• Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • only having the Flu one

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • not having either

Votes: 12 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Turned up a few minutes early to the vax centre in our local market town.
Masked up and did the "paperwork" [about 95% were masked].
Got jagged with the Pfizer bivalent booster.
Only the second jag [of five] that I didn't really feel] from an ex-theatre sister.
Told to wait for 15 mins if driving, otherwise just take it steady [I went off and walked over to a local cafe, to get a coffee and a belated breakfast].

Tonight, the only side effect so far has been a slightly sore spot on my arm.

Ok, this Is weird. Yesterday I showed up to get my booster jab. Was told I was being given “the new Pfizer which also protects against omicron and new variants”, all good so far.

Today I check my medical notes via the online system we have over here in Sweden and the entry for yesterday says I’ve been given “VaxigripTetra” influenza vaccine! :confused: So now I don’t know if the nurse simply clicked the wrong button on the system and I was actually given the covid shot (most likely) or if something more weird has happened and she’s given me the flu jab instead of the covid one.

I guess since the system thinks I haven’t had my covid booster I would be free to make a new booking in a couple of weeks and get another covid shot, but would it be dangerous to get two covid vaccine jabs close together, if she did actually give me the correct pfizer one yesterday?

My partner and daughter both had covid last week. We were fairly sensible (I slept in spare bed for a few nights etc) but we'd been sharing a hotel room when my partner first started to feel poorly, I didn't mask, and we were often in the same room - I didn't get covid. I had the booster in September, but neither of them had had it. Definitely worth getting it if and when you can.

Haven't had the usual very painful arm this time, apart from it hurting straight after the injection and then waking up at 2am and noticing it was sore, then it was all gone by the morning BUT I have a new side effect which is pain in my armpit, only one, the one where the injection went in. It feels tight and swollen under one arm and it's possibly, hopefully "Swollen lymph nodes are a side effect of the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines that arise as a result of the messenger RNA (mRNA) technology they use."

This ache is mostly definitely there today - it came on around 24 hours after the injection.

Last edited:
Turned up a few minutes early to the vax centre in our local market town.
Masked up and did the "paperwork" [about 95% were masked].
Got jagged with the Pfizer bivalent booster.
Only the second jag [of five] that I didn't really feel] from an ex-theatre sister.
Told to wait for 15 mins if driving, otherwise just take it steady [I went off and walked over to a local cafe, to get a coffee and a belated breakfast].

Tonight, the only side effect so far has been a slightly sore spot on my arm.
Feeling somewhat "wiped out" today, as I didn't sleep too well.
Primarily because the injection site became very sore and tender to pressure. That symptom, hopefully, is wearing off.

Will have a short nap later, to recover, and will probably take a painkiller as I have a bit of headache to contend with.
Much preferable to getting covid ...

Ok, this Is weird. Yesterday I showed up to get my booster jab. Was told I was being given “the new Pfizer which also protects against omicron and new variants”, all good so far.

Today I check my medical notes via the online system we have over here in Sweden and the entry for yesterday says I’ve been given “VaxigripTetra” influenza vaccine! :confused: So now I don’t know if the nurse simply clicked the wrong button on the system and I was actually given the covid shot (most likely) or if something more weird has happened and she’s given me the flu jab instead of the covid one.

I guess since the system thinks I haven’t had my covid booster I would be free to make a new booking in a couple of weeks and get another covid shot, but would it be dangerous to get two covid vaccine jabs close together, if she did actually give me the correct pfizer one yesterday?
You should look into it for sure.

Had mine this week. First time I haven't noticed any side effects, not even achey arm. The nurse was very good, the jab itself was super-quick and she was very patient when I needed her to repeat herself.

Has anyone noticed that the achey arms happen more when the vaccine is cold? This was explained to Button when he went to a pharmacy last year for his flu jab. The pharmacist spent a bit of time warming up the vaccine and it didn't give him any trouble at all. I've just realised that my walk-in flu jab this year was proper achey and I'm wondering if the walk-in part meant that the vaccine was taken straight from the fridge (or whatever). Anyone know anything about this?

Are folk here getting their boosters if they’ve had covid in the last couple of months?
I had Covid back in June (for one fucking day) and have also had the initial two jabs plus one booster and I am getting a booster 2. But I hope this will be the last one I have to take because although I do believe in evidence-based safe vaccines I am also a believer in natural immunity.

finally got mine, Pfbi and flu in other arm. Still unable to get Dad's organised

Last edited:
I had the Moderna and flu shots yesterday.

Feeling a bit iffy today but very nonspecific - the cold/shivery feeling after previous shots is not as apparent, although I'm deliberately just holding-in and keeping warm today.

Although initially more painful, the injection site pain for the flu shot has faded quickly but the Moderna site is still noticeably uncomfortable.

Everything fine at the vaccination centre - In processed and out again within twenty minutes and this time I was only told to sit for five minutes after the shots.

Is this 4th dose Pfizer different from the first 3? I had no trouble with them but this 4th one has me feeling like shit today. I finally had it yesterday after trying for weeks to get an appointment.

Is this 4th dose Pfizer different from the first 3? I had no trouble with them but this 4th one has me feeling like shit today. I finally had it yesterday after trying for weeks to get an appointment.

Yes, i's a bivalent vaccine giving protection against both the original virus strain and the omicron variant.

Hmm, this was the first jab I've had that had no side effects at all (apart from sore arm)...

Hmm, this was the first jab I've had that had no side effects at all (apart from sore arm)...

It's weird isn't it? My first Pfizer I thought I had some mild side effects but looking back I think it was entirely in my head due to being a little anxious - the next two I had none at all.

Got a flu jab at work last week and I had no pain, no side effects, nothing at all. Others at work have been floored by it.

Cheers that might well prove to be why I've reacted this time. I feel like I've been beaten up!

I had no reaction whatsoever to 2xAZ and 1x Pfizer, but this latest Pfizer gave me a sore arm, made me very tired, and cold, but not shivering like some have reported. I had mine at 8.30 and the reaction started about 2 hours later, fine the next morning apart from a very slightly sore arm, which disappeared the next day.

This time, while;st the pain at the flu-shot site had; l;argepl;y faded; within 24hrs, the pain at the C?opvid;-shopt site is still;l; slightly;y noptic/abl;ep a week-on. All other ill-effects are long-gone.

I think my kepybopar;d has just d;iepd; maybe its va/cc/inep-repl;atepd;C? :D

Back
Top Bottom