Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm taking my mum tomorrow, I'm kind of hoping there's some anti vax pricks protesting. They seem to have increased their activity as the kids were invited in, if they want to upset an 87 year old I won't be happy.

I had my Pfizer booster and my under 65 flu vaccination earlier. No problems other than large queues and some real nasty, self centred, ignorant, arrogant people.
There was even some old gammon face swearing at the volunteers because it was busy.
People like that should be refused entry.
But all done, just have to avoid non mask wearers now.

Had the opposite experience when I went to get mine on Sunday, they've taken over two floors of what was a massive Topshop to use as a vaccination centre and it was full of staff/volunteers standing around looking bored. Only a few other people there to get jabbed.

Didn't get mine in the end because the trial I'm on had told participants to get boosters when offered but not actually let the NHS or whoever know.

Booked for today due to being frontline NHS staff. It’s in my gym building so I’m hopeful of no queues so I can have injection, wait & get changed & join class all in 35 minutes! Will rock up a bit earlier & hope the best.

My rock up a bit earlier was be on time & there was a queue but by sacking off the 15 minute wait I managed to make my gym class. I had Pfizer & all 3 times have had a sore arm but no other known side effects.

My rock up a bit earlier was be on time & there was a queue but by sacking off the 15 minute wait I managed to make my gym class. I had Pfizer & all 3 times have had a sore arm but no other known side effects.
Well done !

[did you change your vote in the poll ?]

My parents are going for their booster jab tomorrow, my youngest sister is taking them. My Mum was not enthusiatic about it but my sister's husband as retired and volunteers as a car park marshal at the vaccination centre. So Sister Q has told Mum Q that my BiL has 'pulled' strings to get my parents 'special' treatment. Mum Q loves this idea and is now looking forward to tomorrow.

No word of booster for me. I'd quite like one.

Had a close call last weekend where a mate I was in tested positive a couple of days later.

Actually does anyone know what the gap between #2 and #3 is meant to be? The text says eight weeks+ but when I go through to the booking site it says 180 days... :confused:

Actually does anyone know what the gap between #2 and #3 is meant to be? The text says eight weeks+ but when I go through to the booking site it says 180 days... :confused:

Minimum 6 months between 2nd & 3rd was announced, minimum 8 weeks between 1st & 2nd, so sounds like the text is wrong.

Reactions: Sue
Minimum 6 months between 2nd & 3rd was announced, minimum 8 weeks between 1st & 2nd, so sounds like the text is wrong.
Hmm, looks like for my specific thing, it may actually be eight weeks :confused:. There's a helpline number (which no-one is currently answering) but I'll try again again tomorrow...

Hmm, looks like for my specific thing, it may actually be eight weeks :confused:. There's a helpline number (which no-one is currently answering) but I'll try again again tomorrow...
Yes there is a difference between 'standard boosters' and 3rd doses for people deemed to be clinically vulnerable in specific ways. Gap between 2nd and 3rd dose for the clinically vulnerable is recommended to be 8 weeks.

Here is an example of 3rd dose being discussed:

No I haven't and it's starting to cheese me off a bit. All our Llanelli workers have either had letters or been triple jabbed. In the north of the county, nothing. My 2nd jab was on March 15th so we're slipping towards 7 months rather than 6.

In funny news Hywel Dda have cocked up and sent out loads of letters to people telling them they have to be jabbed in Aberystwyth. A mere 2.5 hours from Llanelli and in a different county.

Am I right to assume the booster jabs you get will be the same type as the initial two?
According to the NHS website

Which COVID-19 vaccine will I get?​

Most people will be offered a booster dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine or Moderna vaccine.

This means your booster dose may be different from the vaccines you had for your 1st and 2nd doses.

Some people may be offered a booster dose of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine if they cannot have the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine.

According to the NHS website

Which COVID-19 vaccine will I get?​

Most people will be offered a booster dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine or Moderna vaccine.

This means your booster dose may be different from the vaccines you had for your 1st and 2nd doses.

Some people may be offered a booster dose of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine if they cannot have the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine.
Interesting, ta

I had a Pfizer booster on Saturday around 1pm. Around 48 hours of thinking urgh this is immunity kicking in, but my arm is still aching as I write. Is it really necessary to vaccinate in the upper bicep? It's disabled my entire left shoulder freedom.

Yes there is a difference between 'standard boosters' and 3rd doses for people deemed to be clinically vulnerable in specific ways. Gap between 2nd and 3rd dose for the clinically vulnerable is recommended to be 8 weeks.

Here is an example of 3rd dose being discussed:

I was supposed to get a third jab tomorrow due to my immunosuppressant medication but have cancelled it as I currently have COVID and am only out of mandatory quarantine then, natural immunity being a good substitute I guess.

I can see the need for it, I suspect my second jab done in mid-April has long since stopped offering much protection hence the rough week or so I’ve had. The Mrs has also had a rough week, possibly worse than me for the tail end of it, but her 2nd jab was in July and she has no vulnerabilities other than Asthma and is nearly ten years younger. I guess the strain doing the rounds at the moment (Modi’s Delta or some enhanced version of it) is quite potent.

I had a Pfizer booster on Saturday around 1pm. Around 48 hours of thinking urgh this is immunity kicking in, but my arm is still aching as I write. Is it really necessary to vaccinate in the upper bicep? It's disabled my entire left shoulder freedom.
Needs to be in a large muscular area, so could also be thigh or arse, but upper arm easiest for obvious reasons.

Getting the flu jab and COVID booster Saturday, then due to run in 10k race on Sunday - will report back!

(No real issues with previous jabs so 🤞)

I had a text inviting me for a booster yesterday but when I tried to book online it said I wasn't eligible despite being over 50 and main carer for my Mum who is classed as vulnerable. It did say call 119 to book if I thought I was eligible, 28th May was 2nd jab. Don't want to queue jump but I'll ring in the morning

I'll have a third one when everybody in the world has had (or been offered) two. Apart from the very vulnerable, I think it's immoral for the uk and other wealthy nations to offer third doses to their already privileged populations while so many people on Earth remain unvaccinated. We should refuse en masse out of solidarity, there's no good reason not to. I'm pretty horrified that otherwise healthy Britons are lining up for a third injection instead of insisting one after another the rest of the world gets a second, or first.

I'm amazed there is not more shouting about this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom