Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Interesting little nibble from the normally reliable ChrisO_wiki on twitter - Civilian Police officers from the 'Breakaway Republic' of Donetsk have been press-ganged into either joining, or becoming, some form of auxiliary military unit in order to resist the Ukrainians...

Interesting little nibble from the normally reliable ChrisO_wiki on twitter - Civilian Police officers from the 'Breakaway Republic' of Donetsk have been press-ganged into either joining, or becoming, some form of auxiliary military unit in order to resist the Ukrainians...

Anywhere else in the world, this would be a clear sign of desperation, maybe even defeat. In this case, though, it may just be another example of "the Russian way of doing things".

And the desperate can still win - remember the time in the Tigray war when the TDF were nearly on the outskirts of Addis Ababa, and that bastard Abiy Ahmed went out to the front lines.

Would Ukraine concede land for a settlement? It seems unlikely that Russia will enter into peace talks without some kind of win given its losses. And even if that was palatable for Ukraine what would prevent Russia from walking away, re-arming and then going in for another bite a few years down the road? Seems an impossible situation tbh.

What do you see as the solution?
Solution sounds a bit Mein Kamp for me but a negotiated settlement maybe based on the Minsk agreements and an immediate ceasefire would likely save thousands of lives. Lots of peace plans have been floated and all dismissed by the lunatic Zelensky. I think he will have to go before anything gets done.

Solution sounds a bit Mein Kamp for me but a negotiated settlement maybe based on the Minsk agreements and an immediate ceasefire would likely save thousands of lives. Lots of peace plans have been floated and all dismissed by the lunatic Zelensky. I think he will have to go before anything gets done.
Putin basically tore up the Minsk agreement so that’s probably a non runner.

If Zelensky is a lunatic what does that make the war criminal Putin and his murderous cohorts?

If Zelensky is a lunatic what does that make the war criminal Putin and his murderous cohorts?
Zelensky is a loon because I think he has zero chance of winning, he knows this but will send his entire population into the maw and will never change tack.

It is indeed "beyond my ken" how you can be quite insightful in other contexts, but have somehow gotten to the stage of dismissing Zelensky, who's clearly subject to multiple pressures from within his own society, from his allies and from his opponent (as well as having his own personal objectives, both ideological and practical) and who is obviously not a "lunatic," in this utterly cack-handed way. It fucking should concern you that the quality of your comment here is so abjectly poor. I'm very much in favour of critiquing the guy's actions, motivations etc but ffs get a grip.

What you think doesn't matter though. Do you dismiss everyone holding a different (unqualified) opinion to yours as a 'lunatic' too?

And how can you claim to know what he thinks? Do you have special powers?
None of this twiddle really deserves a response.

The only "peace" deal Russia seems willing to accept is one that would allow it to continue waging war against the civilian population in the occupied territories with mass killings and torture until all traces of pro-Kyiv sympathies have been extinguished - doesn't seem very peaceful to me
Seems being the key word in your post.

Back
Top Bottom