Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
from what i heard it's more effective the longer you can leave the second, is that right?

There do appear to be some increases in efficiency at a population level with 12 week gaps, yes, but for an individual (where individual response variance will likely massively outweigh that) the risk-averse stance is to get fully protected ASAP. It’s also the social thing to do, as it increases the overall population protection level, lowering transmission and protecting everyone.

e2a in the light of the below - it does change if one knows one has been infected in the past, as that means the first vaccine acts as a booster (super booster even) and one is already highly protected, so any incremental protection from the second vaccine becomes pretty moot in all calculations.

Last edited:
No. Will wait for VLA-2001/NVX-CoV2373/mRNA-1273.211/mRNA-1273.351 in the autumn.

Tempting, since I am not looking forward to visiting a vaccination centre during a time of extremely high viral prevalence.

However I've only had one Pfizer dose so far, and probably didnt get infected in the past either, so my current level of protection is sub-optimal. Plus I'm under 50 (46) so cannot make assumptions about being offered a vaccine as a booster in the autumn.

What would you do if you were me? If I proceed with standard 2 dose plan then my second dose wont happen till late July or early August. And I dont need to leave the house at all apart from for vaccination purposes.

Given that one of our prime societal goals at the moment is to get as many people as possible to full vaccination status as quickly as possible to try to forestall delta, I would also echo the why nots above?

Common sense, sorry it seems to upset people.

Last edited:
Isn’t this going to used as a boost to already 2xvaccinated people?
Should see some numbers from Com-COV2 and COV-Boost by around then, though doubtless supply factors at that time will play a major role in decisions.
Tempting, since I am not looking forward to visiting a vaccination centre during a time of extremely high viral prevalence.

However I've only had one Pfizer dose so far, and probably didnt get infected in the past either, so my current level of protection is sub-optimal. Plus I'm under 50 (46) so cannot make assumptions about being offered a vaccine as a booster in the autumn.

What would you do if you were me? If I proceed with standard 2 dose plan then my second dose wont happen till late July or early August. And I dont need to leave the house at all apart from for vaccination purposes.
Non-convalescent? Definitely go and get the second dose.

I'm only taking this approach due to my own particular circumstances, don't recommend it for anyone else and it is obviously subject to revision as further, reproducible research comes to light plus some immunological analysis in the coming weeks.

Non-convalescent? Definitely go and get the second dose.

I'm only taking this approach due to my own particular circumstances, don't recommend it for anyone else and it is obviously subject to revision as further, reproducible research comes to light plus some immunological analysis in the coming weeks.
Cheers, I knew you'd be tailoring your approach to your own circumstances which is why I included lots of detail about my own circumstances.

Its going to be difficult for me because I find it extremely hard to leave the house when levels of infection are high. But at least I timed my first dose so that it coincided with the May bottoming out of cases, and the fact I've had one dose makes it slightly easier to imagine leaving the house for 2nd dose.

I'm still waiting to see if they allow people with AZ to get an mRNA vaccine as second dose, due to how badly the AZ set back my long covid (I'm feeling better now but still have a chest ache, which previously had at last faded to nothing after a year of it). I'm starting to think they might not do it due to supply issues though, even though the evidence for doing it seems pretty solid at this point.

I'm still waiting to see if they allow people with AZ to get an mRNA vaccine as second dose, due to how badly the AZ set back my long covid (I'm feeling better now but still have a chest ache, which previously had at last faded to nothing after a year of it). I'm starting to think they might not do it due to supply issues though, even though the evidence for doing it seems pretty solid at this point.

Did you see the recent posts in the vaccines for covid thread?

Good trial results with AZ followed by Pfizer.

Also data showing covid convalescents have a good response to 1st jab, 2nd not much of a boost with AZ.

Soooo basically you could just do nothing for the moment. Glad things are improving again albeit slowly though!

Did you see the recent posts in the vaccines for covid thread?

Good trial results with AZ followed by Pfizer.

Also data showing covid convalescents have a good response to 1st jab, 2nd not much of a boost with AZ.

Soooo basically you could just do nothing for the moment. Glad things are improving again albeit slowly though!
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking at the moment. By coincidence the zoe app emailed me the other day offering me an antibody test, so I will even get my antibodies checked now. I definitely won't commit to a second AZ until I see the results of that. If for some reason I have low anti-bodies, and they decide not to offer Pfizer, I may then get the AZ, but otherwise it seems an unnecessary risk to me.

They are offering the Astra Zeneca one at my local hospital no ID needed.

My approach to vaccine shots is being recognised albeit belatedly as the way forward.

Ethically it’s a bit lalalalala.

Reactions: LDC
Back
Top Bottom