Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I had the first jab they told me I''d need to book my second one, but a text reminder with a link to book came through 9 weeks after the first jab, so I got my jab 10 weeks after the first one. I'm still a bit tired and brain foggy, welll that's one of many symptoms I seem to have. I think it's about 8 days since my jab now. Don't know anyone else as affected as me by both jabs. I reported it in.

Can you book one on the NHS website?

Thank you for that suggestion!

I am now booked for Friday 11th June via the NHS website - and it's at a different vaccination centre, so I don't know yet if I'm going to be double Pfizered or mix-and-match :cool: (but I will have the weekend to recover if it's a mix-and-match)

And it will be 11 weeks not 9 which is good or bad depending, and booking was very easy, I didn't need to know my NHS number or remember where my GP is

They arent doing mix-and-match at this stage unless something has gone wrong, a mistake is the only reason this should happen at the moment. And I would not go ahead with the second jab if they didnt match, and the authorities should also stop it if it becomes clear on the day that your 2nd jab isnt the same as the first.

OK - that's good to know ( I guess the website knew what my 1st jab was, & that's why it didn't offer me a huge choice of vaccination centres - no pharmacies etc)

I didn't know they weren't mixing vaccines - I did read about a study where they'd tried it & discovered slightly worse temporary side effects from mixing, but only to the level where they'd suggest not - for instance - vaccinating a whole ward of nurses at the same time in case half of them were absent the next day.

More frequent side-effects reported mixing Pfizer and Oxford Covid jabs, study suggests

Last edited:
They are also trialling whether 3rd doses as boosters using a different vaccine to the one people had for shots 1 & 2 is a good idea in future.

Had second Astra Zeneca jab yesterday.. all done.

Vaguely interesting for this jab there was a long queue... where as 12 weeks ago when I went and there was all the hype about blood clotting I walked straight in.. dunno. :weed:
I forgot to say that there was also a fairly substantial queue when I went for my second jab last Saturday .....

It can only be a good thing if lots o people are experiencing this :) :cool:

5 days after my 2nd AZ still no symptoms like last time, Mrs Q who felt a bit off following her first AZ is having her second tomorrow. The Q's are making good progress on the 3rd generation at the moment, SiL Q (38) has his first on Friday as well, Eldest Q (32) on the 4th and Son Q (31) on the 6th. Son Q is the middle of my parents grandchildren (7th out of 13) and 3 of those younger than him have had it due to being NHS/care workers so even the huge Q tribe is running out of unvaccinated adults.

Got my second pfizer about 40 mins ago.
👍
Just noticed doc wrote todays date as 28/06/2021
Hope that doesn't matter.

Depends if you are planning on travelling anywhere that says you must have been vaccinated 'x' weeks before arrival. (And also whether they got the date wrong on 'the system')

Just had my second AZ. Much more chilled experience than the first time. First time was quite a way away in a massive centre run by the army with paperwork to fill in and sign. Today a short walk in the sun to my local pharmacy to be jabbed by people in normal clothes and no signing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom