Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a text inviting me for a booster yesterday but when I tried to book online it said I wasn't eligible despite being over 50 and main carer for my Mum who is classed as vulnerable. It did say call 119 to book if I thought I was eligible, 28th May was 2nd jab. Don't want to queue jump but I'll ring in the morning

You should be eligible 180 days after your second jab i.e. 24th November. Not sure why you got a text.

Got my booster and flu jabs on Tuesday. One in each arm. No ill effects at all apart from a slightly sore COVID arm for about 12 hours.

I'll have a third one when everybody in the world has had (or been offered) two. Apart from the very vulnerable, I think it's immoral for the uk and other wealthy nations to offer third doses to their already privileged populations while so many people on Earth remain unvaccinated. We should refuse en masse out of solidarity, there's no good reason not to. I'm pretty horrified that otherwise healthy Britons are lining up for a third injection instead of insisting one after another the rest of the world gets a second, or first.

I'm amazed there is not more shouting about this.

Spot on

Although i have found you can contribute directly to GAVI if you decide to get a booster and want to help people in other countries get theirs.

In the FDA review the data showed between 3-5000 boosters are needed to avoid one hospitalisation in the US. Compare that to the number of people who would die from 5000 people infected in africa, its morally corrupt for the west to be boosting.

I agree, in an ideal world, the population in less-developed nations would be as vaccinated as everyone in the richer parts of the world.

But we don't live there yet. Most certainly, more vaccinations are needed world-wide, but the logistics are complex. As production lines are coming on stream, the development of distribution networks and actual jabbing rates are eating away at the discrepancy.

I think it is just as important for the UK's medical / care professions and those at the greatest risk to be as protected as possible, for as long as possible to reduce the strain on the NHS which is having huge problems coping with covid and all the other, normal, medical emergencies and routines.

IMO, the high case rate in the UK is an opportunity for another variant to mutate which could be even better than the current one at slipping around the present vaccine arsenal.
Which is why I'm still observing precautions and why I think indoor masks, social distancing etc and WFH should still be mandated, not just "encouraged" ...

The UK - and the World in general - has recorded a huge death toll and, again IMO, many of those deaths were preventable, especially the more recent ones.

Should be offered one through the NHS trust I work for (mid October would be my 6 month point) but I’ve not heard a whistle from them yet.

This has reminded me I need to book my flu jab though.

Just had my booster though the nurse told me that I may get contacted about getting another one :confused:. She said it was very complicated but essentially for folk who're immunosuppressed, this counts as a third primary dose and so there may still be a booster still to come.

Has anyone else been told this? (My WiFi is going to be FABULOUS by the end of this.)

BBC reporting 2 million booster jabs delivered already ...

Good start.

I had my flu jab at the GP's yesterday, apparently they are doing them on Saturdays, and covid boosters on Sundays, so as not to get in the way of normal services Mon-Fri.

Mine is due on Oct 22nd but nothing from my GP and the NHS site won't let me book either. I think a little patience might be required. :)

Just had my booster though the nurse told me that I may get contacted about getting another one :confused:. She said it was very complicated but essentially for folk who're immunosuppressed, this counts as a third primary dose and so there may still be a booster still to come.

Has anyone else been told this? (My WiFi is going to be FABULOUS by the end of this.)
I had mine yesterday morning and the HCA asked if I'd come for a booster or third dose in the case of auto immune conditions. I had the Pfizer booster (over 50 + NHS worker).

No side effects other then a sore arm. I will be looking out for eczema and feeling itchy though as that is what transpired after 1st and 2nd jabs.

Lots of nurses and care assistants at work have been ill after having covid and flu jab at the same time.

Getting more peeved now as another week passes without hearing from them. My 2nd jab was 7 months ago this week. Everyone has been done 3 times at our place apart from those of us in the north of the county. Is there anyone I can ring?

I had mine yesterday morning and the HCA asked if I'd come for a booster or third dose in the case of auto immune conditions. I had the Pfizer booster (over 50 + NHS worker).

No side effects other then a sore arm. I will be looking out for eczema and feeling itchy though as that is what transpired after 1st and second jabs.

Lots of nurses and care assistants at work have been ill after having covid and flu jab at the same time.
Yeah, that aligns with what I was told. She asked about other vaccinations and I said I'd had the flu jab last weekend and she mentioned some people were getting both at the same time.

She also mentioned the itchy injection site thing. That was my third Pfizer and I had very mild side effects the last twice so fingers crossed.

Yes - I’m immunosuppressed and was supposed to have my third shot (not booster) last Thursday as my previous jab from April is likely to have mostly worn off. Unfortunately I was busy gaining some ‘natural immunity’ last week so had to cancel. Fuck knows what I‘m supposed to do now, wait until I’m better then ask the doctor I guess.

• Sad
Reactions: Sue
Had flu jab in left arm (slightly painful as previouS) and COVID booster in right arm yesterday.

Did my 10k race this morning - knackered now - but nothing to do with the jabs I suspect.
Im sure theres a really good reason why someone who can manage a 10k race is getting a booster so early and before many including one pensioner
I know who cant even walk to the bus stop yet hasnt even been given a date....mind telling?

Im sure theres a really good reason why someone who can manage a 10k race is getting a booster so early and before many including one pensioner
I know who cant even walk to the bus stop yet hasnt even been given a date....mind telling?
That's not really any of your business, is it? :rolleyes:

(And as you probably know, the rollouts are happening at different rates in different places for a load of reasons.)

Why so jealous? Bizarre.

I'm immunosuppressed but the one I have booked for Friday is called a booster. Confusing.

Why so jealous? Bizarre.

I'm immunosuppressed but the one I have booked for Friday is called a booster. Confusing.
Yeah, mine was too until I got there -- when I checked in, the reception person made a note on my slip and then the nurse talked me through it. (I imagine you're going to be jabbed TO THE MAX too. :))

That's not really any of your business, is it? :rolleyes:

(And as you probably know, the rollouts are happening at different rates in different places for a load of reasons.)
You're right its none of my business, but if you dont ask.....and I'm not forcing an answer.

As for the differences in roll out, actually I dont know all the reasons maybe an answer to my question would have informed me of one of them.
In the end I think asking someone who is being open enougth to say in a single post that they are getting a booster very early in the program and then shortly after going on a 10k race how they are in that position is fairly reasonable

Had my booster through work (NHS acute hospital) yesterday, was pleased this morning that I only had the hurty arm, not the aching and tiredness of booster 2. However, right now I feel really nauseous. Not had that before and don’t often feel nauseous/get sick in general. Drinking coke right now as an anti emetic :thumbs:

You're right its none of my business, but if you dont ask.....and I'm not forcing an answer.

As for the differences in roll out, actually I dont know all the reasons maybe an answer to my question would have informed me of one of them.
In the end I think asking someone who is being open enougth to say in a single post that they are getting a booster very early in the program and then shortly after going on a 10k race how they are in that position is fairly reasonable
Tbf if there’s one thing this pandemic has shown time and time again, being able to run 10k is no guarantee against serious illness. :(

Edit: and of course there’s plenty of reasons why someone could be in the first wave of vaccinations/boosters and still be able to run. Healthcare professionals, people with chronic illnesses that wouldn’t impair running (at least if well controlled), people otherwise considered vulnerable, I imagine even some fit 80 year olds could manage it at their own pace.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom