Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nicola Bulley Missing

And the dog?how did he know he was no longer welcome on this walk?

I mean if we're going to speculate, which we are, perhaps she just waited until it was off in some far corner. Again, none of this is likely, but it is probably going to be weird whichever way it pans out. Or we'll never find out of course.

Presumably the annoying "expert" who did the underwater body searching and has been smearing himself all over the media was fully aware of the backstory whilst stoking recent media frenzies.

If Nicola was in a psychotic state she could quite easily have been hiding in hedges / behind vehicles to avoid people as she made her way away from the scene.

WRT to the dog, chances are, he was off having a great time lolloping about the field while she was on the work call at the bench, came back to find her not there, lolloped around a bit more then was found a bit confused because his owner has disappeared.

Presumably the annoying "expert" who did the underwater body searching and has been smearing himself all over the media was fully aware of the backstory whilst stoking recent media frenzies.

If Nicola was in a psychotic state she could quite easily have been hiding in hedges / behind vehicles to avoid people as she made her way away from the scene.
i don't suppose many of the vehicles in or near the village that morning would have been stationary

WRT to the dog, chances are, he was off having a great time lolloping about the field while she was on the work call at the bench and came back to find her not there, lolloped around a bit more then was found a bit confused because his owner has disappeared.
Dogs are better than that you don't give them any credit for an astounding sense of smell .

And why leave the phone and harness and dog in one place and jump in somewhere else?would you worry about covering your tracks when at this extremity?

Why does it have to be track-covering? She's sitting on the bench with the phone and dog and harness nearby, and doesn't decide to take them all with her when she walks off to the jumping-in place.

As has been said upthread if she had intended to go to a beauty spot and top herself she is unlikely to have taken the dog out of the car .Do people often just have a completely normal day walking the dog emailing the boss and then unaccountably think fuck it I will tell the dog to stay and sprint off to jump in the river five hundred yards away ???

Dogs are better than that you don't give them any credit for an astounding sense of smell .

I know perfectly well they have an astounding sense of smell. The dog wasn't with her so it obviously didn't track her down with its astounding sense of smell.

As has been said upthread if she had intended to go to a beauty spot and top herself she is unlikely to have taken the dog out of the car .Do people often just have a completely normal day walking the dog emailing the boss and then unaccountably think fuck it I will tell the dog to stay and sprint off to jump in the river five hundred yards away ???

As has been said, she could have made the decision at any time. Maybe she thought about it every day she went there, but this time decided while in that field to go ahead with it. It would have been weird to leave the dog in the car every day just in case one time she decided not to came back.

As has been said, she could have made the decision at any time. Maybe she thought about it every day she went there, but this time decided while in that field to go ahead with it. It would have been weird to leave the dog in the car every day just in case one time she decided not to came back.
So she suddenly decides while in that field to go ahead with it and then runs off to another field more than quarter of a mile away.Dont know why some folk are desperate to conclude that she was in the river?

So she suddenly decides while in that field to go ahead with it and then runs off to another field more than quarter of a mile away.Dont know why some folk are desperate to conclude that she was in the river?

Because the alternatives are all also pretty unlikely. Also there's no 'running off' etc that has to happen, she was sat next to the gate. Sees Willow across the field, thinks 'fuck it' and just walks off. Perhaps the bridge just seemed more like the place people do these things (although cars).

Yes, if she saw the latter as the best place to do it, why wouldn't she walk there?

I think it's just speculating on the most likely thing to have happened.
If she had determined whilst at the bench on drowning herself I can't really see why one place is better than another

Given the amount of utterly random speculation we've had on this thread, I'm surprised no one has yet suggested the possibility that Nicola Bulley was a werewolf and that's why she can't be found.

Has anyone checked whether the date of her disappearance coincides with a full moon?

Given the amount of utterly random speculation we've had on this thread, I'm surprised no one has yet suggested the possibility that Nicola Bulley was a werewolf and that's why she can't be found.

Has anyone checked whether the date of her disappearance coincides with a full moon?
at 9.30 in the morning? You clearly didn't watch enough Buffy

I've already suggested fairies, hth.

This was, ostensibly, a normal day. Normal breakfast, normal drop off, normal walk, normal work call, normal dog. But she's disappeared so at least one unlikely thing has happened, quite possibly several unlikely things, because, well, here we all are.

However, unlikely things happen all the time. Strings of unlikely things happen all the time. They just don't have the eyes of the world on them, holding a microscope up to them, proclaiming how unlikely every scenario or combinations of scenarios are. Like coincidences, looked at individually they seem incredible, but it would actually be more unlikely that no coincidence, or strings of coincidences ever happened. Like the swiss cheese model of accident causation.

If she had determined whilst at the bench on drowning herself I can't really see why one place is better than another

Well, we are told that the water there is shallow, and the water after the weir is deep and fast flowing. As someone there very regularly, she would have known this. She might have walked past the weir for years thinking "I could go in here".

This was, ostensibly, a normal day. Normal breakfast, normal drop off, normal walk, normal work call, normal dog. But she's disappeared so at least one unlikely thing has happened, quite possibly several unlikely things, because, well, here we all are.

However, unlikely things happen all the time. Strings of unlikely things happen all the time. They just don't have the eyes of the world on them, holding a microscope up to them, proclaiming how unlikely every scenario or combinations of scenarios are. Like coincidences, looked at individually they seem incredible, but it would actually be more unlikely that no coincidence, or strings of coincidences ever happened. Like the swiss cheese model of accident causation.
well that's that cleared up.

Unlikely things happen all the time just not as often as likely things

Back
Top Bottom