Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Snooker Championship 2022

yes...though he also looks so twitchy with cleaning the balls, picking flecks off the table, complaining about people moving, nail biting, leaving the auditorium etc

he's always got his ticks, but maybe i havent seen him for a while but does seem on edge

anyhow final is on!!

He's an absolute perfectionist. He even makes sure the suede on his cue tip is kept without hairy bits. Not only does he chalk the cue tip, he uses very fine sandpaper too.

I've always wondered just how much controversy there is in terms of officiating, compared to other sports where there can be a lot of debate about over the line or not, fouls, etc.

Only thing I can think of outside of very unusual circumstances would be the 'miss' rule, but even then it feels like actual controversies around that don't come up that often?
They've tidied up the miss rule. Nowadays it doesn't matter how hard the snooker is. If you foul it's a miss every time until you need snookers yourself.

It's harsh but kind of fair - the best solution to what is something of a weakness of the game. And it's removed nearly all ref discretion, and so controversy.

I watched the taylor Davis final frame a few months ago and counted six fouls that would have been misses today.

It's the speed of O'Sullivans brain that impresses me as much as his skill. You can see in real time him flicking through angles, pace, power and positions in his head as he strides around the table. It's so captivating to watch even when he isn't making huge breaks.

think Ronnie swore after that last shot
and the ref pull him on

and ronnie might of said fuck off

:D

Last edited:
Ronnie is playing very well. A joy to watch tbh.
He is, but it's far from flawless. Trump's making it easy for him.

Hendry is my favourite commentator, I think. Cos of who he is, he can criticise everything and he's usually right. I think he's dead right that Trump needs to go for his shots. If he keeps missing, he loses quickly, but if he doesn't even try, he just loses a bit more slowly.

He is, but it's far from flawless. Trump's making it easy for him.

Hendry is my favourite commentator, I think. Cos of who he is, he can criticise everything and he's usually right. I think he's dead right that Trump needs to go for his shots. If he keeps missing, he loses quickly, but if he doesn't even try, he just loses a bit more slowly.
Aye, would probably be happy with just him and Davis, really.

so, have we ever collectively decided whether Murphy is a tory or not?

Back
Top Bottom