Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nicola Bulley Missing

View attachment 361972
That is just outside of town towards the sea. A small river. Not white water or even fast flowing.

The police have capitulated.
It was fully in flood and almost over the banks when she went missing. it was absolutely turgid, I remarked on it when I saw the police interviewed on the tv. So I reckon she fell in and drowned, like many, many other folks do in the UK, every year. Two dead up here in W Yorks, that I know of, just this winter, one fell in the river and it took several weeks for the body to float up, miles from where he went in, the other was found in the canal. Rivers change so much when they flood, where the fella fell in, it's only knee deep, now, it wasn't a few weeks ago. She was wearing wellies which are a nightmare if you fall in (I never wear them). Drowning like this is so common, but not every drowning gets reported in the press, I've known of people drown in the River Lea when I moored up there, if I'd not been around at the time I would never have known about it, because it wasn't reported. If you're a boater long enough, they say for sure you will discover a body. Did you know they pull approx 50 bodies out of the Thames every year?

This isn’t a torrent of white water is it? I spent a disproportionate part of my early life mucking about in rivers. yes falling in is possible but you only need to standup in most cases.

Where’s the body? It cant go that far.

i bet is was the cops. They knew she had to leave her phone to avoid being tracked.

(i m high btw go easy)

Yeah, no idea why people drown in fast flowing water with debris in when all they need to do is stand up.

You crack smoking loon, you can probably barely stand up in your fetid lounge.

It WAS my last post on the "topic" as you call this.

Here's a post just for you though.

I've not been outside my front door for 3 years. I'll admit that I am online a fair bit. ..that I spend a lot of time on urban. I've grown to appreciate urban as a sort of extended family. I've always done what I could to help people here...I've little to no contact with anyone anymore bar visits to drs and hospitals and my life revolves around antidepressants and feelings of suicide and anxiety. I've spent the past 2 years taking care of my sister who had a stroke and both my elderly parents. They are the only reason I am still alive ...
It wouldnt take much to push me over the edge. If they were not around I would have done it already.

Your statement last night that I'm a "hardhearted woman" was shit and wrong and whether you care or not, it really hurt me.
That’s brutal and I imagine has been very tough, and fwiw I think some of the posts toward you were unfair.

Yeah, no idea why people drown in fast flowing water with debris in when all they need to do is stand up.

You crack smoking loon, you can probably barely stand up in your fetid lounge.

Yes, anyone who has taken drugs is a crack head living in filth. :facepalm:

Of the fifty bodies pulled out of the Thames each year how many do we suppose are those of folk who were there by unhappy accident

I once read a draft of a council's local transport plan, which included something like 'we will make an effort to reach our target of X number of road accident casualties in the county by year Z'

X was lower than the current number, but I did point out that this could perhaps be phrased better...
I'm sure I read somewhere once about there being an unacceptably high level of human bones in X product. Made me wonder what the acceptable level was.

Back
Top Bottom