Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is a revolution possible in the UK?

To what can the American Revolution be attributed to? A view thatvthe governed become oppressive?

The standard of living in 18th century America was good ; no threat from global warming
I think the "American Revolution" my have had an element of class struggle in it.

To what can the American Revolution be attributed to? A view thatvthe governed become oppressive?

The standard of living in 18th century America was good ; no threat from global warming
Quite. The little ice age produced quite a contrary threat. But who was this standard of living good for?

I think modern day UK should study the American Revolution very carefully and learn the appropriate lessons therefrom.
Is the class struggle against an imperialistic colonizer ever discussed in England?

I think modern day UK should study the American Revolution very carefully and learn the appropriate lessons therefrom.
Is the class struggle against an imperialistic colonizer ever discussed in England?
Actually, starting with analysis of British society might be best: which would include the aspect you refer to.

No it doesn't. The fact one country has less exorbitant taxes than anothers doesnt exclude that their taxation is still exorbitant, its a subjective term anyway and in this context is a perfectly reasonable description.
That's a really stupid post, poor bcuster could have done without your abject assistance

A successful struggle by the American bourgeoisie against monarchy and colonialism which led to the establishment of a ruling class of property holding ex-colonists. and the introduction of voting by property-holding men over 21. Although there was no change in the mode of production the overthrow of the rule of the British monarchy and British Parliament allowed the American bourgeoisie to develop trade and industry abolishing some vestiges of the former British aristocracy's feudal traditions.

A successful struggle by the American bourgeoisie against monarchy and colonialism which led to the establishment of a ruling class of property holding ex-colonists. and the introduction of voting by property-holding men over 21. Although there was no change in the mode of production the overthrow of the rule of the British monarchy and British Parliament allowed the American bourgeoisie to develop trade and industry abolishing some vestiges of the former British aristocracy's feudal traditions.
Well said

Back
Top Bottom