Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Snooker Championship 2022

ah should not take away from Ronnie confriming himself as the best fella to pick up a snooker que

In the end, Trump actually ended up with the second highest frame count against O'Sullivan in the latter's seven winning finals:

014f00c6-abd8-480c-aab2-2857cff498a7.png

The thing about Ronnie is he’s won his world titles over such a long period - 21 years is about the length of 2 careers, and would have won many more but some years his heart wasn’t really in it.

The other thing is while Hendry's record might yet be broken by Ronnie, neither of them is going to have anyone else get close. Also, Ronnie's record 147 is still just over 5 minutes of the highest quality of sportsing you will ever see

Reactions: Ax^
He's not been in a good place at various periods. Sure that cost him a few more world titles. Good to see him doing ok right now by the looks of it. He's had the wisdom to ask for help, and to ask for it from people who are quite different from him - first Ray Reardon then Steve Peters. Him and Reardon was an interesting one. People forget that Reardon was, for his time, a very attacking player and break builder. But he was also a master tactician, and Ronnie wanted to learn that from him. Credit to him for that.

Looks to me that Trump is on a similar development path with his game. Trump will win a few more WCs, I'm sure.

Circa 2002, if you’d asked me which of this crop of players would still be playing at the top of the game in 20 years, Ronnie would have been very bottom of my list. The fact that he has managed to continually reinvent himself, find ways to overcome his demons and keep on discovering new depths of focus really is a tribute to him.

My wife, quite new to snooker, yesterday: I don't know if I really like Ronnie or if he's a bit of a dick.
Me: Yep, that's correct.

I think the "it doesn't matter" attitude that keeps him sane can come across as arrogant. And then he wins and you see that he does care after all.

He's one of the best sportsman/woman ever
Definitely. Those football players barely get their balls in pockets that are way bigger, and they don't even have to use a stick. Golfers get three or four shots a go.

No I don't remember. How are you being polite?
No ronnie was being polite. He used to knock about with a Muslim boxer, maybe Prince naseem.
They were out with his mates one night and they kind of convinced him to convert- he didn't really want to but went down the mosque with them to be polite as I say.
That's my recollection anyway

oh course ronnie is a fuck up

lets not condemn the fella for it

it work out in the end

No ronnie was being polite. He used to knock about with a Muslim boxer, maybe Prince naseem.
They were out with his mates one night and they kind of convinced him to convert- he didn't really want to but went down the mosque with them to be polite as I say.
That's my recollection anyway
aaah i see what you mean now, thanks

Back
Top Bottom