Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - other vaccine [please specify]

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Yes - still waiting to make / attend appointment / go to walk-up centre

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • Comedy option

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
My initial perception is there are fewer centres now - I have to walk half a mile rather than 1/5 and it's a broad time slot.
EDIT : - In the event I was able to book a slot.

Last edited:
My initial perception is there are fewer centres now - I have to walk half a mile rather than 1/5 and it's a broad time slot.
EDIT : - In the event I was able to book a slot.
This is definitely true if nothing else most (all?) the big mass sites have closed. My list this time was 99% pharmacies

I’ve booked mine (flu and Rona) through work for week after next. I could have it next week but I have two social things I don’t want to feel shit for. Hopefully this is not a decision I regret.

Got to my doctors surgery about 15 minutes early. Was in and out, double stuck (one in each am) and out again before my official time slot

The very slightest of aches in my left arm, but whether that is the flu arm or Covid arm is a mystery to me. And so far I feel right as rain, but I am a morning person

I got the jab yesterday (as usual it's a mystery to me why I qualify some times and not others). I don't know what make it was, should I vote "other vaccine"?
The patient information leaflet [or the nhs app] should tell you.
In the meantime "other vaccine" is appropriate ...
Thank You

My arm is completely fine today after the flu jab yesterday afternoon - only very slight tenderness if I press on it. It's weird how it varies from year to year - unless I'm tempting fate and it'll be painful tomorrow.

The patient information leaflet [or the nhs app] should tell you.
In the meantime "other vaccine" is appropriate ...
Thank You
I didn't get any paperwork but you're right, it is in the app and was Pfizer + flu. 24h later no arm pain or anything at all.

Just recently, in the absence of a promise of a booster I had been visiting Screwfix unmasked - resigned to getting exposed to a moderate dose of something after over 3 years, but today I got a fair way down the street and turned back for a mask as I imagined how I would feel if I managed to catch it only days before getting protected.
As it happens the well-ventilated shop was quite busy ...

mum-tat (SE London and 80+) got both flu and covid jabs done at a lewisham pharmacy a week or so back.

is there any news on whether they are going to change their mind and do covid jabs for 50+ this year, or whether they will be available if you pay for them? i don't really qualify as 'carer' for mum-tat but visit fairly regularly, so would be more comfortable if i could get one.

i've also not found a source of flu jabs locally yet - pharmacy nearest to me closed a year or so back, next nearest says as far as they know they aren't doing flu jabs this year, and nothing on GP practice website yet.

mum-tat (SE London and 80+) got both flu and covid jabs done at a lewisham pharmacy a week or so back.

is there any news on whether they are going to change their mind and do covid jabs for 50+ this year, or whether they will be available if you pay for them? i don't really qualify as 'carer' for mum-tat but visit fairly regularly, so would be more comfortable if i could get one.

i've also not found a source of flu jabs locally yet - pharmacy nearest to me closed a year or so back, next nearest says as far as they know they aren't doing flu jabs this year, and nothing on GP practice website yet.
have a look at the nhs list of places, you can search by postcode.
I'm in a rural area and my GP practice pride themselves on the uptake % for flu jag, so they are somewhat proactive [even before covid] ...

My local pharmacist said being over 50 doesn't qualify people for a free flu jab this year. It did even before covid so why they've decided this year it doesn't I can't fathom. Except of course because they're fucking tories.
Here in Wales the NHS is devolved and Labour run the show. They say fuck the over 50's as well.

Got an invite to get the COVID booster last night and booked for next week. I'm hoping I don't feel awful like the other times I've had it.

Had flu jab a couple of weeks ago and was all fine.

I got there very early but got done straight away.
There wasn't a queue and I was the only mask wearer there - including the staff...
Sadly no bonus flu.
So perhaps fortunate that I last got my blood sugar tested in 2021 so doubtless they have to assume I put all the weight back on since then or whatever ..
Shame about the flu - I suppose I ought to go and pay for one since I'm taking this seriously ..
BIL got a free flu jab - maybe I'll see if I can get that for free somewhere.

Last edited:
I can get a free flu jab but the nearest listed pharmacy is miles away.
So I walked to the local Lloyds, scanned the QR code on the sign on the door and it said to speak directly to a member of staff so I will probably do that.
It actually suggested I might actually get a free one there...

I got both the flu and COVID jabs at the GP's the other week , and they offered an anti Pneumonia jab as well. So I had it this am - which gives me the perfect excuse to have a lazy afternoon at home.

Just had free flu jab in the other (mousing - they insisted) arm up the pharmacy - so we'll see how it goes.
It all went smoothly as someone ahead of me changed her mind at the last minute so the vial was going spare and I had my NHS number ready.
So I am technically "controlling my diabetes by diet".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom