Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine invasion memes and viral content

277790319_2920404304851172_950754927862715274_n.jpg
Is that one real or photoshopped? Am looking at it on my phone screen, so too small to tell properly, and tbh, the Ukrainian farmers tractor brigade have done some pretty epic stuff, so I feel like I can't completely rule this out.

Is that one real or photoshopped? Am looking at it on my phone screen, so too small to tell properly, and tbh, the Ukrainian farmers tractor brigade have done some pretty epic stuff, so I feel like I can't completely rule this out.
I expect it is shopped. Don't know where they would be taking it or taken it from.

Meanwhile someone doing their civic duty and clearing litter from the local park.

FQeGKcbWYAw3r8I

I'd be prepared to accept that as real. It's a MiG-23, so pretty ancient even by Soviet standards and was quite possibly just found rusting in a warehouse somewhere. I mean, that looks like a red star on the tail fin and that probably represents the last time it flew.

Edit: Looks like they've moved back to using a red star again, but with red, white and blue outline. But only from post-2010, and I'm pretty sure the last time that thing flew was before then.

I'd be prepared to accept that as real. It's a MiG-23, so pretty ancient even by Soviet standards and was quite possibly just found rusting in a warehouse somewhere. I mean, that looks like a red star on the tail fin and that probably represents the last time it flew.

Edit: Looks like they've moved back to using a red star again, but with red, white and blue outline. But only from post-2010, and I'm pretty sure the last time that thing flew was before then.
Probably a gate guardian or from a kiddies playground or something. If it is actually Ukraine and recent maybe they could do with getting it airborne given they’re somewhat short on aircraft!

That looks odd. Like it’s already been gutted for refurb or already derelict or something. I don’t believe someone lived there.

Obviously doesn’t make anything better.
If you look at more photos of bomb/artillery damaged buildings you'll see that the blast can shake off all the plaster from the walls, and bring down the ceiling too, when it's not bringing down walls and floors. It's horrific. No reason to doubt the authenticity of this on the basis of absence of plaster.

Attachments

• 1650213692009.png
    1650213692009.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
'Он сначал с 'Курском' и закончил без 'Москвы' is another one I've heard - 'He started with 'Kursk' and finished without 'Moscow' .

My Russian is not 100% so might be some grammatical errors in the sentence

One thing I have learnt from this conflict is that Slavic languages are just as, if not more, sweary than English. I thought we (Irl/UK) were the world leaders at throwing fucks into people but no!

The Ukrainians are flinging almost as many fucks at the Russians as they are Javelins.

One thing I have learnt from this conflict is that Slavic languages are just as, if not more, sweary than English. I thought we (Irl/UK) were the world leaders at throwing fucks into people but no!

The Ukrainians are flinging almost as many fucks at the Russians as they are Javelins.
It's certainly sorted out my pronunciation of 'itty na khuy' (the phrase erroneously translated as 'go fuck yourself, it's literally 'go to cock', maybe 'go and get fucked' but definitely not reflexive). I'd been putting the stress in the wrong place completely.

Putting this here cos a mural doesn't really seem substantial enough to go in the main "fascism" thread, but anyway, nice mural:

Seen someone suggesting it's in Russian rather than Ukrainian, I couldn't confirm that either way though? (eta: wait, is the use of е rather than ї for Kiev/Kyiv a giveaway there?)

You've missed out, Eastern Europe is basically an exporter of curse words and swearing. Don't think I've ever known one who didn't curse like an absolute boss.

Putting this here cos a mural doesn't really seem substantial enough to go in the main "fascism" thread, but anyway, nice mural:

Seen someone suggesting it's in Russian rather than Ukrainian, I couldn't confirm that either way though? (eta: wait, is the use of е rather than ї for Kiev/Kyiv a giveaway there?)

It's in Russian. I think it says 'Kiev Stompers'

You've missed out, Eastern Europe is basically an exporter of curse words and swearing. Don't think I've ever known one who didn't curse like an absolute boss.

I’ve worked around plenty of Poles and “kurva” (sp?) is omnipresent but I’m not at all familiar with cyrillic speakers. Blyat seems to mean similar.

One hell of a detour.

A plane sent from Moscow to collect expelled Russian diplomats from Spain and then onto Greece was forced to make a 15,000km detour because of an EU flight ban
, according to data obtained by FlightRadar.

“While Spain and Greece made a one-time exception for the aircraft to enter their airspace, the flights navigated around other countries that maintain bans on Russian flights,” the flight tracking website said.

“The total length of the flights was 15,163 km, just shy of the current world’s longest flight between Singapore and New York.” LINK

2g.jpg

1c.jpg

Out of curiosity, what would have happened if Spain and Greece had refused access to the airspace?

Technically, that detour is something like 7200km, not 15000km. True, they had to fly 15,200 km but they would have had to fly 8000km anyway

Yep, the Guardian got the figure wrong, mixing up the total round trip figure with the detour amount.

Out of curiosity, what would have happened if Spain and Greece had refused access to the airspace?

The Russian diplomats would have had to find a different route home, over land, or flying to a non-EU country for an onward flight.

Back
Top Bottom