Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

5:2 Diet book author and TV presenter, Michael Mosley, missing

So? People still buy them. People are still encouraged to embark upon diets that will almost certainly fail. Writers who publish these diets bear responsibility for what they promote
And people bear responsibility for over/ under doing it.

Someone my sister lived next to had lots of medical problems and was put on a diet. At a checkup he'd put on weight. Turns out he'd being eating the diet as well as his normal meals. :hmm:

If the same thing worked for everyone then I guess there would not be so many new diet books being published every month. It's a huge profit making industry.
It would also save the NHS a fortune as they wouldn't have to stock dozens of different types of tablets to treat the same condition.

And he was a Daily Mail columnist....

(although no-one seems to be mentioning that, which is kind of odd, as it certainly put me off him)

ok that a second strike against the fella

was he blaming immigrates for people being fat mind

:hmm:

I don't watch TV or read diet books, so I was previously unfamiliar with this individual. It seems rather grim that it took him going missing and then being found dead to catch my attention.

I think the most emotionally impactful aspect of this for me is that he didn't seem to be doing anything particularly risky beyond going for a walk. It's the sort of thing I might find myself doing. There's a canal path near where I live that I like to trundle along, and I'm already a bit nervous about that because of idiot cyclists.

I don't watch TV or read diet books, so I was previously unfamiliar with this individual. It seems rather grim that it took him going missing and then being found dead to catch my attention.

I think the most emotionally impactful aspect of this for me is that he didn't seem to be doing anything particularly risky beyond going for a walk. It's the sort of thing I might find myself doing. There's a canal path near where I live that I like to trundle along, and I'm already a bit nervous about that because of idiot cyclists.
Did you see the terrain and the weather he went for a walk in?

A sunny Greek island doesn't strike me as being a particularly harsh set of conditions. Thousands of people go to such places every year without perishing. It's not as if he was trying to cross the Negev unassisted.

This is worth reading, for anyone who hasn't already made their mind up

Michael Mosley: How the presenter changed lives

It is not an exaggeration to say Dr Michael Mosley transformed people’s lives. For those who feared the growing waistline bulge over a straining belt was just an inevitable and depressing part of life, his cheerful, experimental approach to better health offered a solution that seemed to work for many. Tributes are now pouring in for the TV, radio presenter and author, who over two decades produced programmes and books that were watched, listened to and read by millions of people. And among them are many who have spoken about how he inspired them to change their lives.

I don't think people think about heat that much, especially if you're healthy and have water. Looks like he was carrying a brolly for protection from the sun too. I was just recently walking around Seville in 40C heat. Obviously, there are risks (a bit like taking drugs) but many folk don't think them that great.

Yet you can't make the link between that post and previous posts giving the fact that not all drugs work for all people and I'm supposedly the idiot. :facepalm:
we're talking about dubious diets promoted by non-medical 'experts', but you're banging on about the need for a variety of different meds for different people with the same medical complaints, which is not being disputed

I don’t know if any of you have ever had heatstroke but it can cause confusion and disorientation.

I have read his books. They’re meticulously researched and turned the whole diet industry on its head.

He wasn’t a charlatan, he was someone who was really passionate about using his medical knowledge to improve people’s health.

Back
Top Bottom