Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it is important - the effectiveness of vaccines reduces over time, the booster is needed to increase it again.

As did my SiL - with both her own health vulnerabilities and working in a patient-facing role, plus her family's health circumstances.
Just as well she got the booster, as one of her grandkids brought the plague back from school a couple of weeks ago - and all but SiL contracted Covid ...

As did my SiL - with both her own health vulnerabilities and working in a patient-facing role, plus her family's health circumstances.
Just as well she got the booster, as one of her grandkids brought the plague back from school a couple of weeks ago - and all but SiL contracted Covid ...
I "liked" this - and then realised I shouldn't have liked a branch of your family all but one getting COVID :oops:

I "liked" this - and then realised I shouldn't have liked a branch of your family all but one getting COVID :oops:
S'OK, They are starting to recover ...
SiL has been finding some humour in the situation - including how she was telling us to keep the %%%% away from them, ufn.
Quite how she's supposed to stay isolated within the same house ...

Anyone in Wales been boosted yet?, they arent giving out any numbers in this corner of plague Island

According to the beeb piece I linked to up-thread ^^^

Scotland & Wales haven't [yet] published their figures for the boosters.
I have some friends in North Wales, so I might ask them how it's going.

NHS England has done 3 million boosters in less than a month, so a faster rate than in Dec 2020.
But, technically, they are falling behind compares with the rate at which the second jagged are passing their six-month's mark.
Keep in mind that first covid, second covid and 'normal' flu jabs are also being administered in concurrent campaigns ...

Yes I know all that
What I don’t know (of) is anyone in my circle that has even had an invite for a booster in Wales, including a number of over 70s

Didn't get mine in the end because the trial I'm on had told participants to get boosters when offered but not actually let the NHS or whoever know.
Rebooked this for tomorrow morning now they've got JCVI approval, seven months almost to the day after my second one.
So it's been signed off nationally and regionally that trial participants can be given boosters, but the doctor in charge of the local hospital's research team hasn't ticked a box somewhere to do with liability and mixing vaccines and no one there is answering the phone. Left my number with a pissed off nurse and she's going to phone me to come back once they've tracked him down. Third time lucky 🤞

Just had my booster at a local pharmacy. Really shambolic! Nobody checked I was entitled (was asked to bring NHS ID), wasn't asked about allergies or previous reactions, the vaccinator was a bit random (I'd bet she wasn't an HCP) and nobody was checking anyone was waiting the 15 mins post-jab. And all in a large tent outside the back of the pharmacy with a group of pissed men shouting at each other. And on the card where the batch number is supposed to be they just wrote 'booster' in barely legible writing!

Got the bus there and back as well, totally rammed, no distancing, barely any mask wearing, full of teenagers and more than a couple were coughing, no wonder it's rife atm.

Anyone in Wales been boosted yet?, they arent giving out any numbers in this corner of plague Island

You mean Urbs in Wales? Me on Thursday. Favouritism for being a pushy cunt who works with vulnerable kids.

You mean Welsh people generally? Yes. Loads.

Just had my booster at a local pharmacy. Really shambolic! Nobody checked I was entitled (was asked to bring NHS ID), wasn't asked about allergies or previous reactions, the vaccinator was a bit random (I'd bet she wasn't an HCP) and nobody was checking anyone was waiting the 15 mins post-jab. And all in a large tent outside the back of the pharmacy with a group of pissed men shouting at each other. And on the card where the batch number is supposed to be they just wrote 'booster' in barely legible writing!

Got the bus there and back as well, totally rammed, no distancing, barely any mask wearing, full of teenagers and more than a couple were coughing, no wonder it's rife atm.

Sorry I laughed, but that's farcical. Jesus.

Reactions: LDC
I've gone through the whole eligibility checks and med history three times now to finally get my booster so that's still a better than 100% rate per jab between us LynnDoyleCooper

Got mine done in Topshop :D

I had noticed the NHS had downgraded from the Brighton Centre to the old Top Shop store, over in Chichester they've downgraded from the leisure centre to a 'new purpose-built venue in Northgate car park', which is basically a few portacabins. :D

I had noticed the NHS had downgraded from the Brighton Centre to the old Top Shop store, over in Chichester they've downgraded from the leisure centre to a 'new purpose-built venue in Northgate car park', which is basically a few portacabins. :D

When I worked/was training as a student paramedic they closed the ambulance stations in the area and opened what they called 'Tactical redeployment and replenishing points' which sounded fancy but were shitty old portacabins, mostly on industrial estates or behind garages, with a kettle and a couple of plastic chairs in.

Yes my neighbour was part of a trial of coronavirus/flu jabs in different arms a while ago and had no problems. Info came from GP's surgery when I booked my flu jab - I asked whether they'd do covid at same time.

Back
Top Bottom