Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crowdfunding For inflatable Trump Baby for UK visit smashes target

Well, no, West Sussex.

But, he found some regulations, I think from national air traffic control, that allows blimps to be flown up to a certain height without permission, not sure why those wouldn't apply in London too. I certainly don't see any reason why permission from the police would be required.
Because most of central London is slap bang under the Class A ( fully controlled) airspace for Heathrow - and a bit for City- which comes right down to ground level over most of central London. The helilanes along the Thames are a very narrow and tightly controlled exception.

Which is really what you want, however much of an Anachist, given the mess an A380 and a 777 would make ofvtheu collided over the South Bank...

I really can't see this happening. Arguing about what legal right they have now is irrelevant, it assumes that the police will act in accordance with the law. In all likelihood the police will just tell them they can't fly it regardless of what legal right they have. They might win a legal challenge latter but it will be too late then.

Lobbying the fuck out of any MPs that plan on meeting Trump, along the lines of any meeting will taint the MP with children being separated from their parents at the US border should the meeting take place, Johnson might just need to nip to Afghanistan again...

I really can't see this happening. Arguing about what legal right they have now is irrelevant, it assumes that the police will act in accordance with the law. In all likelihood the police will just tell them they can't fly it regardless of what legal right they have. They might win a legal challenge latter but it will be too late then.

That's possible, although likely to create even more media attention, which they may like to avoid.

The fact that Sadiq Khan has given permission has been featured on both the BBC Breakfast & Sky News this morning, so the police may want to avoid being seen to be overruling the elected Mayor.

That's possible, although likely to create even more media attention, which they may like to avoid.

The fact that Sadiq Khan has given permission has been featured on both the BBC Breakfast & Sky News this morning, so the police may want to avoid being seen to be overruling the elected Mayor.
Poses a security risk etc. You might be right though. Another possibility is they get slapped with so many restrictions on when they can fly it that basically they can't fly anywhere near where he happens to be.

Turned Radio 4 on just now, and they were discussing this. Wasn't fully paying attention, but the spokesman for the protest seemed like an apolitical idiot. I'm sure he said something like 'Britain is still an anti-fascist country, and Trump is a fascist leader...'

Fuck's sake.

Demos often have inflatables with them. The key is to keep it low enough that it doesn’t interfere with anything.

Although the police might find some other way of stopping it.

I’m glad they’re not doing mini balloons, but I hope they do mini cardboard cut out placards of it, or something like that, so that people are walking around afterwards as well carrying them.

Because most of central London is slap bang under the Class A ( fully controlled) airspace for Heathrow - and a bit for City- which comes right down to ground level over most of central London. The helilanes along the Thames are a very narrow and tightly controlled exception.
If they ‘fly’ it up to any ‘significant’ height, ie 100+ft, then being in R157 (as it almost certainly would be), they would have to get PaDP approval and file a NOTAM. So Crispy's mentioning that they were cleared up to 30m (<100ft) would seem to be reasonable.

One is being planned of khan now i see.
The 20k has been crowdfunded, i had a peep and they are £300 short of the 20k target.
Also see on Twitter another group saying they will blow it out of the sky, the trump one

All rather silly
money could have gone to much better causes

One is being planned of khan now i see.
The 20k has been crowdfunded, i had a peep and they are £300 short of the 20k target.
Also see on Twitter another group saying they will blow it out of the sky, the trump one

All rather silly
money could have gone to much better causes
That's what everyone says when the cause isn't one they personally support.

I think that £20k of voluntarily donated money really isn't all that much in the scheme of things, and the fact that it's probably played a part (or at least the publicity surrounding it has) in Babytrump's swerving of the capital city of the country he's visiting makes it a positive bargain.

I have it on good authority that the blimp will be shot down. I'm not prepared to reveal more, so please don't ask.

Back
Top Bottom