Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
had2nd jab (2x pfizer), was about 12 weeks after the 1st. got a bit of aches and chills on the night and woke up dripping with sweat feeling abit nauseous with more aches and chills across my chest mainly towards the arm that got jabbed and a banger of a headache but i tend to get those anyway so hard to know if its related.

the worst lasted about 2-3 hours with the side effects lasting prob just under a day in total, paracetamol and a few magnum ice creams got me through most of it

Eldest had his second today, 17 year old desperately trying to book an appointment, whens it come out for younger kids? My son is 8 and my younger niece has tested positive

Got my second Pfizer jab yesterday afternoon. Side effects have so far been limited to a series of brief headaches yesterday evening, and I woke up with a soreness at the injection site that feels like I've been punched in the arm.

Recently had a second dose (heterologous at 20+ weeks). Balancing affinity maturation with circulating antibodies to mitigate current wave and facilitate option to synch up 'booster' for a 1H2022 exit wave. Will line up a full humoral and cellular screening in due course.

Recently had a second dose (heterologous at 20+ weeks). Balancing affinity maturation with circulating antibodies to mitigate current wave and facilitate option to synch up 'booster' for a 1H2022 exit wave. Will line up a full humoral and cellular screening in due course.

Really wanking yourself silly over this whole thing aren't you?

Well to be fair whilst I'm I'm sure 2hats' input is greatly appreciated I hardly understand a word of it (No offense intended, just being Honest)

Well to be fair whilst I'm I'm sure 2hats' input is greatly appreciated I hardly understand a word of it (No offense intended, just being Honest)
My natural inclination is often to put their posts into a different style of language. Lack of time or energy or not wanting to get things wrong when translating have meant I havent done this anything like as much as I thought I might.

In this case I'll have a go but who knows what aspects I might get wrong:

They had a 2nd dose which was a different vaccine to the one they had for their first dose. They left a large gap between the two in order to try and achieve timing that theoretically offers a high degree of immunity, as well as taking account of the risk of waning immunity from their first dose and the risk of infection posed by the wave that is upon us right now. With the additional hope that the timing of this second dose offers the prospect that the timing of a future booster for them will be well aligned with the desire to be protected against a wave next year. And they intend to have certain measurable aspects of their immune system as it relates to this virus looked at in future.

Last edited:
elbows - thanks for confirming that what I thought 2hats had said was what they said ...

as it was a bit early on a weekend for me to get my brain in gear when I read the post in question !

Back
Top Bottom