Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will you be getting a private covid vaccination?

If I were offered a £100 to take it I may consider but would probably forgo. The only three I have had made me sick as a dog and I don't bother with flu ones either for the same reason.

Just not into the whole vaccines thing, then?
I won't go into detail here as there are so many who still scream 'anti-vaxxer' at anybody who chose not to take any, but picking my mother up off the floor with a bleed to her brain a week after her first AZ didn't help. A 'coincidence' I'm sure. :)

Last edited:
I doubt it was a coincidence. To be fair, the AZ vaccine has now been entirely withdrawn from the market because of side effects. It is true that vaccines were rolled out more quickly than usual in the pandemic and that one turned out to be not so great. But there was little choice at the time and they saved a lot of lives. I do think the other vaccines have now been so extensively tested by large uptake that there's less to worry about.

I wouldn't bother.
Edited as I don't know who you are, don't want to sound confrontational and looking through your posting history you don"t sound a bad person. Just wonder what the 'I wouldn't bother' is about.

Last edited:
Last time I thought about this it wasn't even possible to get it privately. I already get flu vaccine privately but it's a lot more affordable than Covid booster.

But yes, I will seriously consider getting it privately.

Edit: I've had covid 3x and I've had the vaccine 3x too.

Last edited:
Edited as I don't know who you are, don't want to sound confrontational and looking through your posting history you don"t sound a bad person. Just wonder what the 'I wouldn't bother' is about.
as far as I remember when you first came out as not willing to vaccinate you did not include the story of why, as such you were seen as an "anti vaxxer mob member" by most (including me) and this leaves traces in peoples memory.

as far as I remember when you first came out as not willing to vaccinate you did not include the story of why, as such you were seen as an "anti vaxxer mob member" by most (including me) and this leaves traces in peoples memory.
I spoke of it at the time, together with other instances of injuries. I was called a liar by people like LDC (where's he gone now?) I decided it wasn't worth the aggro so avoided any vaccine threads after that.

'Anti-vaxxer mob member"? What like hanging around vaccine centres shouting at people? Oh behave! Enough people on here knew me in real life to know that's nowhere near reality.

It's harder than expected to get the Novavax. Turns out they come in packs of five, so pharmacists only like to do it if they have five people coming in. Most people are opting for Pfizer, I guess out of familiarity.

I had the 3 normal standard ones but last June I started a Moderna trial of their updated booster. Either the standard updated one or the new unreleased one in a lower dose.

I then got Covid again in November at a big Palestine march :D And I'd had it in January last year too! So no I won't get any more boosters for now. Maybe in a year or three.

I don't know where you get this seen by most from, I've never thought that of Griff

I doubt it was a coincidence. To be fair, the AZ vaccine has now been entirely withdrawn from the market because of side effects. It is true that vaccines were rolled out more quickly than usual in the pandemic and that one turned out to be not so great. But there was little choice at the time and they saved a lot of lives. I do think the other vaccines have now been so extensively tested by large uptake that there's less to worry about.
It’s not been withdrawn because of side effects surely?

I don't know where you get this seen by most from, I've never thought that of Griff
I'm sure Griff is great, but they were very condescending to people who wanted to get vaccinated during covid and also towards people who still wanted to wear masks. This thread was started by someone with long covid and so they have a vested interest in not getting covid again and Griff had to come in and once again make the point that they never got vaccinated. It's totally uncessary especially considering their previous posts. We get it you didn't think Covid was a big deal well done.

So my first impressions weren't very good and that's why I said it wasn't worth talking to them about it. I didn't think they were running around antivax protests though.

I don't think I was condescending at all, in fact considering all the abuse aimed at the unvaccinated at that time (dark days of 2021) across the media ( and here) I felt any of my responses were quite reserved.
Being called a liar about adverse reactions I'd seen first-hand, having death wished on me for not being vaccinated, and 'my mates being the ones on anti-vax protests' didn't help in my fucking anger.

As far as making the point about not being vaccinated, I just answered the question to the thread and would have been happy to leave it there, just one sentence. The fact I was questioned about it brought me back to the thread.

Anyway, I'll leave this thread. As before, it's not worth the aggro of arguments or grief on the internet.

Also people can become immune to the vector virus which is the basis of the AZ ...
The Russian version used a human adenovirus rather than a chimp one so was reputed to be less effective on a population basis for that reason..I don't recall if that applied to the J and J....

I got an autumn booster and a free flu jab under false pretences ( my silly "diabetes" status...
I recently got whacked by what I assume to be flu rather than COVID in spite of that and masking in the supermarket ...the first viral infection since 2019 so far as I know - having retired in 2020...
If they stop giving me free boosters I may have to consider evposing myself to natural infection...

That's certainly part of it, or one side effect in particular: AstraZeneca withdraws Covid vaccine after admitting it can cause rare blood clots

It also wasn't an updated vaccine, but I suspect they might have chosen not to update it. I think the side effects in general were higher than other covid vaccines and they knew that.

Interesting how things have moved on... my 85 year old aunt refused.... caught it once... is fine. She has been organic since 1956 and lives on a hill in Gloucestershire... Will probably live for another ten years.

The
The vaccine adverse events are minute in comparison to Covid adverse events.

I will continue to be vaccinated.

What does this mean ? and its relevance ?
She is a carbon-based lifeform ?
Probably an estimate as to her food consumption. I'm not not an expert on the subject fortunately. On the wider meaning I agree we have all been organic since birth.

Probably an estimate as to her food consumption. I'm not not an expert on the subject fortunately. On the wider meaning I agree we have all been organic since birth.
You must have had a reason to employ the term.
Are you conflating it with "vegan" perhaps ?

Back
Top Bottom