Votes: 112 53.8%
  • Had covid-19 once

Votes: 63 30.3%
  • Had covid-19 more than once

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 14 6.7%

• Total voters
Still I haven't had it, though those around me have, some more than once.

Fingers crossed this situation may continue, I don't want to take my chances with the lurgy.

Such a bummer. I must have got it while I was in Spain. How long does it take to show itself? Didn't feel proper ill until I was back in the UK.

Not confirmed. Had something right right back at the start, but I believe swine flu also made a come back around that time, but didn't get media attention because of Covid. My partner had it last week and thought it would hit me, but some how I dodged it.

Still haven’t had it. As far as I know.
Still don’t know if I’ve just avoided exposure to it, or if I’ve had it and been asymptomatic. Apart from that weird chest infection I had in February 2020.

How much were those antibody tests again?
& how reliably do they show you whether you’ve got antibodies from infection or just from vaccination?

Still don’t seem to have had it, despite people all around me getting it.

That’s unless LFT’s have been lying; I’ve had a couple of “colds” since start of the pandemic. Always negative tests.

Is freak genetic immunity a thing with Covid? My parents haven’t had it either…

Pretty much the same MO with me. Almost everyone I know that I've been in physical contact with has had it at least once, including my partner. I've still never had it to my knowledge, never any set of symptoms, and never any positive tests once they came available. I've been taking the tube in to the office every day since last april so statistically there's no way I could have avoided it. As it turns out, no-one in my immediate family either has seemingly had it either, fingers crossed.

I've had a few ailments during the pandemic, but nowt approaching a cold (and TBH I've not had anything matching the "runny nose, sore throat" sort of cold for at least a decade).

I've a friend whose husband (hospital doctor who was working on Covid wards) has had it and her kids have had it (they were in keyworker school throughout lockdown). She's definitely not had it (weekly PCR tests since the start due to her job).

I'm pretty sure I've not had it but then I'm still wfh and all that so... 🤷‍♀️

My wife got it last week, I still haven't had it despite sleeping in the same bed and drinking together before she got symptoms.

Despite feeling totally zonked out this morning I am feeling a bit better (my throat is a bit smoother and I am coughing less). Is there a rough timescale for the latest versions? Does it come in waves? Do different symptoms come and go while you still have it?
Basically I just want to know if I am over the hump or if it is likely that it will knock me down with a second wave.

LFT's don't lie:
  • if it's positive you have it
  • if it's negative then you don't know if you have it or not.
That's not really true. There are plenty of documented cases on here and elsewhere where people have had to take multiple LFT tests before they showed positive even with many symptoms. My own family have had one person, the most effected, never test positive on a LFT despite the rest of us doing so and having lesser symptoms; this has been the case in quite a few of the families I know.

Despite feeling totally zonked out this morning I am feeling a bit better (my throat is a bit smoother and I am coughing less). Is there a rough timescale for the latest versions? Does it come in waves? Do different symptoms come and go while you still have it?
Basically I just want to know if I am over the hump or if it is likely that it will knock me down with a second wave.
Last time I had it, the exhaustion was the main symptom that lingered. Even after I had tested negative a couple of times and had lost the cough and general achiness and flu-ey feeling I was still struggling to last a day without a 2 hr nap mid-afternoon.

It does come and go though. During my first infection every day was different. One day I felt great and considered going for a run, the next day I couldn't get out of bed.

It does sound like you are on the mend but its very possible you might get a load of symptoms again tomorrow.

This, 3rd time has been the best X2 days very tired and feverish but able to do things and no other symptoms. Ears ringing though and that lasted quite a bit on round 2 but doesn't feel as bad this time.
Glad you're feeling better too ATOMIC SUPLEX

Someone seems to be having a go at it, at least…

Starting with the targeting of discordant couples seems like a better technique than looking at unaffected clusters of close relatives.
I'd really like to be a part of this research.

My dad has been ill recently, but tested negative. My son has never had it either and genetically I am like my dad, rather then ma and my son is like me and my dad- we all look similar.

I have no desire to part of any research but I'm sticking with eating antiviral herbs most days for the foreseeable. Daughter and both girls have had it but not til about March this year. I had to go and collect youngest grandgirl from school to test her and tbh I was expecting another negative(she's prone to colds so had many tests) and was a bit shocked when it read +, she had zero symptoms, I wondered if it was a false + but dunno if you get them.

Still haven’t had it to my knowledge.

I did have a chest infection in January/February 2020 where I had some nasty coughing fits and felt completely wiped out. But I put this down to a minor asthma flare-up at the time. Could have been Covid, but I will never know.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Bloke on More or Less was saying it is very unusual for anyone in the UK to not have had it, whether they know it or not. But I don't think I have. Hit rate among the villagers is about 50% now, ie had a positive test, mostly the young 'uns. More or Less fella said 10-11 year olds are 95% positive for antibodies.

We still need a clear nucleic test from the last three days to go anywhere, so have been testing regularly and still not had it. Just due my third booster.

I'd really like to be a part of this research.

My dad has been ill recently, but tested negative. My son has never had it either and genetically I am like my dad, rather then ma and my son is like me and my dad- we all look similar.
I never get colds either, even when people are coughing and spluttering in the office.

I also don't really get colds or flu. As I have neutropenia I am told I should rush down to the A&E if I get the flu, but it's never actually happened. I did get invited for the jab for it this year, but I have never had it before.

I have had a runny nose though. Just never laid up in bed. Seems a bit odd for someone with a super low immune system.

I also don't really get colds or flu. As I have neutropenia I am told I should rush down to the A&E if I get the flu, but it's never actually happened. I did get invited for the jab for it this year, but I have never had it before.

I have had a runny nose though. Just never laid up in bed. Seems a bit odd for someone with a super low immune system.
I can't remember the medical details exactly but I recall that when Covid started some of the deaths were because people's immune systems were reacting too strongly and the normal respiratory/flu treatments doctors were using were adding to this.

I can't remember the medical details exactly but I recall that when Covid started some of the deaths were because people's immune systems were reacting too strongly and the normal respiratory/flu treatments doctors were using were adding to this.
Yeah, but an underperforming immune system was not going to be helpful for me apparently.
I did put that to my bloody doctor and they said 'sorry, no. If you get covid, it will almost certainly be very very bad for you'.
I am assuming it's not outrageous for me now because of the weaker variant and the four jabs I have had.

Yeah, but an underperforming immune system was not going to be helpful for me apparently.
I did put that to my bloody doctor and they said 'sorry, no. If you get covid, it will almost certainly be very very bad for you'.
I am assuming it's not outrageous for me now because of the weaker variant and the four jabs I have had.
You'd imagine so at all of that. But it has been surprising in how it's affected some so badly and others not.
But yes, those with underlying conditions still appear most at risk and vaccines have had a significant impact.

Back
Top Bottom