Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had my 2nd AZ vaccination this morning. The needle going in was fine but when she actually started injecting there was an achy jolt, almost like a small electric shock. She thinks that she might have hit a nerve.

Treated myself to a John Lewis cream tea and some clothes shopping afterward. I had a couple snoozes on the settee in the afternoon but I had gone to bed late last night and had partaken in the wacky baccy.

I had my second one today, and it was a bit of an odd one. I'm phenomenally, world-beatingly injection phobic, so for both of them, I bought EMLA cream and applied it to my arm under a clear plastic dressing. For the first jab, the nurse took the dressing off, wiped the cream off, sterilised the area then injected me, which I felt a bit.

This time, I lay down as before and was waiting to feel the dressing being taken off and everything being cleaned up and so forth, when I felt a tiny pain, then was told 'All done!'. They'd just jabbed me straight through the dressing and the cream. Only I'd accidentally bought larger dressings with gauze in the middle, so they basically stuck the needle through plastic, gauze and cream and straight into me, through an unsanitised part of my arm.

I presume that's ok, but it was a bit of a surprise certainly.

I'm feeling a bit knackered after my second one yesterday, but with three small children, I've no way of knowing if that's caused by the vaccine or not. No other side effects thus far thankfully, although with my first jab I had none for a good while, then really suddenly got horrible shivery chills, then was pretty quickly better again, so who knows.

I did too after both jabs. Probably due to the mRNA rewriting my genome or something.
Mrs Q did after her second AZ, she couldn't keep her eyes open by about 10pm, she felt unwell after the first but a good night's kip was the only side effect of the 2nd.
Both of continue to be disappointed by our lack of 5G coverage despite a mast being 5 mins walk away

Back
Top Bottom