Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

I have my doubts that was a truck bomb - on some of the other clips there is very little debris even close to the site of the blast, and the damage is very localised:

If I had to guess then its either a really small bomb which set either the fuel truck or (more likely) one of the rail cars into a BLEVE (which then caused another BLEVE as the other object blew up), or its happened as a freak accident. I lean towards the latter, mainly because of the extreme difficulty that someone would have to time that so accurately (as in to time it when the truck passed the train above a weak joint in the roadway) - which also to me makes a missile or drone strike unlikely too. Only God is usually that precise.

What's a BLEVE?

Well the rail bridge hasn't collapsed. I hope for their train crews' sake they don't try and use it if it's structurally unsound.

If this is an accident then not only does God exist but he's flying a Ukrainian flag over the Pearly Gates. My theory supported by no evidence whatsoever is that it was a bomb stuck to the bottom of one of the tanker wagons in the train.
Wouldn't have to be all that big since the Russians have helpfully supplied most of the explosives themselves.
If it was it was planted inside Russia itself, It would take Hollywood blockbuster level balls of steel to pull it off but the Ukrainians and especially the UA have proven time and time again they have a generous supply of such people.

If this is an accident then not only does God exist but he's flying a Ukrainian flag over the Pearly Gates. My theory supported by no evidence whatsoever is that it was a bomb stuck to the bottom of one of the tanker wagons in the train.
Wouldn't have to be all that big since the Russians have helpfully supplied most of the explosives themselves.
If it was it was planted inside Russia itself, It would take Hollywood blockbuster level balls of steel to pull it off but the Ukrainians and especially the UA have proven time and time again they have a generous supply of such people.
On the balance of probabilities, I think a bomb on, or under (naval drone ship?) the bridge is a far more likely option.

On the balance of probabilities, I think a bomb on, or under (naval drone ship?) the bridge is a far more likely option.
Definitely another sound possibility but considering it went off just a train full of highly inflammable fuel went over, it was either the luckiest shot in military history or the Ukrainians are getting great intelligence from somewhere.
This is a(nother) massive fucking blow for the Russian invasion anyways you look at.

Well the rail bridge hasn't collapsed. I hope for their train crews' sake they don't try and use it if it's structurally unsound.

Now everyone knows the Ukrainians can hit it, the bridge is living on borrowed time.

Though fair play for blowing up the road bridge and also setting fire to a fuel train at the same time.

The affect on morale is the most important thing here.

Alex

Que? I'm pretty sure Putin won't let this go.
And if I lived in Ukraine I'd be sleeping in a bomb shelter for the next few nights but aside from the random rocket attacks and nukes he doesn't have much to respond with. And his army is in no position to benefit from nukes at the moment.

Definitely another sound possibility but considering it went off just a train full of highly inflammable fuel went over, it was either the luckiest shot in military history or the Ukrainians are getting great intelligence from somewhere.
This is a(nother) massive fucking blow for the Russian invasion anyways you look at.
I think "great intelligence" is a given. Either by their own observations, or some really good RTI from "friends".

Now everyone knows the Ukrainians can hit it, the bridge is living on borrowed time.

Though fair play for blowing up the road bridge and also setting fire to a fuel train at the same time.

The affect on morale is the most important thing here.

Alex
Yeah. This is a big factor. It's not just that they hit the bridge - it's that the world (including Russkiy Mir) knows that they can hit the bridge. All the more reason for them not saying how they did it.

Back
Top Bottom