Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had your booster jab (jag) ?

Have you ? Please change votes when you do ...

• Not yet

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Yes - Pfizer

Votes: 169 59.7%
  • Yes - Moderna

Votes: 78 27.6%
  • Yes - Oxford / Astra Zenicac

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Yes - other vaccine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not having one

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • comedy option ...

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't understand the not yet option, so what happens to all the not yets when they get the booster?, you can't make them dissapear from the poll, so somewhere along the process the poll ends up making a false impression

..oh hold on there's a change vote option..clever, Ive never seen that on a forum poll before, ignore my rambling (yeah I know)

I don't understand the not yet option, so what happens to all the not yets when they get the booster?, you can't make them dissapear from the poll, so somewhere along the process the poll ends up making a false impression

..oh hold on there's a change vote option..clever, Ive never seen that on a forum poll before, ignore my rambling (yeah I know)

Your edit [BiB], just as I quoted it, has saved me explaining. :thumbs:

I don't qualify as only 40. That said I'm not looking forward to it if they do roll out to under 50s because my reaction was pretty rough both times (Moderna).

I had my second AZ at end of May so I imagine I will get called for my booster end of November, flu jabs is scheduled for a week tomorrow though.

Need to sort out the flu jab, heard nothing about the booster.

I’d quite like a mix and match, I could have Astra in May and Pfizer in Sept and really knock it out of park

I had a text yesterday with a link for me to book my booster.

I wasn't sure if I'd be considered vulnerable as last winter I was for flu jabs but not for covid.

By chance and my choosing to volunteer, I had my 1st in December and my 2nd in early January (3 weeks apart).

If they're right that the effectiveness of the two jabs wanes over time, we'll it's been 9 months for me.

I'm relieved I won't have to wait, and can have my flu jab as normal in November/December. Big relief.

Not yet, will go get a booster as soon as I am invited to (or as soon as I can book it, whichever comes first).

Should be getting my flu jab next week at least - didn't get it last week due to still being slightly unwell at the tail end of whatever non-Covid lurgy I had, but will try to get my flu shot within the next few days now I am fully recovered. Then hopefully will be offered a Covid booster in the near future and be able to take up that offer with my flu jab done and dusted.

Not sure where people are getting the 'six months' betweeen second vaccination and the booster.

But my second was 22nd May, so my guess would be I'll get my booster to be due in late November.

no. not while I have decent antibodies from current jabs. Doing ONS blood testing for antibodies so will reconsider if antibody levels start to fall. GP surgery a bit rubbish - have heard nothing anyway.

I think the policy is for booster jabs to be aimed at the groups most likely to have waning immunity from their initial two vaccinations. So starting with the very elderly, frontline care/hospital staff and so on, down to the 60+ yrs old age cohort.

As per this list from Dec 2020 ...

cvd - UK's cv19 jab priority par StoneRoad2013, on ipernity

Work offered out a few drop-in dates for boosters for last week, but I only check my work emails at work, so missed them. Will check again this week.

Supposed to get my additional jab (not booster) on Oct 8th, but probably won’t now that I’ve had a positive test, I’ll only just be clear of the ten day isolation period a couple of days before, and fairly likely to still not be well at that time.

Not sure where people are getting the 'six months' betweeen second vaccination and the booster

I got a text from my gp today with a link to book a flu jab and (if eligible) a booster.
On the NHS booking page it says:

If you are booking a booster vaccine please ensure you meet the following criteria (priority groups 1-9*):
· You must be 6 months from your second vaccine;

The only dates to book were weekends in October. I only had my jab in June, so have just booked my flu one. I presume I can just book my booster in December

Ah cool, so I won't be getting my booster until early December - I will stop worrying about it for now then. At least for me, OH should be due his soon, he is in cohort 6 so had his 1st and 2nd jabs way earlier than I did - I'll remind him to ask about it at the chemist next time he's in there.

Back
Top Bottom