Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Japanese attitudes towards immigration vs UK

It's true we live in an era in which things are done in a more 'civilised' manner, that is to say, without the need for overt violence. But the end result will be the same - the Japanese culture erased.

British culture hasn't been erased by immigration. What makes Japanese culture so much more vulnerable?

The Japanese have three choices, get seriously cracking on the advanced robotics front, start churning out lots more kids or accept immigrants and all the changes to their culture that will cause. If the last results in significant changes to Japanese culture then so be it. Immigration will change Japan and Japan will change the immigrants, the same as it has done here. Seen from over here there is a certain misty eyedness about them being exotic forrins but no culture has any more right to continue than any other.
Or, tax the rich and have a smaller population, like Ska and I mentioned above. Why was that not one of your options?

British culture hasn't been erased by immigration. What makes Japanese culture so much more vulnerable?

It's still hanging on for now, but in 50 years time there will be no traditional British culture. Maybe you're right though. Who cares about sentimental things like history, culture, and identity? Fuck the British. Fuck the Japanese. Right?

You making out that Japanese culture is special and it would be a shame if it was spoiled by newcomers.

Actually I said it would be a shame if it were spoiled by "the homogeneous blob of global corporatism" - i.e. a nowhere 'culture' in which people are just economic units, shifted around as global Capital sees fit. Everyone just be a replaceable cog.

It's still hanging on for now, but in 50 years time there will be no traditional British culture. Maybe you're right though. Who cares about sentimental things like history, culture, and identity? Fuck the British. Fuck the Japanese. Right?

Culture evolves. Even "traditions" change over time. What British traditions have disappeared that can be blamed on immigration, as opposed to British people themselves simply moving on? Come on now, be specific.

Explain why
You are getting confused between culture and people. Culture is what people do. And it is ever-changing. I don’t use phrases, vocabulary and syntax my grandparents did. My accent is not the same as theirs was. And the same was true of them and their grandparents.

English speakers don’t speak like Shakespeare, or Chaucer, or Beowulf. Italian speakers don’t speak like Cicero. Japanese speakers don’t speak like Dōshō. Culture evolves.

Furthermore, humans migrate. We have done so since before our species existed. Homo erectus left Africa long before H sapiens did.

Nobody is killing off Japanese people. People continue to live. In the future they will speak differently, dress differently, eat different recipes. This happens anyway. It’s always happened.

I raise my beaker to the rich tapestry.

1720727564593.jpeg

Actually I said it would be a shame if it were spoiled by "the homogeneous blob of global corporatism" - i.e. a nowhere 'culture' in which people are just economic units, shifted around as global Capital sees fit. Everyone just be a replaceable cog.
You also talked bollocks about the people being killed off and replaced.

If you don't like immigration and migrants, just say so.

Do you live here?

Or, tax the rich and have a smaller population, like Ska and I mentioned above. Why was that not one of your options?
That's a fourth option and yes a smaller balanced population is better in the long term but key phrase is long term. Japan apparently has a serious population imbalance with way too many older people for the number of young ones. They will still need caring for whether that's done by robots, younger Japanese or immigrants. Of course by the time enough older Japanese have died to get the balance right, the immigrant population will be established with an ever growing number being born there considering themselves as much Japanese as the ethnic ones. All the Indians I know in this country consider themselves British first and Indians second, I daresay Japan will see the same phenomenon.

Culture evolves. Even "traditions" change over time. What British traditions have disappeared that can be blamed on immigration, as opposed to British people themselves simply moving on? Come on now, be specific.
brutality, exploitation, theft of treasure & resources and anti-catholism- seem to be british traditions on the wane.

When I were a kid takeway food consisted of fish and chips. I think it's pretty cool I can get Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Italian or Thai food whenever I want. Funnily enough I can still get fish and chips as well.

It's true we live in an era in which things are done in a more 'civilised' manner, that is to say, without the need for overt violence. But the end result will be the same - the Japanese culture erased.

Culture is people. People are not being erased in this process.

And you're just another western imperialist, thinking that you can impose your values on others. And you don't even see how you're doing it.

Who's imposing anything? The Japanese government are the ones who control immigration. We can make all arguments we like from here, but the decision is ultimately up to them.

Back
Top Bottom