Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't done the app yet - a lot of reviews in playstore seemed to be from people very frustrated with the aforementioned identity checks, and I didn't quite have the patience for it at the time.

Applied for a paper copy instead which landed on my doorstep a couple of days ago.

Might try and get the app as well though for piece of mind for my upcoming trip. (😱)

The NHS App is just called 'NHS App' - it should have pretty identifiable branding and link to your GP health record and link to the Covid Pass etc
Oh, my surgery must use something different (Patient Access) as this gives me access to my GP health record etc.. I haven't been able to find a link to a Covid Passport in it but I haven't looked too hard.

I haven't done the app yet - a lot of reviews in playstore seemed to be from people very frustrated with the aforementioned identity checks, and I didn't quite have the patience for it at the time.

Applied for a paper copy instead which landed on my doorstep a couple of days ago.

Might try and get the app as well though for piece of mind for my upcoming trip. (😱)
Remember that the paper/PDF copies have a limited validity - I can't remember how limited, but it's definitely measurable in weeks, not months...

How long digital versions are valid for​

If you've had:

• the Moderna, AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Janssen vaccine – your pass lasts for 30 days, but the 30 day period refreshes every time you log in
  • a negative PCR test or rapid lateral flow test – your pass is valid for 48 hours after a negative result
  • a positive PCR test – your pass lasts 30 days, but the 30 day period refreshes every time you log in (for up to 180 days after you took the test)
Ah. I may be wrong about the paper copy. But it's strange...
It is also known as a COVID-19 post vaccination letter. The paper version does not have an expiry date.

Something to watch out for if you're thinking of getting the Covid passport thing...

I applied for mine, and went through the whole registration process (scan of driving licence, stare into webcam interminably, etc). When I got the chance, I downloaded a PDF copy (they recommend you use the app, as it is dynamically updated), and straight away noticed a rather glaring error.
I applied for one, took a photo and sent it to them, now they say Im not who I am in the photo and to send them my passport .

Just had my 2nd Pfizer vaccine today, no side effects so far and didn't have any from the 1st either.

It was really busy at the place I went, huge queue outside.

We got ours yesterday. By fluke we had chosen what is apparently the deadest part of the day, 3pm on a weekday when it's sunny out, so there was no queue at all.

Pretty weird to think of people not bothering to show up for a jab just because it's a nice day, but it seemed like the place was generally getting more walk-ins than pre-bookings.

I've now had my second Pfizer after an 11 week gap. I dont know why it was 11 weeks instead of 12, both dates were what the booking site offered me when I used it in May, and I didnt move the 2nd one forward to 8 weeks because I didnt fancy leaving the house at a time of such ridiculously high rates of infection.

I will report on the appropriate thread if I get any symptoms from my 2nd jab.

I've been reluctant to talk about it on social media* lest I fuel anti-vaccine sentiment but I'm still not feeling 100% 1.5 weeks after the second Pfizer jab. I felt crappy for 48 hours and have been largely fine since then. But my energy levels still haven't recovered. I'm noticeably getting mentally & physically tired much sooner than I would have previously. Not a huge effect but I feel like I'm stuck on 75% of how I feel normally.

*Does Urban count as social media?

I've been reluctant to talk about it on social media* lest I fuel anti-vaccine sentiment but I'm still not feeling 100% 1.5 weeks after the second Pfizer jab. I felt crappy for 48 hours and have been largely fine since then. But my energy levels still haven't recovered. I'm noticeably getting mentally & physically tired much sooner than I would have previously. Not a huge effect but I feel like I'm stuck on 75% of how I feel normally.

Sounds like you need a conversation with your GP or 111, because that's not normal.

No, it's anti-social media. :D

Yeah you're probably right. I'm going to give it a few more days to see if it clears up and then will inquire.

I went, last week, for my second to be told I hadn’t an appointment and they’d no AZ left. I was told to go on Monday, which I did. There was a bit of an awkward moment or two during which they couldn’t find my appointment, but since it was written on my original cita previa paper, by the woman who couldn’t find my appointment, there was no argument so I was given the injection.

Yesterday I felt as bad as when I have malaria, but today, so far, I’m fine.

You need to see someone. Also it's entirely possible you have something going on that's nothing to do with the vaccine, but if you see a HCP they should go through that as a possibility nosos.

Oh, my surgery must use something different (Patient Access) as this gives me access to my GP health record etc.. I haven't been able to find a link to a Covid Passport in it but I haven't looked too hard.
You can install the NHS app and register with them to create an account, and continue to use another app like Patient Access. I use both along with the Coop pharmacy for med deliveries (not the Coop anymore as they've just sold it to another company). For prescriptions they must all draw from the main dataset, as they will show every order, regardless of whether you've used another app to request it. As far as I know you can only get the COVID passport via the NHS app.

Thank you :)

Having been hospitalised for days (on 3 occassions) struggling to breath and thinking I was on my way out (due to my meds lowering my immune system) there was no way I could risk getting covid.

Have since discovered they actually give my type of anti-TNF medication to covid patients on deaths door as by that point its their immune system attacking their lungs. And it actually saves people. Not sure how healthy you'd be afterwards having been that sick though.

Either way. As soon as that second jab went in my arm I've pretty much been living normally (but still being sensible) after a year of paranoia.

Can I ask if anyone who is immunocompromised has had the vaccination ? mod bellaozzydog

Yes.
I had 2 pfizer doses.
I was ok. Had tinnitis for 10 weeks. Headache and felt tired for about 2 weeks each vacc..
But am ok.

Ps. There was a lot of tooing and froing about me getting a vaccine.
At one stage I was told I would have to be hospitalised due to weird allergies. But in the end I was offered pfizer as best option and epipens at the ready.
I am very glad I got the vaccine. Albeit the antibody test doesnt show much in the line of antibodies.

Yes unfortunately my brother in law(ish we don't do marriage) brother and sister in law all came down with it. BIL recovered but I'm shitting it for the other two, even if they have stopped speaking to most of the family. They cann be whatever they want but my younger brother is in trouble and I can't do shit about it. Not to even mention my nephews, niece and idk what his wife's brother sister is to me?

Back
Top Bottom