Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

you post but you haven't engaged brain. it's like the ss turning mob-handed to the russians and saying please forgive our former behaviour. like the auxies and black and tans saying to michael collins please sir can we join your mob. and there is no way on god's green earth that the russians are going to vote for someone like yer man in charge of wagner. a group so dismal they don't even have their own logistics.
That sounds fair.

The accusation has been leveled at me many times. 👍

Im wondering about the reluctance of western nations to outright pin the blame on russia for the dam breach - (this just in - it was russia). Is it becasue they would then have to do something about it and are not prepated to go any further in the escalation stakes (i.e. internatioanl humanitarian intervention - with the backing of force to stop shit like russia shelling the disaster area)? What Russia has done is not far off setting off a nuke in the destruction stakes.
The stench of malice that hangs over the breaching of the dam is what makes me suspect the hand of vlad. As for the west, I think they're waiting to see how far Ukraine gets with the offensive - and they're agnostic at best about the chances of that offensive. I suspect that if it gets "thus far and no further", there will be a "quiet word" in Zelensky's ear, telling him to be a good boy and accept the de facto partition of Ukraine.

Which I doubt he'll accept.

The stench of malice that hangs over the breaching of the dam is what makes me suspect the hand of vlad. As for the west, I think they're waiting to see how far Ukraine gets with the offensive - and they're agnostic at best about the chances of that offensive. I suspect that if it gets "thus far and no further", there will be a "quiet word" in Zelensky's ear, telling him to be a good boy and accept the de facto partition of Ukraine.

If that happens what would Zelensky do? Conscript pensioners?

Great opening sentence for an AI Sherlock Holmes story

Several posters on here will find it hard to adjust to civvy street when it's all over.

After the grandkids have gone, quietly climbing up to the attic. The old tin box with 'FELLA' in white print.... Taking out the NAFO cap badge, the piece of downed Sukhoi bought for a mere $1000, the receipt and pic of a shell painted with 'from a fella' and the Moskva stamp. Sitting there with these memories of times long passed and weeping for comrades left in the battlegrounds of twitter and reddit. :(

There is another for baseless speculation.
We could move three quarters of this thread there.
Peel off the gratuitous insults and pile on’s by neckbeards with subs to Janes military magazines, plus throw out the wank about Putins health. It would be a tidier thread.

You forgot to mention the removal of all your contributions to this thread.

You forgot to mention the removal of all your contributions to this thread.
It's posts like this that lard the thread that ought never to have been posted. What do you think this sort of thing adds? If you're going to be rude to TopCat could you do the rest of us the courtesy of at least trying to make your insults entertaining instead of sharing banal drivel of which you should be ashamed

After the grandkids have gone, quietly climbing up to the attic. The old tin box with 'FELLA' in white print.... Taking out the NAFO cap badge, the piece of downed Sukhoi bought for a mere $1000, the receipt and pic of a shell painted with 'from a fella' and the Moskva stamp. Sitting there with these memories of times long passed and weeping for comrades left in the battlegrounds of twitter and reddit. :(
Maps and arrows, Russian logistics. Tank reversal speeds.

Back
Top Bottom