Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine invasion memes and viral content

I mean I get it, but the fucker still seems to be pretty popular. :(
I don't think you can trust Russian opinion polling. If you grew up in the Soviet Union and are watching your country slide back into totalitarianism you're going to say 'Putin' and 'yes to war' when the phone rings. Of course that doesn't mean they're going to do anything about it or even that they won't vote for him, just that when change comes there won't be too many objections.

I don't think you can trust Russian opinion polling. If you grew up in the Soviet Union and are watching your country slide back into totalitarianism you're going to say 'Putin' and 'yes to war' when the phone rings. Of course that doesn't mean they're going to do anything about it or even that they won't vote for him, just that when change comes there won't be too many objections.

I know, but I'm not sure this the case here. It's statistically useless, but the despair about his country men some I follow on Quora had really rammed it home.

But then imagine the support for the West's wars earlier this century. Yes people were opposed, but they were so far from a majority.

Just seen this joke:

A man in Moscow walks past the Kremlin and says, 'Fuck that bastard.'
He's immediately arrested by plain clothes FSB agents. 'I meant the American president!' he says.
'Oh come on, everyone knows what bastard you meant!'

Reminds me of an old Soviet joke I heard.

2 KGB officers are talking and one says to the other "tell me comrade what do you truly feel about of our government?" The second answers "I feel exactly the same as you comrade". And so the first one arrests him.

I know, but I'm not sure this the case here. It's statistically useless, but the despair about his country men some I follow on Quora had really rammed it home.

But then imagine the support for the West's wars earlier this century. Yes people were opposed, but they were so far from a majority.
Mobilising the public behind the army is no stranger to us in this country, all that sport are troops stuff and giant poppies. Plus those new laws giving legal protection to murdering squaddies.

edit: Is this a Russian produced video or a Ukrainian?

Description google translate: "Friends, our product is created solely by the creative energy of enthusiastic enthusiasts. So we ask for distribution, likes and comments, as well as a subscription to the channel.
You have the opportunity to help financially - we will be happy. We have a lot of great ideas that need to be implemented."

So independent video thing I suppose (taken at face value). Says Lviv, but anyone's guess. How did you find it? Less than 10,000 views, only video on the channel, comments turned off.

Description google translate: "Friends, our product is created solely by the creative energy of enthusiastic enthusiasts. So we ask for distribution, likes and comments, as well as a subscription to the channel.
You have the opportunity to help financially - we will be happy. We have a lot of great ideas that need to be implemented."

So independent video thing I suppose (taken at face value). Says Lviv, but anyone's guess. How did you find it? Less than 10,000 views, only video on the channel, comments turned off.
Clips of it are on Twitter. I thought it might be dodgy but found a link to a Ukraine supporting Facebook page that had the link to the youtube

4dbf49fe73cdbbf5b46347045ff2ceb91c582999.pnj

Clips of it are on Twitter. I thought it might be dodgy but found a link to a Ukraine supporting Facebook page that had the link to the youtube

I mean a link from a random facebook page isn't really a good measure of 'not dodgy'. Been removed from youtube now.

Back
Top Bottom