Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anyone had their energy drained by the booster? I had mine last week and my ME/CFS is much worse and I don't know what the cause is.

I've been fine from mine. It's really hard to tell with fluctuating conditions though.

TBF to the "knowing people/being pushy" comment from an arsehole, it is true that you don't 100% always have to wait to be invited. Turn up with someone who needs a jab, vaguely fit the criteria, they're not running out, you're not too close to your last jab and you're not ill - they're unlikely to say no.

And that was before walk-in clinics.

A lot of my staff (young but jabbed early due to job) are having their boosters at the moment. Very little bad reactions across the board, barring feeling a bit tired for a day or two.

Some of them were very ill after the first and/or second jabs so this is pleasing news.

A lot of my staff (young but jabbed early due to job) are having their boosters at the moment. Very little bad reactions across the board, barring feeling a bit tired for a day or two.

Some of them were very ill after the first and/or second jabs so this is pleasing news.

This fits with my overall experience of the three shots too (other than being ā€œyoungā€ šŸ˜”)

I've been fine from mine. It's really hard to tell with fluctuating conditions though.

TBF to the "knowing people/being pushy" comment from an arsehole, it is true that you don't 100% always have to wait to be invited. Turn up with someone who needs a jab, vaguely fit the criteria, they're not running out, you're not too close to your last jab and you're not ill - they're unlikely to say no.

And that was before walk-in clinics.
Right so Iā€™m an arsehole for pointing out reality (and yes I do know of instances of such occurrences) up yours twinkle toes

Right so Iā€™m an arsehole for pointing out reality (and yes I do know of instances of such occurrences) up yours twinkle toes
Calm down, dear.
Please note, that the government is currently "nudging" those people qualifying for a booster to make sure they get one.
You don't know everybody's personal medical history.

Calm down, dear.
Please note, that the government is currently "nudging" those people qualifying for a booster to make sure they get one.
You don't know everybody's personal medical history.
I never said I did and cerainly didnt accuse anyone here, but im not burying my head in the sand when I see it happen in the real world, (hope that's ok with you sweetie)
I'm not sure why some seem to think calling out bad behaviour and poor practice is directed at them and immediately go into defensive mood maybe Im hitting a nerve

I never said I did and cerainly didnt accuse anyone here, but im not burying my head in the sand when I see it happen in the real world, (hope that's ok with you sweetie)
I'm not sure why some seem to think calling out bad behaviour and poor practice is directed at them and immediately go into defensive mood maybe Im hitting a nerve
Well before you said something along the lines of 'if they can run a 10km why are they getting this ahead of people I know who're old and infirm' and demanded to know why they were getting it so šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø.

Unless you have real knowledge of how the invitations process is prioritised, and can prove "malpractice", I suggest you butt out, please, this isn't the thread.
My reaction is based on having members of my family in vulnerable groups, plus being able to read & understand the basics of medical / scientific reasoning ...

I have no idea how it works in Wales, but the roll-out varies a lot locally in England, my two nearest NHS vaccination centres are around a 25 mile round trip. but the GP's in town run a number of hubs, and tend to be on the ball, in other areas not so much.

But, as the GP's have to start with more time consuming jabs in care homes & for those housebound, it tends to start off slowly, but soon catches up, last year I had a letter from the NHS, which I ignored, and a text from the GP just a few days later, it does cause confusion.

Confusingly, many of you have received letters from the National Booking Service for your Booster / 3rd dose. This may be a text, email or letter. If you try to book youā€™re offered e.g. Brighton i.e. not a local option. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE UP THIS OFFER FROM THE NATIONAL SERVICE. You will most definitely be invited by us for a local vaccination once you are eligible. Given the national letters/texts/emails have caused some confusion, weā€™ve sorted it out so that if you receive such a letter, you may instead call [special number for all GP's in Worthing] and book your booster / 3rd dose locally,

Itā€™s quite frustrating the confusion the national invites have caused, since these appear to have in some instances been sent out days/weeks before you are eligible, and therefore before you receive a local invite. Unfortunately we had no warning of this. Rest assured we will invite you locally, and now you can call the local number if you get the national invite letter but want to book locally.

Nagged my mum to ask when they were getting boosters and she managed to get a same day slot at the health centre today. I think it was 6 months last week they had the 2nd dose, but she's in the vulnerable category.

Really glad they've had the booster tbh!

what is the plan with this, at the moment its just over 50s and people at higher risk, will they move down the age groups for the 3rd jab like with the initial ones?

My area seems to be care and front line workers at the moment (unless there's something wrong with the notifications).

what is the plan with this, at the moment its just over 50s and people at higher risk, will they move down the age groups for the 3rd jab like with the initial ones?
In my area (rural Wales) they arent even doing the over 70s yet, they imply they are doing care workers and over 80s first, but I dont know any care workers or over 80s, which in itself is odd as there must be a shit load of them

So far they've done approx 4 million boosters [according to SJ today, 20th Oct].
I think the intention is to follow the main jabs priority groups down to the over 50s, plus clinically vulnerable.

I don't think there is any plan beyond that.
Yet.

I'm hesitating slightly, because if cases, hospitalisations & deaths are not brought back under control - even with the feeble "Plan B" being invoked, then I could foresee reasons to go further down the age groups.
This is assuming the [frankly murderous] current political system actually responds to the concerns expressed by the NHS & Scientists instead of ignoring them in favour of "living" with the virus & rebuilding the economy / saving crimble !
[yes, I'm cynical]

In my area (rural Wales) they arent even doing the over 70s yet, they imply they are doing care workers and over 80s first, but I dont know any care workers or over 80s, which in itself is odd as there must be a shit load of them

Earlier today I spoke to people from the south of Gwynedd.

Their local vaccination centre is currently calling mainly "over 85s" [and starting down to 70s] but the distance to travel is at least 20 miles [so, 1/2 hr on the bus in the car] and some of these are people in a care / nursing home and others don't drive, for obvious reasons. [a car pool is organised from one area].

Oh, and in the Porthmadog / Blaenau Ffestiniog area of Gwynedd, I know of maybe a couple of dozen "over 75s" and a similar number of care workers personally. If I actually sat down to work the former out, it is probably far more than that.
I know there are at least three or four companies contracted to the local authority, plus several others running private care establishments, not forgetting that Alltwen, the local hospital near Tremadog has several wards for elderly care.

These are not "Urban" areas !

These are not "Urban" areas

Did you not get the bit about me living in Rural Wales?

By the time they get through all that lot, we'll be well into winter.

The six month rule means that the earliest I (56years old, no health issues) will get it is the end of December, for instance.

yeah. i probably wont get mine until sometimes in Spring if at all then.
At least they are here, where my old parents live the government hasn't made up its mind yet whether to do booster jabs at all.

The reminder (and eligibility to book an appt without a reminder) is based on when you got your last covid vaccination. So my daughter is in the lowest risk group and only just got her second jab. I'm highest risk and got the second jab early, so got my booster on the same day (the actual timing of the day was due to there being a walk-in clinic - she'd missed a second jab and it was easier to take her to a walk-in clinic than book two separate appointments).

If, for some reason, I'd got my second jab very late, I'd have to wait too, because there'd be no point giving me another jab when I'd had one recently.

Reactions: Sue
Had an email yesterday inviting me to book a booster. It's booked for Sunday evening and Mrs Shoes is having hers at the same time.

She had been dithering about having her booster, wanting the UK to do more for countries that are well behind in vaccinations.

Had an email yesterday inviting me to book a booster. It's booked for Sunday evening and Mrs Shoes is having hers at the same time.

She had been dithering about having her booster, wanting the UK to do more for countries that are well behind in vaccinations.

Yeah, someone else on here refused their booster because other countries should be getting it. But it's already here. It's not going to be shipped to other countries if you don't take it, it'll be disposed of. There is no principled stand to take.

Yeah, someone else on here refused their booster because other countries should be getting it. But it's already here. It's not going to be shipped to other countries if you don't take it, it'll be disposed of. There is no principled stand to take.

If there was a mass movement of refusal on those grounds, the government might, just might, help other countries. But anything they did is likely to just be a token gesture

Complete booster meltdown in East Kent; looks like the GPs can't get hold of any jabs for the housebound and they've obviously not teed up enough pharmacies to cope with all the oldies on the Costa Geriatrica.

Amongst the "offers" for my my MiL in Whitstable was this pharmacy in Southend Civic Centre!

I know it's down to their shite 'crow flies' algorithms, but even so...what a fuck up. Still trying to book her a booster that's long overdue, (she was one of the first oldies to have her second Pfizer in 1st week of Jan).

Maybe I need to get her down to the harbour?

1634811377153.png

Back
Top Bottom