Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the SECOND covid jab yet?

Have you had your SECOND jab yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had a missed call from my GP surgery on Thursday night. I called back about 5 mins later, thinking it might about the vaccination. They had been trying to offer me a spare one for the day, but it had already been taken up by the time I called back. I mentioned I'd be keen to have mine asap, and they said, ah yes we can help you with that, can you come in tomorrow morning?

So am twice Astra vaccinated as of Friday 10.40am. No side effects, apart from arm being slightly sore to direct touch.
Just hope I didn't booze my immune response away yesterday :oops:

Got my 2nd today, just 6 weeks after my 1st. Pfizer. According to NHS England this was my 1st, not my 2nd as the one I got in Scotland doesn't seem to be on their system. I toyed with the idea of taking my chances of getting a different brand and being an unofficial trial subject, but I spotted my local pharmacy were doing Pfizer last Monday so gambled that they would also be doing it again today. That proved to be the case so all good but I don't get to be special. That's ok. I'm already special.

Last edited:
Just had 2nd one, weirdly didn't have any after effects (yet) :hmm:
They made me have it on a bed after telling them how I felt after first jab (shivers and rushes and well weird)
The jab hurt more but nothing afterwards.
Thought 2nd one was meant to be worse?! :confused:

Depends which one you had, there's more chance of worst side effects after a second pfizer jab, less after a second dose of AZ.

But, everyone is different.

Anyone else had a reaction to first Pfizer and not the second?
Obviously could still happen tomorrow

Anyone else had a reaction to first Pfizer and not the second?
Obviously could still happen tomorrow
Nope. I felt a bit shit after the first one, but I suspect that was down to getting pissed celebrating getting the jab! :thumbs:

More seriously, general feedback seems to be that you are more likely, with Pfizer to get a reaction to the second one.

Nope. I felt a bit shit after the first one, but I suspect that was down to getting pissed celebrating getting the jab! :thumbs:

More seriously, general feedback seems to be that you are more likely, with Pfizer to get a reaction to the second one.
Mine was slightly worse which meant feeling slightly hungover (having had no booze) vs just feeling very tired first time round. 🤷‍♀️

Had my second AZ last Saturday. Definitely less pronounced after effects this time round.

Although unplanned, I kind of ended up getting a bit merry in the afternoon/ evening after my first jab, which I reckon had the effect of delaying the effects until the following day. This time I only had a couple of drinks afterwards, and just felt a sleepy and tired that day, and almost fully normal the day after.

As an aside personal note, I have quite the irrational phobia of needles regardless of whether it might be a puny vaccination or a blood test, every single time I have to have one I invariably get dizzy and nauseous as fuck afterwards. But this second jab was the first time in a good thirty years when I didn’t have to sit down looking ash faced and feeling like I was about to faint after having a tiny needle pushed into my skin :)

Had my second AZ last Saturday. Definitely less pronounced after effects this time round.

Although unplanned, I kind of ended up getting a bit merry in the afternoon/ evening after my first jab, which I reckon had the effect of delaying the effects until the following day. This time I only had a couple of drinks afterwards, and just felt a sleepy and tired that day, and almost fully normal the day after.

As an aside personal note, I have quite the irrational phobia of needles regardless of whether it might be a puny vaccination or a blood test, every single time I have to have one I invariably get dizzy and nauseous as fuck afterwards. But this second jab was the first time in a good thirty years when I didn’t have to sit down looking ash faced and feeling like I was about to faint after having a tiny needle pushed into my skin :)
Same here with needles.
Didn't feel first one but 2nd one was painful, still didn't feel that nauseous. Hope won't have to have another jab for a long time

Same here with needles.
Didn't feel first one but 2nd one was painful, still didn't feel that nauseous. Hope won't have to have another jab for a long time
When I turned 40 I got the customary NHS letter suggesting I should go in for a general checkout. It’d been 25 years since my last encounter with a needle, though wholly due to never needing one rather than refusing to see a doctor if in need.

So I managed to to talk myself into doing it and stop being a wimp. Right after the nurse had finished taking my blood, and as she started to ask the usual questions about my health and lifestyle, she suddenly took a look at my face and said ‘I think you’d better lie down on the stretcher right now’.

They kept me in for a good 25 minutes and fed me two or three glasses of sugar water. To her credit she made light of it and said plenty of people actually faint. Apparently mostly blokes as well.

However I have no problem with dentist visits or tattoos. Bloody psychological nonsense, eh?

As an aside personal note, I have quite the irrational phobia of needles regardless of whether it might be a puny vaccination or a blood test
I like getting blood drawn - it's fascinating to watch it, and it's a lovely colour. My mam was terrified of needles though - never understood why.

1 week to go for my upgrade. :) Had a message last week to say I could book earlier but had to cancel existing appointment first. Didn't think it was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom