Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're right its none of my business, but if you dont ask.....and I'm not forcing an answer.

As for the differences in roll out, actually I dont know all the reasons maybe an answer to my question would have informed me of one of them.
In the end I think asking someone who is being open enougth to say in a single post that they are getting a booster very early in the program and then shortly after going on a 10k race how they are in that position is fairly reasonable
Essentially you're asking someone to potentially share medical/work information. I'm not really sure how one person sharing their individual circumstances is going to help you understand the differences in the rollout.

FWIW differences are likely due to different demographics in different areas, different levels of vaccine availability in different areas, how the rollout of the first two jabs went, how on it different GPs/health authorities have been. That kind of thing.

Yes, I did for a second considering having both yesterday and cancelling my GP booked flu jab
You can choose?.
I have to say there is a massive variance in the sort of service from the NHS I regularly read about in here with what I and others in my area experience

Essentially you're asking someone to potentially share medical/work information. I'm not really sure how one person sharing their individual circumstances is going to help you understand the differences in the rollout.

FWIW differences are likely due to different demographics in different areas, different levels of vaccine availability in different areas, how the rollout of the first two jabs went, how on it different GPs/health authorities have been. That kind of thing.
Yes, and second dose timing very much impacts booster timing due to the '6 months later' goal for boosters. My mother in her early 70's is getting her booster on Thursday.

There is also much conflation between boosters for everyone over a certain age, and the 3rd doses for specific forms of clinical vulnerability where the first 2 doses arent expected to have resulted in optimal immune response.

Reactions: Sue
What's your point?, people post such information in here frequently.
People choosing to post their info is quite different to someone demanding to know their info, with the implication that they may have jumped the queue.

Maybe thats not what you intended but that's how it's coming across to me anyway.

You can choose?.
I have to say there is a massive variance in the sort of service from the NHS I regularly read about in here with what I and others in my area experience
The NHS isn’t making either vaccine mandatory but are strongly encouraging all their patient facing employees to get both. I always get my flu jab through GP rather than work, so this year it was just a case of getting the COVID booster and choosing to have a two week gap between them. However, theoretically if I wanted one and not the other they would have to accept that too.

BTW if people are concerned about having the flu & covid jabs at the same time, or too close together, a lot (most? all?) of pharmacies provide the flu jab, so you can get that sorted, before you're invited for the covid booster jab by your GP.

There's 4 within a mile of me, and 8 within 1.5 miles, you can find one via the handy link below, it's useful if you have your NHS number, but not required, and often without needing to book an appointment.

People choosing to post their info is quite different to someone demanding to know their info, with the implication that they may have jumped the queue.

Maybe thats not what you intended but that's how it's coming across to me anyway.
Stop being silly, nobody demanded anything

The NHS isn’t making either vaccine mandatory but are strongly encouraging all their patient facing employees to get both. I always get my flu jab through GP rather than work, so this year it was just a case of getting the COVID booster and choosing to have a two week gap between them. However, theoretically if I wanted one and not the other they would have to accept that too.
There is a definite difference in service between England and Wales, for example: we have never been able to book vaccinations on the website we have to wait to be called (in fact I ended up having to teach my surgery what the actual guidelines for the order of vaccination are to get my second jab, as they had missread them and were leaving out loads of people who were in group 6 )

I had mine earlier. It seems the Pfizer vaccine is now called Comirnaty. How confusing. Feeling a bit woozy. Very slick operation at Montgomery Hall, Oval. Masses of volunteers. Imagine if the NHS had to do this without them?

Had mine (Pfizer, same as the first two jags) on Saturday due to working in social care… felt much less rubbish than after the first two although still a little tired and lacklustre the following day.

Last edited:
SiL definitely has had her booster jag (maybe about 3 to 4 weeks ago, via the hospital where she works).

Which is just as well as the youngest in her three-generation household brought covid back from school last week and they are all isolating with varying levels of illness [& +ve test results].

Apart from her. She's still testing -ve on daily LFTs and waiting for the result of another PCR - taken on advice from GP (recent stroke plus other factors) & her workplace.

Was waiting for work to sort mine out and a friend told me I could just book it through the NHS website. Why did I not know that?! :facepalm: So did that, took a few minutes, and have it tomorrow at a local pharmacy.

Looked to see whether I could have one but website says not yet - I'm presuming they're only doing carers and front-line occupations at the moment.

Looked to see whether I could have one but website says not yet - I'm presuming they're only doing carers and front-line occupations at the moment.

Are you 6 months from your second jab?

I've got to wait about another 4 or 5 weeks for mine.

Yep 6 months 2 days ago, and more than a week from my flu jab. I'll swear the surgery said for me to just apply on line but I'll wait a week or so for them to contact me - I'm not planning on meeting anyone yet for a while anyway.

I'm apparently eligible because I live with an immunocompromised person. I've 'probably' had it, have had both jabs and am in good health. Is it important? I hadn't even thought about it before.

I'm apparently eligible because I live with an immunocompromised person. I've 'probably' had it, have had both jabs and am in good health. Is it important? I hadn't even thought about it before.

Im not sure if thats officially so but Ive learned that the criteria are quite flexible and often open to interpretation/favouritism/pushy cunts etc

Back
Top Bottom