Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - other vaccine [please specify]

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Yes - still waiting to make / attend appointment / go to walk-up centre

Votes: 15 13.2%
  • Comedy option

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
If you registered on nhs app, it normally shows it on there (after a few days). I don't qualify this time round but i think some of my previous vaccines they didn't give me a leaflet but i can see them on the app.
Yes I do and it does but you are also right about the few days! Mind you it was at a fairly large set up with four jabbing stations and there were three peeps on laptops so I will check and report back. :thumbs:

ETA It is on there & it was the Omricon BA 4.5 so presume this is the Pfizser one?

Last edited:
I'm booked in for the flu jab next weekend. My GP surgery is very precise in their timings and the booking is for 3.22 pm.

If previous years are anything to go by I'll by out by 3.24.

No word on whether there's covid jabs on offer too. If so, I may be out as late as 3.26 which will put me behind schedule for the rest of the afternoon.

I'm booked in for the flu jab next weekend. My GP surgery is very precise in their timings and the booking is for 3.22 pm.

If previous years are anything to go by I'll by out by 3.24.

No word on whether there's covid jabs on offer too. If so, I may be out as late as 3.26 which will put me behind schedule for the rest of the afternoon.
They didn't tell me about the covid jab till Monday just gone. Text saying Covid jab available to have at flu jab appointment.

Only "fallout" from my jag on Wednesday has been a sore arm, at and around the injection site, especially to unexpected pressure / touch.
I'm not sleeping too well anyway, so no idea if that aspect has been affected. Although I did quite well last night compared to Wed night..

Sasaferrato - pick your brains ?
Would the muscle being tense make an injection hurt more, or less ?
Especially as I'm quite skinny, I suppose the bone isn't as deep ...

e2a - I got the PI sheet, it's tucked in with all the covid vax info - I was on a trial for the omicron tweak last year.
Tensed muscles do make injections more painful.

In my case ...

2 off Oxford, I Pfizer, I Moderna, I Pfizer and now another Pfizer ... [the Moderna was a trial for the omicron tweak].

Back in the land of the living now but it's been an odd couple of days after Thursday's jab.

Slept and slept and slept and the slight delirium was certainly a new one. Anyhow, still a little sluggish so I'll take it easy again today but that should be it, I'd hope.

I can get a flu jab through work but I'll give it a bit.

Back in the land of the living now but it's been an odd couple of days after Thursday's jab.

Slept and slept and slept and the slight delirium was certainly a new one. Anyhow, still a little sluggish so I'll take it easy again today but that should be it, I'd hope.

I can get a flu jab through work but I'll give it a bit.
Yeah I had about 24 hours where I just felt knackered.

I had my Pfizer jab Friday; I have convinced the Storm Vixen to try and get one. She wasn't called last year, but she has asthma, which is pretty well controlled, but when she got Covid she tested positive for 13 days and visited the hospital; so looking at the Green Book I think she is entitled to one.
(Asthmatic with one hospital visit in the last year.)
She worried about breaking the rules and taking it from someone who deserves it more. She has an appointment at the end of the day, so firstly I think she qualifies anyway, but even if not, then hopefully the pharmacy has vaccines that are going to be wasted and are willing to stick anyone.

My parents who are both 79 haven't heard from their GP surgery, so they will contact them, and if the surgery doesn't give them a date I'll help book their appointments.

I had my Pfizer jab Friday; I have convinced the Storm Vixen to try and get one. She wasn't called last year, but she has asthma, which is pretty well controlled, but when she got Covid she tested positive for 13 days and visited the hospital; so looking at the Green Book I think she is entitled to one.
(Asthmatic with one hospital visit in the last year.)
She worried about breaking the rules and taking it from someone who deserves it more. She has an appointment at the end of the day, so firstly I think she qualifies anyway, but even if not, then hopefully the pharmacy has vaccines that are going to be wasted and are willing to stick anyone.

My parents who are both 79 haven't heard from their GP surgery, so they will contact them, and if the surgery doesn't give them a date I'll help book their appointments.
If an asthmatic doesn't deserve it, who does. When I started nursing in 1971, about 2000 people a year died from an asthma attack. Today, 52 years and a lot of medical advances later, the figure is still circa 1,500.

Had my flu jag this afternoon [25th Sept] in the same arm
as was subjected to the covid perforation ...
tetra-valent version but I can't recall the versions now.

e2a - Having had an investigate, I think the strains included ; Darwin, Victoria and Phuket

Last edited:
Got my flu jab a few hours ago. Oh achy arm, how I've missed ye.
ditto - took about three hours to start aching, worse when I try and lift anything, which is annoying as I've some stuff to put away in the "top cupboards".
Hope it sorts quicker than the covid jab, that took the best part of five days to resolve - slower start, I actually thought I might get away without too much ache, bit it wasn't to be.

If an asthmatic doesn't deserve it, who does. When I started nursing in 1971, about 2000 people a year died from an asthma attack. Today, 52 years and a lot of medical advances later, the figure is still circa 1,500.
She got a Covid and flu jab at the same time. :)

Bloody hell. 5 days since my Covid booster and I still feel rough. Docs are wanting me to get the flu jab too. That'll have to wait a bit ...

I didn't get any side effects from any of my jabs apart from injection site being a bit achy for a day or two. But this one has caused a raised itchy blister about 10mm across. it was oozing liquid for the first couple of days, probably because I kept scratching it. I changed the lint dressing for an elastoplast yesterday.

Finally feel 100% after my Covid jab.

6 days of varying degrees of shittiness. Worst one yet of the 5 (iirc) that I've had. Got to admit, there was a bit a few days back when I was wondering if I'd have another this time next year but I will, if only to get more immunity out there.

Flu jab booked for mid October.

Can you not do the walk in anywhere thing with the flu jab anymore? I cancelled my flu jab as it’s a PITA trying to stick to appointments.

Back
Top Bottom