• Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • only having the Flu one

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • not having either

Votes: 12 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel a bit ashamed as I’m neither CEV nor over 50, yet I got the booster and flu jab without even having to ask. I think it may because I am still on their records as a carer, despite my dad being in rude health and my mum having been dead for five years. Only a bit ashamed as I live with my dad, who is 80 and has prostate cancer and have a job which involves a lot of F2F contact with elderly and other vulnerable people

I feel a bit ashamed as I’m neither CEV nor over 50, yet I got the booster and flu jab without even having to ask. I think it may because I am still on their records as a carer, despite my dad being in rude health and my mum having been dead for five years. Only a bit ashamed as I live with my dad, who is 80 and has prostate cancer and have a job which involves a lot of F2F contact with elderly and other vulnerable people
I've felt a bit like that since the first vaccination - but who's to say how I would cope with covid - I was floored by the flu in 2019

Therefore you have no reason to be ashamed .

Ta, I just feel a bit like an imposter cos I’m not actually supposed to be on the list. They just didn’t take me off the list when my mum died

Would think you are covered by this if your Dad is having chemo for his cancer:
  • additional primary doses for anyone aged 5 years old and over who has (or lives with someone who has) a severely weakened immune system

I had my flu jab at the local chemist on 22 September and had my covid booster at a different local chemist with a vaccination centre yesterday. No queue. I've been OK with side effects, not much reaction. The flu jab was worse tbh. Pfizer biovalent.

My vaccine record on the NHS app is really basic.

There was a post yesterday on NextDoor saying people could get their booster, and the anti-vaxxers came out in force :rolleyes: . I went in again today and their posts have all been deleted :) Shame in a way though because there were several false statements that could have done with being countered - now people will have read them and may have believed them. Anyway I gave effusive thanks to NHS people for all their work and remarked that I'd had no issues with any of the vaccinations.

Mrs Q has had hers at 8am this morning on her way to school, she didn't want to drive just 'in case' so I took her and waited and then took her to work. Which means I'll hav to go get her as well so another plus of me working from home.
How the fuck there isn't one or two kids a week killed in the car park is a mystery to me, every fucking one seemed to be walking around like zombies trying to get their last fix of their phones before they have to turn them off.

EDIT: I forgot to mention she had Pfizer but they told her it has been updated to fend off the dreaded Omicron and they also told her they don't use AZ anymore.

Just had flu and covid jabs in different arms. It was Moderna, haven't had that one before. Only intended to get covid jab, but pharmacist offered flu too, so rude to refuse.
No stickers, leaflets or little vaccine cards this time. In and out of walk in pharmacy in 10 mins, no booking or waiting. I also didn't have to fill in consent form, maybe I didn't last time either, can't remember. All they needed was my NHS number.

I had the Covid booster last Friday and flu jab a fortnight earlier, same arm. Covid was the Pfizer Comirnaty Bivalent:

“In each dose of the booster vaccine, ‘Comirnaty bivalent Original/Omicron’, half of the vaccine (15 micrograms) targets the original virus strain and the other half (15 micrograms) targets Omicron (BA.1).”

If I’d had a morning appointment it would have been Moderna Spikevax, but they’d run out and the lunchtime delivery was Pfizer. My first two jabs were AZ and first booster was Pfizer. I didn’t feel the injection and had no side effects other than sleeping soundly until 11.30 Saturday morning. Haven’t had Covid and now I’ve retired, hopefully I’ll have fewer opportunities to catch it.

Moderna in sword arm, plus bonus flu in the other one - choices based on last year's experiences - so I won't be able to give a fully scientific appraisal...

A whole different kettle of fish.
Very few of us masked.
But at least I don't now have to get my flu jab at the local pharmacy..

Full bingo card - I asked if I could have polio and smallpox while I was there :D

Last edited:
Moderna in sword arm, plus bonus flu in the other one - choices based on last year's experiences - so I won't be able to give a scientific appraisal...

A whole different kettle of fish.
Very few masks.
But at least I don't now have to get my flu jab at the local pharmacy..

Full bingo card - I asked if I could have polio and smallpox while I was there :D

Any monkeypox vax on offer?

Actually, I learned only the other day that the smallpox (monkey pox) jab was always a bit rough (subcutaneous) and is sometimes deliberately given without sterilising the site to encourage bacterial infection ...
Given my lifestyle, I think I would give it a miss...

Had my flu jab on Monday, just a bit of a sore arm. The fella had his Covid booster same day, and had Covid-like symptoms that night and all yesterday. He's feeling a bit better now but it did take him down. He's my benchmark, so when it's my turn, I'm just gonna have all the painkillers before it even starts to kick in. Was horrendously ill with the first jab and really unwell with Covid earlier this year. Fuck that.

I think it's the Astrazenica one.
To be honest I had mine at 12 today, but it didn't hurt and there's no mark on my arm, so other than my right arm feeling markedly warmer than my left, I'd question if he'd even done it.

(As an aside, it was given at the local Sea Cadets, and never been in one before - do they all have mock ups of 19th century bridges in them or is the one in Weston-super-Mare particularly awesome?)

25 hours and I'm feeling a bit heavy - a bit like a cold - a bit warm, achy stiff neck ...
I'll neck a couple of paracetamols

EDIT - going to see if I can enjoy my daily walk and sprawl in the park as it will rain tomorrow

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom