Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have had 3 texts from the local GP hub. One a month in advance, one a week in advance & the last one today 24 hours in advance. I wonder if I will get one an hour in advance? Still can't complain they have run a tight ship round here & am most impressed with both the NHS and all the volunteers too.

I had the 2nd AZ yesterday.

No side efffects but the injection hurt like fuck. I hardly felt the first one but this was like a wasp sting.

Some drs and nurses arw just really good at injections.
Others are really not.

My first jab hurt like hell and stung...burned...for 2 days.

My second jab was done and dusted and I was still waiting for it. Felt nothing.

Some drs and nurses arw just really good at injections.
Others are really not.

My first jab hurt like hell and stung...burned...for 2 days.

My second jab was done and dusted and I was still waiting for it. Felt nothing.
I have six monthly blood tests - 9/10 have been absolutely fine - barely felt the needle.
Once was absolute agony. I mean didn't scream or anything but it really hurt. I didn't think it was the nurse's technique, I guess I was just unlucky and the needle hit a nerve. If they were that bad they wouldn't have been on the blood test team.

I have six monthly blood tests - 9/10 have been absolutely fine - barely felt the needle.
Once was absolute agony. I mean didn't scream or anything but it really hurt. I didn't think it was the nurse's technique, I guess I was just unlucky and the needle hit a nerve. If they were that bad they wouldn't have been on the blood test team.

I get bloods done every 3 months. There are 4 drs. One never hurts. One always messes up a vein and needs to find another one. Third dr is ok but it hurts a bit.

There are nurses and drs who are just not great at making it painless. They do the job.

I remember being in hospital on an IV and there was one nurse who if she was on and flushing the cannula she used do it too fast. Agony. She fucking knew it was hurting...every time.

I have to get regular blood tests and have rubbish veins. I've currently got massive bruises on both hands as the phlebotomist couldn't find a vein in either arm so ended up taking it out my hands. Sore. :(

I have to get regular blood tests and have rubbish veins. I've currently got massive bruises on both hands as the phlebotomist couldn't find a vein in either arm so ended up taking it out my hands. Sore. :(

Yep. It's awful. When they run out of veins and start on the back of your hand, you know its going to be painful.
Some are still really good though.

I have a vein in my left arm that has always been very reliable for blood tests over the past 25 years.

Yet there is one dr I know and I swear my reliable vein hates her. The vein jumps out of the way when she tries to get blood from it. Every single time.

No side efffects but the injection hurt like fuck. I hardly felt the first one but this was like a wasp sting.
You might have tensed up the muscle I suppose - they told me to relax my arm when I had one of them as I must have been holding it wrong.

Re blood tests though - the nurse at the GP surgery is brilliant at taking blood - never leaves a bruise. Hospital staff invariably do which is weird, as they must take blood far more often. I've been called 'a good bleeder' by medical staff as it's always really easy for them to get a good vein to stab.

Had my second jab around midday. Felt quite lively, my arm didn't even hurt.

About 6pm I got a mad fever and full body sweats, shakes, dizzy, I was soaked and needed a sit down.

It passed after about 30 minutes and my temperature came right down again. I nearly fainted tbh...

This morning I ache, and my arm is a bit swollen, but other than that all good...full windows update.

I'm getting my 2nd one tomorrow. It's the thing i've been looking forward too the most over the last few months and here in Germany they are difficult to come by. I was supposed to have surgery on Thursday and then it got moved to Saturday and I begged the hospital to let me go for my 2nd jab first. Due to the vaccine shortage in Germany, they are impossible to reschedule right now but thank heavens I can have the surgery later in the day.

Last edited:
Getting my 2nd dose tomorrow morning... With a bit more trepidation than the first one, for some reason.

My second jab is due on 8 June, Just had a text inviting me to choose an earlier date. Just wondering if it's worth it. It's only 10 days away.

Interesting. I never usually feel blood tests but the one I had on Wednesday fucking hurt. I've never had that before.

So, had 2nd dose about an hour ago, didn't hurt at all, but arm already starting to ache and I feel a bit spaced out (very slightly).

Edit: this time I'm moving my left arm a fair bit, apparently it might help with the pain. It was quite painful for a couple of days after first dose. I'll report back.

Last edited:
They arent doing mix-and-match at this stage unless something has gone wrong, a mistake is the only reason this should happen at the moment. And I would not go ahead with the second jab if they didnt match, and the authorities should also stop it if it becomes clear on the day that your 2nd jab isnt the same as the first.

I was about to ask about this. I had to decamp to scotland in february and immediately started getting many invitations to book my vaccination down here. Very frustrating. Eventually I managed to wangle a Pfizer in scotland on 26th april so a couple of months behind most of my friends. I got back this week and got an invitation from my gp surgery to get my 'first' AZ on 3rd june.

I can't remember what the original gap was meant to be but I'm wondering if I can wangle a 'first' vaccination here so I can catch up to where I would be, and had been wondering whether to accept a different one.

I had my second Pfizer shot yesterday. No side effects either time, but then I had surgery on both of my hands yesterday afternoon and I was knocked out much of the the rest of the night. Here in Germany you still have to get a test on the same day for just about anything you want to do, so I will be glad that is over for me in 2 weeks time. It still will be a drag taking my vaccination pass everywhere, a flimsy cardboard booklet, too big to fit in the wallet and which can easily get torn.

Last edited:
I had my second Pfizer shot yesterday. No side effects either time, but then I had surgery on both of my hands yesterday afternoon and I was knocked out much of the the rest of the night. Here in Germany you still have to get a test on the same day for just about anything you want to do, so I will be glad that is over for me 2 weeks time. It still will be a drag taking my vaccination pass everywhere, a flimsy cardboard booklet, too big to fit in the wallet and which can easily get torn.
Hope your recovery from surgery goes well and you're not in too much pain.

Not sure what is deemed to be an official vaccination pass in the UK - although the NHS app shows your vaccination status. Better than the little card they give you at the clinic.

Back
Top Bottom