Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The most vulnerable people are likely to be offered booster jabs from September, to provide extra protection against virus variants through the winter months.

I was just ahead of the curve.

Until they decide to offer a modified jab against variants but you are refused it because you've already had four.

Last edited:
Until they decide to offer a modified jab against variants but you are refused it because you've already had four.
I'd also say that people should not be treating these vaccines as if they are some kind of drug where you are constantly trying to maintain a certain level of it within your system.

Rather this is immune priming stuff that can get quite complicated and that the experts in thei field dont even understand 100%.

If people are lucky then repeatedly getting booster shots might end up working that way, at least initially. But there could also be diminishing returns and since they expect the virus to circulate and change for ages, I wouldnt want to overdo this stuff at all at this stage. You might need a strong response from a later vaccine but have used a lot of that power up by getting too many shots of the original vaccines early on, although this description is probably a grotesque oversimplification in some ways.

For example with flu vaccines there is some evidence that the effectiveness of protection boosts every year diminishes over time if you have a vaccine every year. The evidence is probably still not that good on that, and authorities tend not to draw attention to it because they dont want to put people off getting their flu jab every year. But its something to at least keep in mind.

For example with flu vaccines there is some evidence that the effectiveness of protection boosts every year diminishes over time if you have a vaccine every year. The evidence is probably still not that good on that, and authorities tend not to draw attention to it because they dont want to put people off getting their flu jab every year. But its something to at least keep in mind.
Former colleague of mine did some simulations that suggested the worst outcome was getting a flu vaccination for one or two years, then not getting one. It could lead to increased probability of getting flu compared to someone who did not get vaccinated at all.

Though this was all some years ago and quite possibly could have be contradicted by now - mentioning it out of interest not advice.

Just had Moderna Pt2. Hungover and ridiculously hot, it was a relief to be in the air-conditioned centre today.

"Did you get any side effects from the first jab?"
"No"
"Oh, well I'd suggest getting some paracetamol for tonight, just in case"

Sounded like she was expecting me to be in pain tonight :hmm:

Just had Moderna Pt2. Hungover and ridiculously hot, it was a relief to be in the air-conditioned centre today.

"Did you get any side effects from the first jab?"
"No"
"Oh, well I'd suggest getting some paracetamol for tonight, just in case"

Sounded like she was expecting me to be in pain tonight :hmm:

Lol mine said basically the same thing! Though I had pfizer.

They were doing both AZ and pfizer today. I was sat waiting where they ask people whether it's their first or second, and if second what did they have first. Surprising number of people didn't know what they got, suppose a lot of people don't really care!

Lol mine said basically the same thing! Though I had pfizer.

They were doing both AZ and pfizer today. I was sat waiting where they ask people whether it's their first or second, and if second what did they have first. Surprising number of people didn't know what they got, suppose a lot of people don't really care!
She was right! Had a very rough night. Basically felt like I had flu. Shivering and drenched in sweat last night :(

Feeling slightly off today but not too bad. Hope that's it, now!

Had my second Moderna jab yesterday around 1:40pm

I initially felt ok, I was worried I'd have the instant side effects like last time, but waited out the 15 minutes, and went home. Feeling alright. Everything was fine. Or so I thought...

At about 3:20am this morning, I started feeling really nauseous, tummy ache, drowsy, hot. I went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet with a bucket in front of me, and then it all came on really strong. Sweats, tingly buzzing arms, nausea. All the same effects as last time but with a 14-hour delay. It was really weird. and unpleasant. It did finally pass after about 15 minutes, and I was able to get up and take a shower. I went back to bed with a headache and a camomile tea. Still felt a bit under the weather this morning but I've taken paracetamol and eaten. I think I'll be okay if I can rest a bit today.

Can definitely relate to this yes. Per above.
Paracetamol every 4 hours for two days pretty much sorted me out. Slept a fair few hours on Sunday, too, though I'm not sure if that was catch up due to lost sleep on Saturday night.

My appetite is low (still), but I'm guessing that's mostly the weather? Still feels unusual for me, so possibly vaccine-related.

Hope you feel better soon, mate!

Something to watch out for if you're thinking of getting the Covid passport thing...

I applied for mine, and went through the whole registration process (scan of driving licence, stare into webcam interminably, etc). When I got the chance, I downloaded a PDF copy (they recommend you use the app, as it is dynamically updated), and straight away noticed a rather glaring error.

My second jab was down as my first, and the first jab was not recorded :eek:.

As I work in the GP practice I am registered with, it wasn't too hard to start the trail there, so I got them to check my medical records, which DID show both vaccines. But on further inquiry, it turned out that for some reason my first vaccine had not been entered onto the "WIS" (Welsh NHS system for tracking various immunisations/vaccines). That was easily corrected, and I have checked since (within 24 hours), and my vaccination details are now correct.

I don't know if the same situation might prevail in England, but I'd suggest that, if you think it likely that you might need to use the Covid passport system at any point in the future, you may wish to check your own status and make sure your records are correct and up to date.

Incidentally, the rather weird email address they display when you first complete the process (it incorporates "noreply" into the address :hmm:) has resulted in nothing, so you can safely discount using that as a way of resolving the issue.

Had my second Moderna jab yesterday around 1:40pm

I initially felt ok, I was worried I'd have the instant side effects like last time, but waited out the 15 minutes, and went home. Feeling alright. Everything was fine. Or so I thought...

At about 3:20am this morning, I started feeling really nauseous, tummy ache, drowsy, hot. I went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet with a bucket in front of me, and then it all came on really strong. Sweats, tingly buzzing arms, nausea. All the same effects as last time but with a 14-hour delay. It was really weird. and unpleasant. It did finally pass after about 15 minutes, and I was able to get up and take a shower. I went back to bed with a headache and a camomile tea. Still felt a bit under the weather this morning but I've taken paracetamol and eaten. I think I'll be okay if I can rest a bit today.
Had a very similar response from Moderna #2

Something to watch out for if you're thinking of getting the Covid passport thing...

I applied for mine, and went through the whole registration process (scan of driving licence, stare into webcam interminably, etc). When I got the chance, I downloaded a PDF copy (they recommend you use the app, as it is dynamically updated), and straight away noticed a rather glaring error.

My second jab was down as my first, and the first jab was not recorded :eek:.

As I work in the GP practice I am registered with, it wasn't too hard to start the trail there, so I got them to check my medical records, which DID show both vaccines. But on further inquiry, it turned out that for some reason my first vaccine had not been entered onto the "WIS" (Welsh NHS system for tracking various immunisations/vaccines). That was easily corrected, and I have checked since (within 24 hours), and my vaccination details are now correct.

I don't know if the same situation might prevail in England, but I'd suggest that, if you think it likely that you might need to use the Covid passport system at any point in the future, you may wish to check your own status and make sure your records are correct and up to date.

Incidentally, the rather weird email address they display when you first complete the process (it incorporates "noreply" into the address :hmm:) has resulted in nothing, so you can safely discount using that as a way of resolving the issue.
So the covid passport isn't just the NHS app QR code? I'm confused now.

Registering with NHS online, for stuff like prescriptions and the Covid pass. This is separate from the "NHS" Covid App.
Yes, perhaps I wasn't clear enough about that. There is an NHS app, and an NHS Covid app. Although, since I'm in Wales, the NHS app isn't much use to me, since it only offers services available in England. I think that if I need online status for my Covid vaccine, I can use the NHS app, since all that stuff does seem to be being managed UK-wide (although I note that the immunisation database on which the passport is based is a Welsh one, not a UK-wide one).

Back
Top Bottom