Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are offering the Astra Zeneca one at my local hospital no ID needed.

My approach to vaccine shots is being recognised albeit belatedly as the way forward.

Ethically it’s a bit lalalalala.

yeah, fuck the third world. Give all the jabs to some greedy cnut in England :D

I had my second Astra Zeneca jab last Friday, 9 weeks after the first. They were holding a walk-in and it took the grand total of 5 minutes.
I was dreading it to be honest because I felt so poorly with the first but I was absolutely fine this time around.

Will you get any benefit from another jab?, aren't your white blood cells already psyched to the max?
If I knew it was all good then fine. My general anxiety is growing though. Ever greater transmissibility with new variants.

My nurse partner is alternately taking the piss and getting vexed with me.

yeah, fuck the third world. Give all the jabs to some greedy cnut in England :D
tbf I think any unused jabs at the end of the day aren't posted off to the third world but destroyed since they have a limited shelf life. Whether or not it will do any good I don't think one extra jab going into someone's arm rather than the incinerator will cost any lives in Timbuctoo or wherever. Who knows perhaps 4 jabs is the magic one that triggers the superpowers and TC will wake up finding himself clinging to the ceiling like Spiderman.

Whole swathes of the services I manage are suspended as all the staff have delta COVID. Not self isolating but COVID positive with many really ill.

This did not happen in previous waves.

I am deffo looking for a top up jab. The latest unlocking plans have effectively condemned all two million clinically vulnerable people to a very uncertain fate. This is cuntish given the sacrifices we made shielding to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed.

Whole swathes of the services I manage are suspended as all the staff have delta COVID. Not self isolating but COVID positive with many really ill.

This did not happen in previous waves.

I am deffo looking for a top up jab. The latest unlocking plans have effectively condemned all two million clinically vulnerable people to a very uncertain fate. This is cuntish given the sacrifices we made shielding to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed.

Yeah, staffing is going to be a massive problem next few months. NHS execs want to get rid of self isolation for NHS staff if contact of a positive case, which is fucking bonkers. Especially since Delta much easier to catch, having staff treating vulnerable patients having had a positive contact is just completely irresponsible.

Went to a mass vaccination site today and persuaded them to give me a dose of pfizer having had AZ dose for the first, on the grounds that I was quite ill after the AZ :) They let me go ahead once they had given me warnings about mixing jabs meaning you can't claim against the manufacturers if anything goes wrong (as they don't recommend it) and that my reaction to this might even be worse than reaction to AZ. I was glad I went there though rather than waiting to try to persuade my GP, as they were just in the mode of getting jabs in arms and didn't want to quibble too much with what people wanted. They were also giving to people with less than 8 weeks as well, even though guidance is now to wait 8 weeks. But if people wanted to do it they were just saying 'do you understand it may not be as effective if you do it at 6 weeks' and then going ahead if people agreed. I thought it was all admirably pragmatic compared to the GP vaccination centre near me, and my GP surgery, who refuse to do anything outside guidelines (even if the guidelines a week ago would have allowed it).

Back
Top Bottom