no need to multiply the irrationalities involved unnecessarily.I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a red herring.the partner quite happy for her to be organising breakfast take the kids to school walk the dog and WFH .what was he getting done?

I completely agree that suicide is usually an irrational act but at the same time there is no need to multiply the irrationalities involved unnecessarily.I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a red herring.the partner quite happy for her to be organising breakfast take the kids to school walk the dog and WFH .what was he getting done?
It’s not a question of “irrationality”. That implies a gods-eye view of what is and isn’t rational. It also assumes something about human decision making processes that just isn’t true. People decide to do things in a moment and then they do them. Prior actions are not necessarily anything to do with it. Real life isn’t a carefully plotted sequence. Apparent order is generally just your brain post-hoc imposing a narrative on events.

not that weird, its cold out. I wouldn't even be sure he saw the same person the next day, sounds too far away and he couldn't see their face. It would appear the cops put it down as low priority given everything else they had to chase up.

The guy reported it within a couple of days of her going missing.
Nobody contacted him til 9 days after that.

Its not a huge metropolis. And seeing 2 guys acting suspiciously was probably a significant enough thing to report.

It’s not a question of “irrationality”. That implies a gods-eye view of what is and isn’t rational. It also assumes something about human decision making processes that just isn’t true. People decide to do things in a moment and then they do them. Prior actions are not necessarily anything to do with it. Real life isn’t a carefully plotted sequence. Apparent order is generally just your brain post-hoc imposing a narrative on events.
I don't disagree with that but if you choose to assume that everyone else is behaving in non rational ways you are not going to get very far

I don't disagree with that but if you choose to assume that everyone else is behaving in non rational ways you are not going to get very far
I don’t need to assume it. “Rationality” is a reified perspective of positivist epistemology that pays no mind to how people actually understand their lives. Ask somebody to explain their life and you will get an edited narrative plotted into a story, not a logical description of every event. Decisions are embodied responses to the model of reality we hold in our head at the time of the event, not pre-plotted logical rationalisations.

Explain rationally why you are posting in this thread. Do you have anything else at all that rationally could be prioritised instead, or is this literally the most important and worthwhile thing in the whole world that you could be doing right now?

Back
Top Bottom