• Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • only having the Flu one

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • not having either

Votes: 12 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are they doing people in the 50+ but not clinically vulnerable or anything like that yet? (in england that is, if that makes any difference)

Last year, the message was wait until you're contacted, but I've not had anything yet this year.

Are they doing people in the 50+ but not clinically vulnerable or anything like that yet? (in england that is, if that makes any difference)

Last year, the message was wait until you're contacted, but I've not had anything yet this year.

Yes, I am 58, but I only got contacted this week.

Got a text from the NHS on Monday asking me to book, but their nearest appointments involve round trips of between 25 & 30 miles to Brighton or Chichester, or a round trip of well over 50 miles for a walk-in site. :facepalm:

Just had a text from my GP, a short walk down the road, and booked for 8.40am on Sat. 5th Nov. for covid & flu jabs. :thumbs:

The booking service for those in the 50+ group opened about 2 weeks ago.

oh bugger and thanks (if you see what i mean)

i will sort that out - fairly sure in past years the message has been wait to be contacted.

haven't had flu jab yet either (although have had something flu-like for the last couple of weeks which i'm just about over now, so didn't want to do anything about it while i still had that)

I knew that, but despite Worthing being the largest town in West Sussex (population 110k+) the NHS doesn't bother to offer us any local options on there, so it's always a question of waiting to hear from my GP surgery.

I'm in this group and had mine in September. I have a feeling they were offering them early as Lewisham has a low-ish vaccine take-up. Other areas will differ obviously.

thanks.

went on the NHS website, and booked for friday afternoon - after previous experience, i want to have the weekend available for feeling crappy rather than have to struggle through work / go sick.

need to sort flu jab out as well - if some people are having both at once, presume i can have it round the same time if i can organise that? (my GP has only a very few flu jab appointments at weird times, none of the chemists round here can do online bookings)

or does it depend what combination of flu and covid vaccine/s you get?

As far as i know you can have the flu vaccine at the same time as any covid one. But if you're booked at a non-GP site for the covid one you mighg not be able to get the flu one at the same time.

As far as i know you can have the flu vaccine at the same time as any covid one. But if you're booked at a non-GP site for the covid one you mighg not be able to get the flu one at the same time.

flu jab now booked (boots do online bookings) for a couple of hours before the covid one at the other end of reading town centre.

i reserve the right to sleep most of next weekend (i mean more so than usual)

I booked my covid online at a pharmacy. No mention of flu on the website but i just asked them at the pharmacy when i was there and they did the flu as well.

Just done, plus flu.

I had Cominarty Bivalent.

Should I be worried?
Just following up on this.
I felt a little bit light headed for about 10 mins half an hour ish after my jab. Didn’t think anything of it.

Mrs mx and her mother had their jabs this morning. My M-I-L has fallen asleep after nearly falling out of her chair and mrs mx reports her head going round and round.

Bit worrying.

Had mine booked for Wednesday at the hospital clinic which is 5 minutes walk from my house. They sent me a text on Wednesday to say it was cancelled. What I didn't like was the tone of the text, it implied I can cancelled and no 'sorry'. Tried to book again and nothing for a week, so searched the various centres and got one for yesterday, but 25 minutes drive away. On the upside, I think I was only in there for less than a minute. Gave my name, was ushered straight in, gave my name again, jab, straight out again.

Feeling OK today but will take it easy as painting walls the day after didn't end well last time.

Had mine half an hour ago, the new Pfizer one in the left arm, flu in the right arm.

GP surgery had six jabbers on duty since 8am, change of shift at 1pm, with the new team working until 6pm, same hours on Sunday too, very well organised as usual.

Through the night she was like a radiator. I could feel the heat coming off her. She aches everywhere.

I just feel like Geoff Woad punched me in the arm and my energy levels are low. Bit woozy.

Had it on Friday , along with the flu jab . Only side effect , good night's sleep.

I never had even a sore arm for the first three covid jabs - 2 AZ + 1 Pfizer.

Had the new Pfizer one & flu jab yesterday at 8.30am, slept a couple of hours extra last night, if I touch the spot where I had the Pfizer jab it's slightly sore, but not otherwise noticeable, I feel very lucky.

Back
Top Bottom