Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crowdfunding For inflatable Trump Baby for UK visit smashes target

Univrsal Credit is going to decimate millions of the poor/low waged, where is the mass march for that, resources like the above. It could be May's Poll tax, but will they join the above in fighting it, but atm, its anti-TRUMP! and more TRUMP! The last time the liberal left/middle class(like those involved in this) made common cause with the working class/poor was the Poll Tax, I know well off people who were prepared to lose their homes in solidarity, compare that with the lack of support with the Bedroom Tax,
But the answer to that isn't finding ways to get the middle class on board, it's achieving working class solidarity.

the success of the poll tax campaign was based on the fact that the poll tax affected everyone, which couldn't until recently be said of council tax and certainly can't be said of universal credit.
Not to mention the fact that we had to actively pay the Poll Tax, whereas bedroom tax or universal credit simply take money away from people without them doing anything.

Trump Baby

New stretch target

We originally thought that if we raised more money than we needed, we could give out mini-Trump Baby balloons to well wishers on the 13th, but a lot of people got in touch to say that even biodegradable balloons pose a serious hazard to wildlife, so after surveying supporters we ditched that goal.

So instead of 1000 tiny balloons, we have ordered a half-size Trump Baby designed to be filled with air - he's made from thicker plastic so he's a lot less fragile than the big boy - meaning he can join in the protests and knock about with people in the crowds.

BUT people have have been SO generous and supportive that we now have WAY more money than we can sensibly spend just on Trump's UK visit in July! So - Trump Baby is going on World Tour!

All the details are still TBC but once little Donald has been run out of Britain in July, we will start to put together an itinerary - so if your community is unlucky enough to be expecting a visit from the orange sex pest, please get in touch after the 14th.

We now plan to keep this crowdfunder rolling so that we can cover the shipping and helium costs to get #TrumpBaby to follow little Donald around the world, haunting his diplomatic engagements wherever he goes! #TrumpBaby can become a permanent feature of this dreadful Presidency, a constant, unmissable reminder of the contempt with which this embarrassment of a man is held by everyone outside of his deranged, bigoted base.

If we can troll Donald from the skies wherever he goes for long enough, he'll start seeing #TrumpBaby in his dreams! Every penny and cent we receive from here on in will go towards making this vision a reality. Thank you!

It's a lovely story which would only be improved if it was tethered to the building that Trump is visiting and it worked as a marvellous lightning conductor.

Univrsal Credit is going to decimate millions of the poor/low waged, where is the mass march for that, resources like the above. It could be May's Poll tax, but will they join the above in fighting it, but atm, its anti-TRUMP! and more TRUMP! The last time the liberal left/middle class(like those involved in this) made common cause with the working class/poor was the Poll Tax, I know well off people who were prepared to lose their homes in solidarity, compare that with the lack of support with the Bedroom Tax,
Off topic. :D

That's good, but I don't understand this bit...

The police and national air traffic service have the final say on whether the unflattering portrayal of the President can take to the skies.

The guy I know that flies a blimp above his garage, didn't need permission from the police nor national air traffic service, he just had to prove to the council that he didn't need their permission.

The guy I know that flies a blimp above his garage, didn't need permission from the police nor national air traffic service, he just had to prove to the council that he didn't need their permission.

Is this in London though? I would have thought things are pretty strict in and around the centre of London.

Is this in London though? I would have thought things are pretty strict in and around the centre of London.

Well, no, West Sussex.

But, he found some regulations, I think from national air traffic control, that allows blimps to be flown up to a certain height without permission, not sure why those wouldn't apply in London too. I certainly don't see any reason why permission from the police would be required.

Can't drag up much enthusiasm for this - it will piss off Trump, so that is a plus point, but he'll just rant about liberals, and fake news, and his supporters will lap it up .
I am pretty meh about it too.

Originally they asked for £5k for a 6m balloon
That's why a group of us have chipped in and raised enough money to have a 6 meter high blimp made by a professional inflatables company, to be flown in the skies over Parliament Square during Trump's visit.
Then they wanted to waste helium and send out 1,000 more bits of plastic. They were quickly educated and are now using the £17k (over triple the original target) to purchase a 'half size' version of their original proposal :hmm:
So instead of 1000 tiny balloons, we have ordered a half-size Trump Baby designed to be filled with air - he's made from thicker plastic so he's a lot less fragile than the big boy

Anyone know who this mob are? They come across like a few junior PR execs looking to 'make an impact'

I am pretty meh about it too.

Originally they asked for £5k for a 6m balloon

Then they wanted to waste helium and send out 1,000 more bits of plastic. They were quickly educated and are now using the £17k (over triple the original target) to purchase a 'half size' version of their original proposal :hmm:

Anyone know who this mob are? They come across like a few junior PR execs looking to 'make an impact'

Sounds like the Garden Bridge crowd.

So the original mockup on pg.1 was a bit of an exaggeration then?
The first photo? About right, if it's floating from a barge in front of the buidling.

86bc19f29608d1b0d6f5ffc02ca23af51468c61d.jpg

That's good, but I don't understand this bit...

probably wasn't in area under police and media helicopter attention tbf

Back
Top Bottom