Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2022-23

Entertaining if not particularly high quality match between Hendry and Morgan on iplayer and red button now

I go to iplayer - categories- sports then it's there on the front page

I liked Steve Davis in the world finals recounting Alex Higgins quote that he'd "rather play snooker against Idi Amin" than against Davis.

He was once famously described as "like a young Friar Tuck" by the commentator as he bent over the table and his ever expending bald spot hove into view
Yeah, he plugged up didn't he. I think one of the first people who did. And maybe had it done badly and then done again?

Reactions: Ax^
I liked Steve Davis in the world finals recounting Alex Higgins quote that he'd "rather play snooker against Idi Amin" than against Davis.
I seem to remember during that glory days of snooker doc the Beeb did there was reference to Higgins recommending "shoving the fucking cue up the ginger cunt's arse".

I'd be interested to know details of why they did it, thats a lot of just Chinese players :hmm: my first thought was cohesion, organised crimanals.

Fucking bonkers.

Aye - Yan Bingtao is only 22/23 with a 5yr ban.
The question is, can he/they return to their previous form after such a long time away and would one want to?
The whispers. The doubts of everyone as to whether you're legit now. Do people really learn their lesson? Are they susceptible to pressure?

I'd be interested to know details of why they did it, thats a lot of just Chinese players :hmm: my first thought was cohesion, organised crimanals.

Fucking bonkers.
AYE - Same here - there was talk of organised crime being involved when the suspensions happened in January. Does make you wonder.

The summary of the WSPBA findings doesn't mention it but there is a 60-page pdf of the full case notes etc on their website if you fancy a read.

2023 CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE SNOOKER | RANKING | TABLE 2​

This is available on the Matchroom Live youtube channel if you're interested, snooker types:

Just discovered it was on while testing some new headphones so I haven't seen any of it myself yet.

2023 CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE SNOOKER | RANKING | TABLE 2​

This is available on the Matchroom Live youtube channel if you're interested, snooker types:

Just discovered it was on while testing some new headphones so I haven't seen any of it myself yet.

It looks like the Steve Davis Tribute Tournament, where everyone has to die their hair ginger.

The 2023 Shanghai Masters runs from September 11-17, the first WST event in mainland China since 2019.

Ronnie O’Sullivan is aiming to take the title for the fourth consecutive time, in an all-star field for this 24-player invitation event. For the draw and format click here.

Here’s the list of broadcasters:

Europe (including UK)
Eurosport
discovery+

China
CCTV5 (including Macau)
Superstar online
Migu
Youku
Huya.com

Hong Kong China
Now TV

All other territories
matchroom.live

Dunno if that's the free Eurosport channels which I can see on Sky or what.
🤞

Googles: yes it is on Eurosport 1, at 2am, 2 hours of play from the day before

Sky 412 and 413 are Eurosport 1 & 2,
I think it is still included with Virgin,
dunno about Freeview

The Cazoo British Open runs from today, September 25th, to October 1st at The Centaur in Cheltenham

It's on ITV 4 @ 12:45 this aft. ITV tend to switch the channel throughout a competition so this might be useful for finding showings:

Back
Top Bottom