Votes: 112 53.8%
  • Had covid-19 once

Votes: 63 30.3%
  • Had covid-19 more than once

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 14 6.7%

• Total voters
I did lose my sense of smell and taste for a few days, but realised it had come back when Paddy the Cat had an exceptionally smelly session in his litter tray :D. Never thought I'd be relieved to smell that. (You did say no such thing as TMI with coronavirus, right? :D).
Still not had Covid yet. I did have a cold last week and wondered if my sense of smell might be affected, but then Lilith kindly farted in my face as if to reassure me. Normally she only does that as a punishment for staying out late or making her see the vet when she doesn't want to.

Get well soon A380 & household

We've avoided it all this time but yesterday OH got a very big positive line. With all the fluey symptoms too.

Is it normal now to wait until a negative test until you start going out again? I thought tests just detected antibodies which don't always correlate with contagiousness. I only bought her one test as I thought there was no way it was covid!

Get well soon A380 & household

We've avoided it all this time but yesterday OH got a very big positive line. With all the fluey symptoms too.

Is it normal now to wait until a negative test until you start going out again? I thought tests just detected antibodies which don't always correlate with contagiousness. I only bought her one test as I thought there was no way it was covid!

I don't think there is a normal now tbh. AFAIK you can continue to get a red line for quite a long time - even when it was regulated it was ten days even with a line iirc. So you could do that, or wait until the line has gone. Or something else.

I don't think there is a normal now tbh. AFAIK you can continue to get a red line for quite a long time - even when it was regulated it was ten days even with a line iirc. So you could do that, or wait until the line has gone. Or something else.
This. Personally, I'd rest up until I felt better and wear a mask if I absolutely had to go out. That's what my housemate did recently when he tested positive. He also only used a specific plate, mug and cutlery to avoid the risk of giving it to us, stayed in his room as much as possible and wore his mask in communal areas. He did find he got horrible migraines from staying in for more than two days though, so he did need to go for a walk and get some fresh air.

OK. My OH breathes in my face on a regular basis so I suppose I should get some more tests anyway. Tomorrow I have a work meeting with all 12 employees of another company.

Still got it.

View attachment 384892

Mostly pissed off as I have loads of tickets for a comedy festival this weekend that Ms 747 and I have been looking forward to for ages.
Urgh I feel that pain viscerally. Bloody nightmare. I remember going to one line very quick if it's any comfort i.e it was two strong lines and then all of a sudden went to one. Where as my first time had to wait for that bloody gradual fade. Hopefully you'll get a nice one liner soon.

Urgh I feel that pain viscerally. Bloody nightmare. I remember going to one line very quick if it's any comfort i.e it was two strong lines and then all of a sudden went to one. Where as my first time had to wait for that bloody gradual fade. Hopefully you'll get a nice one liner soon.

Thanks. Just got this this morning so I hope mine follows your pattern.

IMG_1452.jpeg

Most of the current LFTs (Rapid Antigen Tests, RAT) look for antigens - fragments of the virus (from nasopharyngeal swabs). Fragments of the virus will continue to circulate in your system for days, even up to a few weeks after infection. Some of the earlier LFTs identified antibodies to various virus structural proteins (from drops of blood). Neither necessarily correlates with infectiousness, though can be used as proxies to varying and limited degrees (the antibody ones less so).

If you are immunocompetent AND have had the full set of vaccinations (the original three jabs, aka two-dose primary series plus one 'booster', where at least one interval in that series was a good six months) then once you are at least 5 days past the first positive RAT LFT you are probably not infectious to other, fully vaccinated, immunocompetents (though give it 7 or even 10 days to be thoroughly sure).

However if you care for, work, live with, or otherwise associate with clinically vulnerable/immunodysfunctional persons, then you should consider allowing for at least 10 days to pass and/or wear a proper, fitted face mask (FFP2/N95, or better) around them. Better: 14 days.

Current CDC guidance provides more details.

Last edited:
My basic Covid symptoms have gone now but my sleeping pattern is fucked. It's not the best at normal times.

It's not been helped by the fact that I was on holiday. I had some nights where I was up until 5am then following night I would sleep for 12 hours. I had to get up early on Monday after 4 hours sleep to get home which was fine, but then last night I was hanging and couldn't sleep still by midnight so took 50mg promethazine which knocked me out, but unfortunately to well and I didn't wake up into 14:30. Now I can't sleep again.

I've told work I'm off until at least today. Trying to weigh up my options on sleeping now or having a quick power nap later and then pushing through to tonight.

I know Covid messes with your sleep pattern anyway. I'm nocturnal as it is, but Covid and lack of routine due to annual leave hasn't helped. Just posting to vent really.

I have all the symptoms OH does and she's had a very strong positive LFT. I just tested and not even the faintest line, following the instructions to a T! Wth

Most of the current LFTs (Rapid Antigen Tests, RAT) look for antigens - fragments of the virus (from nasopharyngeal swabs). Fragments of the virus will continue to circulate in your system for days, even up to a few weeks after infection. Some of the earlier LFTs identified antibodies to various virus structural proteins (from drops of blood). Neither necessarily correlates with infectiousness, though can be used as proxies to varying and limited degrees (the antibody ones less so).

If you are immunocompetent AND have had the full set of vaccinations (the original three jabs, aka two-dose primary series plus one 'booster', where at least one interval in that series was a good six months) then once you are at least 5 days past the first positive RAT LFT you are probably not infectious to other, fully vaccinated, immunocompetents (though give it 7 or even 10 days to be thoroughly sure).

However if you care for, work, live with, or otherwise associate with clinically vulnerable/immunodysfunctional persons, then you should consider allowing for at least 10 days to pass and/or wear a proper, fitted face mask (FFP2/N95, or better) around them. Better: 14 days.

Current CDC guidance provides more details.
Every time I see 'LFT', my brain autofills it as 'Liver Function Tests'. The number of times I've filled in FBC, U+Es and LFT.

i haven't had it knowingly but around the time that there was talk of superspreaders and schoolkids bringing it back from italy i did have an evil flu ...

Updated to ...had covid once ... fell foul to the lurgy all over the christmas period after dodging for so long .tested positive for 10 days. I also managed to pass it on to miss mash ,we had to cancel all our xmas plans ....deep joy...

Back
Top Bottom