Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Snooker Championship 2022

I'm enjoying this Ronnie vs Mark Allen match so far. Hopefully Allen can get back in it a bit in this session but he's played a few loose shots this morning.

Zhao did this one tricks shot off the blue to get a snooker that was something else.
That one where screwed about two feet across, tight behind the black? Yes, that should definitely be in shot of the tournament contention, even if he did end up losing the frame.

Selby looked rusty again this afternoon, although he's level with Yan after the first session.

Mark Allen a bit unlucky in this match really - Ronnie though, still got it. So intimidating to play against.

The first mini session of Trump-McGill was very hard going, with the first three frames taking about 1hr45, and the highest break a 30. Trump looked well off his best, although I see he's just levelled up to have it 3-3.

Someone really needs to tell Dennis Taylor to hold the mic further from his mouth. We can hear his old man breathing whilst the players are down on the shot.

Not been following the thread because I've been running a bit behind but the Selby Yan game is gripping. I don't always enjoy safety dominated games but there have been a couple of really good ones.

It's a bit odd that probably the three form players of the first two rounds are all 46 or older.
Old school! Back in the old old old days, pre tv coverage, they said it took till you were about 40 to learn all the tactics.

Something I've noticed is how smashing into the pack off the blue has gone out of fashion. Hendry did it all the time. Nowadays it's all about finishing low on a red and nudging out other reds as you run through for the black.

I reckon this match on TV of Robertson v Lisowski or the thunder from down under v Jack pot if you prefer should be good

Lisowski has made a couple of jaw dropping (well did for me) couple of shots to keep break going. Even more impressive after Robertson's maximum and drawing ahead again.

Lisowski has made a couple of jaw dropping (well did for me) couple of shots to keep break going. Even more impressive after Robertson's maximum and drawing ahead again.
definitely...id like to support lisowski but the Economist/Times things has put me off him a bit!!
brave play this session

?
I searched Lisowski Economist/Times things and all that came up was:

from his wiki
Lisowski: "A keen reader, he lists The Times as his favourite newspaper and The Economist as his favourite magazine. "
:(

both players played so well throughout and both nerve wracked in this decider

Back
Top Bottom