Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had my second AZ yesterday morning. Was already tired with a slightly sore throat before it, and after an 18 day on my feet at the football club I run, I'm fucked today. Not sure if there's any sIde effects of I'm just exhausted

I was due my 2nd jab on Wednesday, I spent Thursday & Friday completely wiped out, shivery & tired (fine now).
But have actually got my jab re-booked for 11 June as couldn't go on Weds.

It did occur to me on Friday that if I'd had the jab on Wednesday, I'd have been convinced it was side-effects!

...my chronic median collateral ligament issue isnt painful at all- this happened with the first jab as well. it will come back though. Is this a common thing?

Unless someone can show otherwise I can't see any mechanism in which the vaccine and that would be connected, so I'd say it's coincidence. Maybe you rested post-jab which helped?

Had my second AZ yesterday morning. Was already tired with a slightly sore throat before it, and after an 18 day on my feet at the football club I run, I'm fucked today. Not sure if there's any sIde effects of I'm just exhausted

Pretty convinced I have some sort of bug, as I have cough and sorer throat now. Thought I'd recovered and took the kids to Legoland yesterday, woke up like I'd been run over again today.

Had 2nd AZ jab this morning.

The nurse hit a nerve or something and it was absolutely excruciating (didn't feel the first one at all) and all the way home I was having some sort of neuralgic phantom pain in my arm where it felt like the needle was still in there - that has subsided now though and it just feels a more normal sort of post-needle slightly sore.

I wasn't sure how I felt immediately afterwards because I got very little sleep last night and was really tired - had a nap when I got back and feel fine now, quite healthy and alert. Will see how it goes later/tomorrow, but hopefully this means I am still in no side effects Smug Club

Vote has been changed accordingly.

I live in France, usually no second doses for those younger than 55 yet, but as my wife is insuline dependant and I'm only a couple if years away from 55 the doctor asked me to come in.
Also because of thé Bad press the AZ vaccin has had over here loads of people have desisted totally and we are given thé choice of which vaccin. As I dont give a monkey's I took whatever was offered

So a pick n mix in France that's a big no-no in the UK.

Is there ever going to be any sort of global unified approach (because, science) when we can't even get across the Channel together?

Science isnt monolithic, nor is medicine, and such decisions involve other aspects ranging from politics to economics and realities of supply, public opinion of different vaccines etc. So probably not.

I do expect some international stuff to be firmed up in future as a result of this pandemic, but I wouldnt like to guess quite how far that will stretch.

When I say mix and match is a no-no in the UK, I only describe the situation so far, it could all change in future. The main thing that would make me uneasy about it if we had gone for that approach, is the lack of trial data so far.

Second AZ on Sunday. Nowhere near as bad as the first one for side-effects, but still felt heavy-limbed and spaced out all week. Hard to know how much of that is the hay fever, though. Probably 2/3 hay fever, 1/3 jab.

Good to be done.

Yeah hayfever is a pain in the arse for trying to attribute cause to various feelings at this time of year. I was lucky that my first jab coincided with crap weather which left me with no hayfever symptoms in the post-1st jab period. And I had no vaccine symptoms (Pfizer) either so I actually felt much better post-jab than normal! I likely wont be afforded the same clarity with my 2nd jab though, whether its brought forwards or not its likely to happen at a time where I have lots of grotty hayfever symptoms.

By the way in regards mix-and-match policies in different countries that came up earlier, I saw this on the BBC live updates page.14:24 entry: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57355091

With many countries facing delays and shortages of Covid vaccines, some are now looking into whether it's possible to immunise people with two different vaccines.

Several countries are running or planning to run trials looking at how effective vaccine mixing is, including Russia, the US and South Korea.

US firm Novavax has also said it will take part in a mix-and-match trial in the UK this month, which will test the use of an additional booster dose from another producer.

Others have already recommended vaccine mixing for young people who've been given one dose of AstraZeneca - Canada, Spain and France are among them. This has followed concerns about AstraZeneca causing rare clotting-related side effects in younger people.

And the UAE and Bahrain have made the Pfizer vaccine available as a booster shot for those initially vaccinated with the vaccine developed by Chinese firm Sinopharm.

Absolute fucking farce.
Just had a text through saying I can now rebook my 2nd jab, bringing it forward from July 11th. Great stuff, I've been waiting for this.
Called my GPs where I had jab 1 (3 mins away on foot).
"Oh, we don't do bookings now, you'll have to go onto NHS online or call 119"
"Can I request it's with you?"
"Of course, just request it"
"Thanks"

Called 119, 3.5 mins before I could talk to a human, I was offered two places both 8 miles away. My GP didn't come up as an option. And I was still booked in for my original booking on the 10th July, not 11th with my GP which I thought had been sorted out.

Anyway, I'm booked in for Sunday June 20th now. But honestly, it's a bit daft nobody talking to one another, isn't it

Absolute fucking farce.
Just had a text through saying I can now rebook my 2nd jab, bringing it forward from July 11th. Great stuff, I've been waiting for this.
"Thanks"

Called 119, 3.5 mins before I could talk to a human, I was offered two places both 8 miles away. My GP didn't come up as an option. And I was still booked in for my original booking on the 10th July, not 11th with my GP which I thought had been sorted out.

Anyway, I'm booked in for Sunday June 20th now. But honestly, it's a bit daft nobody talking to one another, isn't it

It's so easy around here, the GPs have nowt to do with the NHS website & 119, they have come together for their own special covid phone booking number & online booking system, covering all GPs across the coastal strip & south downs national park areas of West Sussex.

Absolute fucking farce.
"Thanks"

My phone has been getting regular messages over the last couple of weeks - one load from NHS Booking and another load from my GP Surgery - the former reminding me to turn up for the appointment I had booked, and the later telling me that I needed to book an appointment, and texting me every god damn day about it. They are still texting me after I had my 2nd and I do not know how to make it stop!

Back
Top Bottom