Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2022-23

not a massive snooker fan do people dislike selby or just like the man who never won anything at the crucible have a dream come true story

hmm and what appears to be something wrong with his wife

fair play to luca for offering support to the pair on the moment of his victory

seems a lovely bloke as well as great snooker player

Awwww sweet. Gefeliciteerd.

I know people don't like Virgo but generally snooker commentary adds most to any game.

Reactions: Ax^
Awwww sweet. Gefeliciteerd.

I know people don't like Virgo but generally snooker commentary adds most to any game.
Yeah dislike him but great commentator. I thought last year there were some articles about him being cancelled? I had a feeling that was bollocks.

Great final, great result, Belgians really are the cultural cousins of Britain, DnB, Darts, Es, Snooker :D

I recall last year Ronnie pointing out, with some justification, that there were no young fellas in the game. Its the same old bastards who've been around for Donkey's years.

Looks like the next generation are finally coming through, and how

ronnie bigging up younger players who play an open style might just be him amusing himself

ronnie gives not fuck anymore

Great stuff from Luca Brecel. It was a bit of a love-in at the end, which I don't wholly approve of in sport :D, but it was nice to see. Mark Selby will have won over a fair few people in that final, and his 147 was the first one I've ever watched 'live', so that was great.

Also great to see Si coming through. When potters like him and Brecel are firing, it's stupendous to watch. On balance, I'm glad Si didn't beat Brecel as I think Selby would have beaten Si in the final. Si still needs to learn how to play safety. I thought Brecel would wilt on Monday, but aside from a late wobble, caused mostly by the excellence of his opponent, he kept it all together. And the contrast in styles did make for an intriguing final.

The style of Brecel and Si might change player shot selection during a break from now on. If they see the chance to continue the break, they take it, even if it's high-risk. That's something that's already changed a fair bit in snooker since the 80s, due to the likes of Hendry and O'Sullivan, but it's going to change a little bit more now.

Great stuff from Luca Brecel. It was a bit of a love-in at the end, which I don't wholly approve of in sport :D, but it was nice to see. Mark Selby will have won over a fair few people in that final, and his 147 was the first one I've ever watched 'live', so that was great.

Also great to see Si coming through. When potters like him and Brecel are firing, it's stupendous to watch. On balance, I'm glad Si didn't beat Brecel as I think Selby would have beaten Si in the final. Si still needs to learn how to play safety. I thought Brecel would wilt on Monday, but aside from a late wobble, caused mostly by the excellence of his opponent, he kept it all together. And the contrast in styles did make for an intriguing final.

The style of Brecel and Si might change player shot selection during a break from now on. If they see the chance to continue the break, they take it, even if it's high-risk. That's something that's already changed a fair bit in snooker since the 80s, due to the likes of Hendry and O'Sullivan, but it's going to change a little bit more now.

I think Si has colossal talent.

I might be misremembering but wasn't Si well ahead and missed one important shot which seemed to affect him so he lost the next several.

Tony Drago never learned a safety game because he thought it was boring. I think Si will be smarter than that. Brecel's safety was pretty good. And he just got down and played it immediately most of the time. Si also has that kind of snooker brain - how he sees shots when break building shows that.

Luca's really fucking up the "Famous Belgians" quiz question, along with Wout van Aert, Remco Evenepoel and dozens of footballers from the last dozen or so years.

Back
Top Bottom