Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

31 Abrams, 14 Challys and has anyone worked out the Leo2 total yet ?

Hope they've already started on the training [especially for the Abrams] ...

as predicted the gkremlin's already complaining.

Ukraine managed to hack the Russian TV signals this evening, though only in Crimea and Belgorod, so that Zelensky could give a birthday address. Not clear how long it lasted, but it seems to have been on most of the main channels.

Was only half listening but bloke on radio said in total about 120.

That was a great game show. Love that episode where Kropotkin couldn't remember what Circulation of the Aggregate Social Capital was and Reclus was all like dude! then Malatesta got the giggles for the rest of the show. Shame it got cancelled after one series.

'Tonight Mathew I will be Pierre Gaspard Chaumette...'

R4 News just said the Yanks originally said their Abrams Tank was too complex for Ukraine, but they have now revoked that statement and permitted it to be donated to the fray.

C4 news seem to think there have been 100,000 Ukrainian casualties and 300,000 on the Russian side.Whether that is just combatants or estimated total losses wasn't clear.

Nothing works all of the time...

One of the Challys in Basra took 19 RPG hits - both basic and tandem charge tank killers - and a Milan ATGW. It was back in action 6 hours later...

Any western tank formation going up against a Russian tank formation is going to take casualties, that's simply what happens, you get caught by surprise, you don't read the terrain right, You've not slept in a week so you leave a hatch open, or leave the refuelling hose on the engine exhaust vent - all this stuff happens...

Bet they won't get nicked by predatory tractors

It doesn't stop with the tanks. As someone has already mentioned, training. Don't forget fuel (3 gallons to the miles I've seen quoted) and all the shells. Not to mention servicing and maintenance.

Last edited:
C4 news seem to think there have been 100,000 Ukrainian casualties and 300,000 on the Russian side.Whether that is just combatants or estimated total losses wasn't clear.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Ukrainian number turns out to be a considerable amount more than that - understandably, they are being very cagey about giving out KIA/wounded numbers (as is Russia). And I suspect Ukraine's estimates on Russian losses err on the low side, too.

I presume your defence of the Putin regime is because it shares your long established on here anti-semitism? asking for a friend.
Its quite something the number of times I've been accused of being pro-Putin on here despite never uttering anything of that nature, simply being critical of a part of the bourgeosie and nationalism/national chauvinism, statism (and being an anarchist while doing so) etc. And considering how my anarchist communist and antifascist comrades have been treated by that regime then why the fuck would I be 'pro-Putin'? It literally makes no sense at all. Irrationality abounds and this war really does divide people very much.

As for the never-ending accusation that I'm an antisemite its simply false and its also quite something that some just double down on insisting thats what I am and have to keep repeating the accusation. I actually kinda feel sorry for such people coz they can't move on and have to behave in a very undignified way and stay stuck to that accusation, refusing to ever accept the possibility that I've learned from once merely making a mistake - something we all do. The idea that I'm sorry for stuff I once posted when not being able to think properly (and have already apologised for and stated that I was wrong about) is totally and stubbornly rejected and can't be tolerated. Its very narrow minded and blinkered. Theres a fanatical, holier than thou and brutish puritanism and dogmatism to it. It seems to perhaps be a way that some on here try to get me to quit the forums or silence me or provoke a reaction and maybe its also an attempt to dig it all up again so it can be used against me again. At the end of the day it appears theres nothing I can do about it, so why should I care?.

Last edited:
This place can form groups of 'consensus' on stuff and it can be a fucker if you find yourself up against it so I sympathise with that. But you can be so dogmatic. You've got to remember that although anarchists post here, in the main it isn't an anarchist board and never has been despite the jokes to the contrary.

Its quite something the number of times I've been accused of being pro-Putin on here despite never uttering anything of that nature, simply being critical of a part of the bourgeosie and nationalism/national chauvinism, statism (and being an anarchist while doing so) etc. And considering how my anarchist communist and antifascist comrades have been treated by that regime then why the fuck would I be 'pro-Putin'?

HOUSE!

When I see these kinds of accusations against people on here, when they clearly refer to some kind of previous history that I don't know about and can't form my own judgement on, I generally simply disregard them.

Its quite something the number of times I've been accused of being pro-Putin on here despite never uttering anything of that nature, simply being critical of a part of the bourgeosie and nationalism/national chauvinism, statism (and being an anarchist while doing so) etc. And considering how my anarchist communist and antifascist comrades have been treated by that regime then why the fuck would I be 'pro-Putin'? It literally makes no sense at all. Irrationality abounds and this war really does divide people very much.

As for the never-ending accusation that I'm an antisemite its simply false and its also quite something that some just double down on insisting thats what I am and have to keep repeating the accusation. I actually kinda feel sorry for such people coz they can't move on and have to behave in a very undignified way and stay stuck to that accusation, refusing to ever accept the possibility that I've learned from once merely making a mistake - something we all do. The idea that I'm sorry for stuff I once posted when not being able to think properly (and have already apologised for and stated that I was wrong about) is totally and stubbornly rejected and can't be tolerated. Its very narrow minded and blinkered. Theres a fanatical, holier than thou and brutish puritanism and dogmatism to it. It seems to perhaps be a way that some on here try to get me to quit the forums or silence me or provoke a reaction and maybe its also an attempt to dig it all up again so it can be used against me again. At the end of the day it appears theres nothing I can do about it, so why should I care?.

This thread isn’t about you and your feelings. It’s about people, on both sides, fighting and dying in terrible circumstances few of us can imagine.

Bolded bit. No judgement but I haven't seen that. I've seen you wading into threads and judging others.

Back
Top Bottom